Child's Prison by Jakob22 Official Video Feed returned

Discussion in 'Post Ya Audios & Videos Here! - feedback forum' started by DeathChamberz, Mar 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diesel203

diesel203 New Member

As far as the video. It lost my attention pretty quick. I would have found atleast three seperate locations that fit the theme of the song to help keep people interested and stimulated. People have a very short attentionspan once it seems like theres nothing new to see they loose interest fast. Going along with that train of thought, I wouldve cut shots alot quicker. I cut every half second to a second on 90-95% of my shots this also helps to keep peoples attention.

As far as the production on the song. The mix is ok with the exception of the essing. Those high frequency esses are the thing that bothers me most in mixes. Try using a DeEsser to keep them to a minimum. Also the track is not mastered. Your hitting about 50% of the room you before clipping. When mastered to a -1dcb output veiling your hitting about 98%.
    test
  2. DeathChamberz

DeathChamberz From the Page to da stage

Yeah Jakob really was adamant about the scene he wanted and you know artists know everything lol Yeah more cuts could have made it more interesting.

We didn't master it true just did the mix.
    I will forward the rest to the engineer as that mix stuff I don't really know about.
    test
  3. VinnyVeechMusic

VinnyVeechMusic New Member

real emotional track but that ain't a bad thing. Good song, has good meaning and I bet most of us miss being a kid as well. I definitely do. I thought the shot of the vacant swing was a great idea. The background effect was a little too much for me personally but the concept of the video is dope. I liked the hook too. It's nice to see and hear something with meaning beyond money, cars and hoes.. things a lot of artists try to portray and write about without having.
    test
  4. Loose Logic

Loose Logic Member

thought i fed this..
    anyway...

sounds nice.. video is goods.. i like the idea of hiding the face.. flows on point.. delivery is cool.. lyrics are nice .. hooks not bad. dig it.. good shit..

quality aint bad.. maybe the vocals are a bit low.. but not bad

keep droppin
    test
  5. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

im saying......yea nothing new and when people do this mask thing it is a marketing ploy intentional or not.......It will cause people to flat out pigeon hole dude as a coppier and put him as a wack aetist before even hearing to judge......before you say you don't want them as fans or whatever, you do cause you never know who is watching or listening......It reflects upon your credibility aas well in all honesty.....show him the way, and make him think he found it by himself but dtill needs you
    test
  6. DeathChamberz

So far it's been more of benefit as people remember him. A few people make a big deal about it but not many. Before I tell him to take off his mask I would take him out of his music videos.

Video is far less important to the music I just don't see why him wearing a mask is that big of a deal. Most people don't really care but they remember him as the dude in the mask. As long as the music is strong until it becomes a real issue I will leave the way it is.
    test
  7. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

if it becomes a real issue, then it is too late already.....does dude wear a mask on stage?......being remembered for this is not always a good thing, and i don't know your artists situation ie sales shows etc... enough to know if this would be the case.......

Do you think the music is strong enough to be remembered and build a buzz by itself?
    test
  8. DeathChamberz

We haven't done any shows as of yet starting in the summer I believe we are masking it up for shows as of right now is the plan. If it becomes an issue maybe will do an unmasking as a big event. BHut so far it's been much more of a benefit than a hinderance

I will let the artist do what they believe in as long as it's successful.

I do think the music is strong but I don't see why wearing a mask is a negative thing. WHy do people care what he looks like under the mask.

I think as long as you have good music anything that makes you stand out and be different can only be a good thing.

THe mask also symbolizes the two identities to the artists Jakob22 and The Hooded Fang. You will notice there are 2 distinct face coverings that he sports in the video.
    Plus he doesn't want to have people judge the music for who he is but for what he does.

I see the point and we did discuss allot of those issues when we decided to do it. Bit felt it could still work
    test
  9. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

I think u should make sure dude can perform before you do more of anything else.........if you can't rock a show, you are not a even decent rapper.......as long as you have good music and can get fans then you should be able to get a show.......spend money wisely, an artist with two personalities is not different innovative or anything close to that, even if the wayy you guys do it is a different sort of way.......

