christianity is one big contradiction

Discussion in 'Emcee Hookups' started by stickman, Dec 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atreyu

Atreyu New Member

im finna shake...but ill be bacc later to kill this argument.
    test
  2. stickman

stickman music entrepreneur

you've still left a bunch of my points untouched..
    test
  3. john hensley

john hensley 7xRBL

i'm trying to get at this: Science is studying something that's ALREADY existed. Science has NOT proven HOW it got there.

That means it was CREATED.
    test
  4. stickman

flawed reasoning
    you're saying the answer can't exist before it is discovered
    think about it
    test
  5. Residual

Residual I'm Gay

wow, way to generalize.

White people are racist.
    It's the same kind of bullshit statement.

The only thing is you're looking through and finding things about Christianity you don't agree with and therefore have decided you are right and that it's ok to generalize because things don't sit well with you.

The world and the human mind are very complex. It's good to seek truth and hunger for knowledge but because humans are flawed and biased, we will never be able to fully understand each side.
    test
  6. stickman

John, we can discuss further
    the problem with Atreyu is that he's Jehova's Witness and they're known for unrelentless "blind" faith
    test
  7. stickman

you're acting like I don't know what I'm talking about.
    I'm not finding things in christianity I don't agree with, you're ignoring thousands of years of bigotry in your religion and indirectly condoning it.
    do you even know the history of christianity outside of what the priest/bible tells you?
    study up.
    test
  8. john hensley

john hensley 7xRBL

No that's almost opposite of what i mean.

Science is discovering(proving) what's already existing. I'm saying since it has existed, that means it had to have been there previously, even before being discovered.

Branching off of that^^ is the concept that Science isn't really coming up with truth, since the answer was already there, already in existance, just not realized and discovered yet.

And no, i'm not ruling out the possibility that Science may 'prove' how life was created someday, but as of RIGHT NOW, it does not. It does not prove 'how' what they are studying was created.
    test
  9. stickman

almost all of christianity's customs are borrowed from Paganism and other cults they destroyed.. they did this because when they conquered other sects of religions it would make it easier for those people to accept christianity because it wouldn't be all that different from their own religion.
    we can derive two things from that..
    1. that christians have been fighting and conquering OTHER MEN for their god (which doesn't make much sense to not let other people have their own religions/beliefs and then destroying those people to make them succumb to christianity)
    and 2. that Christianity has incorporated paganism and cult beliefs into their religion after denouncing these religions so brutally. that is bullshit to me.
    test
  10. stickman

you're right about the first part, that's a given

the second part.. is debatable, it hasn't "proven" but it's come up with some logical explanations

but if you wanna be like that, we'll probably never have a definite answer for that, but that's not what I'm going to base my decision in belief off of

what I've been trying to get through to you guys is that religion is proven to be flawed historically.. you can say that we weren't there and don't know exactly what happened, but that's just your want in faith talking; keeping you from thinking logically.
    test
  11. john hensley

john hensley 7xRBL

i agree with you on the religious part. I was raised as a Catholic, and i still hold some of the moral beliefs, yet when concerning the logic of it i have doubts.

Either way though, i still believe in a creator.

I'm out tho, i'll get at u later.

GO RASTAFARIANS
    test
  12. Residual

Residual I'm Gay

So just because something has a flawed history means it should stay flawed and evil?

How can I make this any simpler?
    HUMAN beings are flawed.
    If you're studying the actions and history of a group of people, it is going to be tainted, it is going to have vile deeds and periods of contradition.
    There is going to be condoning of actions like when the Catholic church sold indulgences to pay for sins.
    The Bible that you seem to be downplaying even has stories of flawed individuals.
    When Moses came down with the Ten Commandments, the caravan traveling with him had created a golden calf to worship.
    And don't forget that story of Cain and Able.
    What about the murderer who was besides Christ on the cross and was STILL given a chance for life in Heaven?

