Cho Suang Hi (R.I.p>)

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by Sodium, Apr 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sodium

Sodium I Get Computers Putin'

Everybdy wanta say oh he was crazy and shit. fuck that. i mean yeah crazy but then anybody would be if they had the kind of life this crazy korean had. son had noo friends/pussy and was surrounded by a bunch of rich faggots in pastel colors and expensive sandals. the sort of society we have going in the western world is breeding lonely and cut-off people. Why are we suprised when the members of this individualistic society break down and give up on life.
    test
  2. Sodium

[​IMG]

r.i.p you homo
    test
  3. teq the decider

teq the decider sexual predator

Everyone's scratching around for answers and as usual are missing what's staring them right in the face. This Cho guy did this because he was a fucking liberal. Leftism teaches hatred of the rich and a perverted moral relativism that excuses suicide bombers that target innocent people because theyre 'powerless'. His babbling about rich kids and belief that what he was about to do was some kind of noble act are clear corrollaries of an already fragile mind totally destroyed by the leftwing poison pumped into his brain by that piece of shit university. Identity-X, you have blood on your hands!
    test
  4. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

He choose to be that way!

Fuck' cho. He was going to tech-u, His sister is going to princeton.
    His parents own a dry cleaning bussiness. What did Korea ever do
    for him or his family? Nothing!

Say one thing though he Obviously accomplished Martyrdom.
    I Never saw you as a ridiculous person before this thread Sodium.

http://www.soundclick.com/pro/view/01/default.cfm?BandID=12347

DZK said it best!
    test
  5. Riz

Riz Well-Known Member

No, I did!

Frankenstein’s Revenge

Things aren’t what they seem
    Frankenstein wasn’t created by just his genes
    Nor did living with maladjusted teens
    It’s both extremes and everything in between

Condemned by a world that created him
    The fire consumed and then cremated him
    Revenge against a world that made him sin
    The media degraded and then paraded him

And now they’re looking for a culprit to blame
    And now they picking on hip-hop culture again
    And ultra-violent video games.
    Old Boy watched a movie and it made him insane

Some know which person to blame fully
    And that person is the bully
    Others yet blame the human condition
    Or the easy hand gun acquisition

It was an American culture drenched in vanity
    It’s simple: it was insanity
    It was the parents for not having time
    Or it was entirely the fault of Frankenstein

It was all of them and none of them
    In truth it was the sum of them

No single cause can create a complex condition
    So check the revision of the position
    It’s not about the reduction of responsibility
    It’s about the addition
    test
  6. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

"Shut the doors, shut the windows, shut everything! the Invisible Man is coming!" - H. G. Wells (The Invisible Man - 1897)
    test
  7. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

No i like how dzk said it. which is best.

You didn't show much originality. Seen the whole Frankenstein allegory flipped to many times. Twiztid even flipped it. Nice to see your writting poems though. It's cho, Noone else. He condemed himself. We all live in cho's eviroment (america) I didn't become him! My family life wasn't perfect either, I didn't become him, What a copout! Cho was the WEAK!

Teq actually put it better than you as well.
    test
  8. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

yes teq worded it nicely...

jesus never condemmed the rich for being rich, nor for being weak characters..he prayed for them. thats what cho should have done. taking so many lives is destructive and doesnt help anybody, especially not himself concerning his hereafter.
    test
  9. identity-X

identity-X No Talent Assclown

there's a difference between advocating hatred OF the rich and being opposed to oppression BY the rich.

let's look at this a little closer...he opted to partake in violent action instead of trying to talk out his issues among those he had a problem with. he felt death was a proper punishment for perceived wrongdoings. he seemed to have an abnormal fascination with weapons and guns.

The old guard conservatives in the US government would welcome this kid into their ranks with open arms.
    test
  10. identity-X

If the fact that this sort of behavior has happened about once a year for the past 2 decades in THIS country and does not happen on that scale anywhere else is not indicative of larger social processes at play, then I don't know what is.

Riz - I'm with you
    test
  11. Sodium

i think wat happened had more to do with how one becomes cut off from society. The results of this manifest itself in many ways. It just so happened that this time 33 people had to get shot. im interested in knowing how people get detached from society and really by that i guess im saying from humanity in general.

i would guess that individualistic cultures churn out more cut-off people than normal. This certainly would seem like it would play a role. And if it does indeed play a role, i would wager that it plays a pretty large role.
    test
  12. Sodium

who do you blame indeniny?
    test
  13. identity-X

ultimately I blame the shooter...

however, any examination of what's going on should look at larger social factors, of which there are a bazillion.

- this was also a suicide. Durkheim examined the effects of individualism on suicide over a century ago. and guess what...European countries that were more individualistic had far higher suicide rates than those that did not.

- to say that he simply "hated rich people" is a seriously simplistic explanation for what is going on. not everyone in a society can be rich. not everyone in a society can be wealthy. they're subjective terms. they are relative terms. however, in this society we have a particular conception of what it means to be "rich". we ALSO brainwash our kids from day 1 that EVERYONE can be rich and that EVERYONE can be wealthy...even though, statistically speaking, the odds that someone will make even more than 6 digits a year is next to zero. you can't blame the rich for this...but you also can't be too surprised when some kid who's already an outcast for other reasons (see below) throws a tizzy because he's told he too can be rich, even when he feels as if the opportunities for him to work toward that goal are unavailable to him

- this is a gender issue. the fact that 2 dozen of these shootings have occured over hte past couple decades and that EVERY SINGLE ONE of them was done by a young male, is quite telling. we live in a society that expects all males to act like men. males are expected (as in all societies) to engage in particular masculine performances or else others will view them as "wimply" or as "pussies"...i.e. they are NOT "real men". the difference with our society from some others is that we expect a particularly HYPER-masculine performance from "real men", one that centers on being excessively powerful. it's a standard that many young men cannot live up to. and when they are disempowered in other ways (being middle class or non-white), they will compensate by in other ways. guns can be a great equalizer...which brings me to...