A mask, outfit, pink slippers etc...are all done for attention and will do nothing really more than have people judge the artist and not listen to the music......I know getting noticed in this business is hard, i know how hard it is when you are already noticed......I'm speaking from a business sided view.......and gimmicks fade fast, all that's left is the artist, so make sure dude knows how to spit, and knows that a rapper is an entertainer and a performer......a video and a song<live show
    test
  10. DeathChamberz

Jakob22 can perform we just decided to try and build a little buzz before we start trying to get shows. I feel to many artist do two songs and try and jump on a stage.

Aswell we don't want to just go on stage and rap some songs but we are really wanting to put together an actual "performance"

I never said we were reinventing the wheel or the most innovating thing. Who is really
    WHat we do that innovating is just doing the music that we love and expect others to eventually accept it.

As rappers if wearing a mask is done for attention than not wearing a mask and imaging yourself differently is done for attention. The attention we want is people judging based on the music and so far it's been working.

Next video from Jakob22 is on Artuuro Leduss next single
    [​IMG]

WHat you say is true but ti doesn't make it more true because Jakob wears a mask with or without the mask the music got to stand up for itself. We feel the music does hold up strong so we are not really worried about that
    test
  11. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

want/get needs a good strategy.......but you have been given enough of my advice and i know what you will do with it, so really i encourage you to listen to people who are negative sounding, or even hating for a reason........we learn much from these people both about our flaws and their desire to point out our flaws so eagerly.........

performing a show and being able to perform are different, keep that in mind as well......
    test
  12. DeathChamberz

Yea with the performing we have purposefully not tried to get shows as of right now. We really want to set up an actual performance and not just a show.
    I grew up on performers like BBusta Rhymes and from my city we got Kardinal who is an amazing performer. Or like Tech N9ne. I became a fan of TechN9ne through going to a show and being amazed at what I seen. We want to bring that kind of effect to the show. That takes planning to many jump on stage before there ready.

I do listen to all people and take what they say. I love hate more than love as long as it's constructive. Constructive hate makes you get better.
    But if they love the music and hate that he's wearing a mask we can live with that

I would hate for them to love the mask and hate the music that would suck
    test
  13. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

also too many get booed off before they are ready.......usually cuz they are not ready to be in front of a crowd
    test
  14. DeathChamberz

hahahahah I would say not enough get booed off. There's allot of big artists who performances absolutely suck
    test
  15. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

hey bro thanks for peepin' the video taymae nunu.. i', just responding bc u asked for feedback but i've already posted in this thread. thanks again for peepin... i'll always view and give response to ur music dont be afraid to PM with new links.
    test
  16. kayklah

kayklah Member

test
  17. Big Stykz

Big Stykz u feel me?

i like the beat, good backdrop for the subject matter....

this track is pretty dope. the flow and delivery rock with this beat perfectly, and the lyrics r on point. well mixed 2, i like this shit....

as 4 the video, i like where ur goin. but it gets a lil 2 repetitive. id like to see more of a story goin on thru the video, as opposed to just cutaways of random kids playin, u know? i can dig the concept of homey not showin his face 2, just keep it creative as u make more videos. im sure the more videos u do, the more dude will generate buzz with that approach....

keep it movin cuzzo. and good looks on the reply...
    test
  18. DeathChamberz

Yeah I see what you're saying from the feedback we could have done more

If you like the album please download the album Jakob22
    test
  19. pot-c

pot-c AWESOME DUDE

My only complaint is that you never used the slide or the swing. Other than that you've got a video that goes with the lyrics for a change. Good work!

PEESH!
    pot-c

oh yeah - if you don't like masks, you don't like Batman! why don't you like Batman for fuck's sake? dude's just trying to help people! wash your own damn dishes!
    test
  20. New Life Records

New Life Records Active Member

diggin this! real topic. video good quality. nice shit!
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.