We're flawed.
    I'm not ignoring anything.
    We'll discuss it further if you're really interested.
    test
  13. stickman

CHRISTIANITY IS BASED ON BIGOTRY
    it's easy to say now, "oh so there were some flaws in the religion early on and humans are imperfect so it's alright, we have to forgive"
    but you're missing the point that Christianity did not start until LONG after the bible was written, LONG after Jesus died on the cross.. Christianity re-wrote the Bible to favor itself, Christianity recreated History to make it seem right, the religion in the first place was created by evil men... you speak as though Christianity started when time started and was created by a god.. it was created by man, and it was created for the wrong reasons.
    all the history that has led up to present day has also been murder, lies, deceit, "sinning", etc. Christianity teaches to judge people if they do not also believe in Christianity.. the religion is bigger than your perish and the people in it.. you need to see the bigger picture. It has been about domination of belief since it started, and it still is today. what did the european settlers do when they arrived in america, they set up christian churches and immediately began converting native americans who were more at peace with the land than the whites would ever be with their "perfect" religion.
    what did the spanish do when they reached Mexico and found Aztecs who were more advanced in understanding our earth and solar system than the spanish with their "perfect" religion, they destroyed the aztec culture and began converting the "savages"
    test
  14. Vembeezy

Vembeezy New Member

wow, what a fuckin idiot

U obviously dont know much about christianity

God didnt create man to worship him, all you need to do to live for god is be happy in life and make others feel the same way, thats what god wants for us.
    that and admit that he does exist as the one true god.

Also, say that it is false, who cares? people need something to make them feel safe and have hope in the world around them. It brings people together and gives them something to look forward too instead of fearing death.
    test
  15. stickman

like the crusades? that brought a lot of people together.. or the ethnic cleansing in Bosnia-Herzgovina? that brought a lot of people together.. or the spanish inquisition? that brought a lot of people together..

you're right, christianity has brought lots of people together in all different time periods, it's really wonderful isn't it

it seems chrisitianity is one of the main reasons to fear your death

you're the idiot

little ignorant kids....
    test
  16. Storm Bringa

Storm Bringa Mad as Hell

But religion hasnt done that at all. It's been the direct cause of the vast majority of wars on this planet. Disagree? Take a look at your history books. It's all there. They say money's the root of all evil, but it's really second to religion.
    test
  17. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

A man of common sense obviously.
    test
  18. break911

break911 New Member

I personaly feal as though science soothes me while religion just pisses me the fuck off.. i have a big problem with authority already.. i dont need another parent/cop/teacher.. religion is a nice tool to use to reach what the key to life is...

balance..

but be it.. there still is ... no god.. the thought just doesnt sit right with me..

if anything.. a better explanation is that our planets are just electorns circling the sun (nuclei) and the solar system is just an atom in the body of another person and our existance is mearly a milisecond in their life..

they could be our god...
    .. at least that makes more sence...
    test
  19. PuSsY WhiPpa

PuSsY WhiPpa New Member

Interesting view points, all I have to add is

Christianity has borrowed several concepts from several religions that they converted into Christianity. The foudning religion of Christianity isn't paganism though, it's Jewish religion (I can't spell the jewdieism shit). Satan is a concept of jewish religion and the satans were angels that questions God in his favoritism of humans. the concepts of heaven and hell were borrowed from satanic beliefs though as well as most of that apocolypse theory

I'm no Jew, nor am I a Christian, but I have studied both and both of their books seem like laws that needed to be put in place when these impires expanded their kingdoms to conquer nations. that's actually how Jewish religion and Christianity got famous. It was used to impose on natives, Africans, European countries and is the cause of most of the wars that movies are made of because it was viewed as God's Law and if you didn't follow God's law you were punished....

Several religions have been wiped out of existence because of these two monopolizing through slavery, warfare, kid napping children and killing their parents (in the case of native americans and early Africans) so why are we fighting for a religion that has imposed on basic human right right since it's founding?
    test
  20. PuSsY WhiPpa

PuSsY WhiPpa New Member

and also, the Bible only makes sense if you think about the times it was being written, the day of an oligarchian empire that had many people following athiest beliefs which were thought to be witches and warlocks along with revolutions against the churches because Priests back then were like the role of today's politicians and they enforced laws like judges in deciding death sentences to people who disobeyed

not to mention the bible was written by a King who later slept with his mother, King James that is.... even though supposedly he didn't find out it was his mother until later. To me his psychosis explains the role of Jesus, a man concieved without sex and completely without sin that is exhiled by everyone as he brings new ideas for an existing system of belief.... really sounds like a King with a weird concept of sex and that's what he was

ne way, what really doesn't make sense about the Bible, outside of all it's contradictions with Abraham killing his son to sacrafice him to God, which is from Paganism...... these scriptures worship a god that would rather kill the people he favors in a world he made for them instead of enlightening them with proof of his existence
    He imposes a system of blind faith to be led by peasants converted into prophets.... I just think a God should have a better plan than that to help humanity
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.