- this culture has been celebrated violence since it was formed centuries ago. the use of violence is business as usual. the use of guns is business as usual. what do you expect from the only nation in the first-world that STILL uses the death penalty to punish (despite all empirical evidence that shows it has ZERO effect on crime rates). (and no...before anyone even says it, the above sentence does NOT imply that the use of the death penalty is responsible. this sort of behavior is another product of the celebration of gun culture. it's another product of a larger culture of violence

there is not ONE person to blame (outside of the shooter). there is no ONE group to blame. it's bigger and far more complex just pointing a finger at rich people or hip hop or the government
    test
  14. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris, Where not bullied. Infact they had good grades, Weren't unpopular, had many girl friends, and were even out spoken and articulate. But they had Psychogenic disorder.

If you ever get a chance watch Columbine the final report.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/ET/popup/200704101800.html

Are you assuming it doesn't happen elsewhere?
    http://www.indianexpress.com/story/28624.html

sycophant much?

Of course you are. You have every right to your opinion.
    However, your opinion is flawed. In my opinion the Psychogenically weak need copouts. Or this could be how their mental illness sees the world.
    The statistics are low not high. If you had a wide range of statistics I say
    you have a point, But you don't. What we are dealing with is mental ill people gone rogue.
    test
  15. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Interesting, Lets see where you're going with this.

Bazillion? really? lol

Key words, century ago. I'd wager the middleeast is winning that statistic now.

True, Huxely even mentions this in a Ice berg metaphor, which I agree.
    lets proceed.

Fallacy of assumption. Perhaps, Your parents didn't keep it real with you?
    That would explain your argument from passion.

Really? I'd like to see the evidence.

So you justify his actions based on your Subjective assumption?
    Identity, how come I didn't shoot up Drake university?

The feminist agenda is coming out. *grabs popcorn*

Fallacy of poisoning the well. This kid left a 24 page manifesto with his words directed specifically at Wealthy and Martyrdom.

Hasty Generalization. Not to mention, fallacy of posioning the well.
    You're acting like the kid was Richard simons, come to think of it...
    why hasn't richard simons compensated a Gun for lack of masculinity? Cho is mentally Ill, Even his family said, snice he was little he wasn't right in the head.

How do you blame a whole culture and not the person. There is a greater number of people in our culture who don't resort to school shootings. You're whole logic is George washington caused Cho to massacre. LOL! Honestly, If that were true, Everyone would be killing everyone. you're on quite a Emotional diatribe. Yes, gun Corporations were ecstatic to see guns killed people. It's not like that won't hurt Busniess as usual. LOL!

That has nothing to do with the conversation. It's not even a Cause for the Cho effect. However, I too am against the death penalty.

Guns don't kill people. Crazy people with guns kill people. Implying we take away guns? That's not very constitutional of you. Perhaps, we can see eye to eye on this, and recommand NO patient and doctor confidentiality agreements when it comes to buying a gun. A little Instability is better than total stability. If everything was perfect, it would be like being on soma 24/7, nothing but a unartistic, passionless, world.

To the CT it has to be complex, But to philosopher/scientist the simplest answer is always the correct one. Cho was mentally ill. He should have been commited. He should have been on a pill like cymbalta. The effect for him not wanting help till it was to late... perpetuated into massmurder!
    test
  16. Sodium

Thats a really good post. I think all of the factors you listed played a role. It would seem that the way this society is structured there are many stressors (like the ones you list) each of them acting together to ultimately break down people who are already in dispositions vulnerable to this sort of thing. The logical question would to ask would be if there is any sort of system that can be put into play where people are well-informed about the pitfalls like the one seung cho found himself in so that they won't find themselves facing an immovable wall of stress like he did.

I heard suggestions about rounding people up who seem suspicious and throwing them in some therapy but i'm not so sure this would be that effective. I suggest that school (elementary-high school) should circle moreso around teaching people how to live successfully in society which would include: encouraging strong social relationships, developing a secure personal identity, and giving more realistic expectations about what being "successful" in society even means. You allude to the latter in your post. This is not unlike the sort of thing that would occur in a therapists office. That is, trying to get people to think realistically, showing them how to spot irrational forms of thinking, and live a healthy life. This is a service that should be offered to everyone; not just the crazy.
    test
  17. teq the decider

teq the decider sexual predator

It's rare for any bigot to concede the true root of their animus, even to themselves. They always have a contrived justification of some sort. The notion that the rich are "oppressing people" is clearly a product of hate rather than its cause. What does teary eyed bleating about "income inequality" have to do with oppression?

I know of no conservative who has advocated or supported killing large scores of innocent people based upon an ambiguous sense of grievance. The record of history is however stained by figures such as Stalin, Mao, Hitler, Castro and Polpot who attained power by doing just that.
    test
  18. identity-X

and menaz and teq fail to see the forest for the trees AND put words in my mouth...

nothing new here

pssst...hey menaz. mental illness is, partly, a social product.
    test
  19. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

But you can't ignore, it is Genetic. he choose to be anti-social.
    He could have got the Pills and been fine. Well, at the very least not
    murdered people.
    test
  20. identity-X

i'm not ignoring. it IS, in some cases, genetic. in some cases it's biological. in all cases it is mediated by existence in the social world
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.