CHOOSING THE RIGHT BEATS FOR YOUR STYLE OF MUSIC.

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by antbeatz, Sep 23, 2013.

1. antbeatz

antbeatz Member

[​IMG]

Picking the right beats for your style of music is critical when it comes to your success in the music industry. Music producers, A&R's, etc. all search mostly for talent and originality, similar to how a lot of artists search for producers to work with.

Its important to seperate yourself from others build an original brand. Having a unique sound in essential towards gaining a fan base and being successful in the industry. I see artist on the internet searching for "Tyga type beats", "Drake type beats","Kendrick Lamar type beats", etc. all the time. When you record to a Drake type beat, and have a similar delivery, similar rhyme scheme as Drake, people might relate you to Drake. When people relate you to certain artist, it's either you have a similar sound, your delivery/flow is similar, or your beats sound really the same.

If your beats are fire, people will really enjoy listening to your music. I know a lot of people that listen to music and don't even listen to the words of the song. I ask them why, they say its because they really just like the beat. Tyga would be a great example, people really enjoy listening to his music. Most people will tell you that tyga has sick beats, his flow is real good, but his lyrics are not that great. When I listen to tyga, I agree. He really doesn't talk about much, but his beats and delivery are on point.

CONTINUE READING...
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  2. Tonio Denzino

Tonio Denzino Member

Thanks for the blogs man, I'm trying to learn as much as I can and it's nice to hear your insight on things.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  3. John Braun

John Braun New Member

Yes, I absolutely agree with Kapricious, this post is really amazing!))
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  4. Majestic1990

Majestic1990 Peace and Love

Yes originality is key..having a good beat gives your track a good first impression

Me personally, if the beat is wack i rarely even listen to the lyrics.

On the flip side, I try and listen anyway and some dudes will have fire lyrics and shitty beat

Having original beats is good for you to. It sets you apart from the rest. I know dudes that record on drake instrumentals or lil wayne instruments and it makes it sound like a knock-ff version if youve already heard the original song

Its always good to go with your own style and not what the mainstream industry dudes are doing
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  5. antbeatz

antbeatz Member

agree 100% with you... thanks everybody for the feedback!
    test