Child's Prison by Jakob22 Official Video Feed returned

Discussion in 'Post Ya Audios & Videos Here! - feedback forum' started by DeathChamberz, Mar 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeathChamberz

DeathChamberz From the Page to da stage

• Hot Thread Hot Thread x 1
    test
  2. Machete Beats

Machete Beats The Beat Surgeon

Hello, you asked for feedback in another thread!

THE BEAT

- Nice beat, I like the melody and sounds.
    - Good mixing and levels.
    - Sounds clean and crisp.
    - At times a bit generic tho.
    - Not that original, at least not compared to beats produced in Europe.

THE RAP

- Great flow and delivery.
    - The voice is easy for the ear, perfect for rap music.
    - The verses were ok I guess, nothing special, some parts were good, others felt a bit pretentious.

THE VIDEO

- Sorry but I didn't feel the video that much, it's a bit bland and too monotonous.
    - Why is the rapper blind folded?
    - With the material provided it's still edited nicely and that color filter is always nice for rap videos.

//Paz
    test
  3. DeathChamberz

Thanks one of the most thorough reviews I got.
    Why the blindfold it's just partof Jakob22 identity or better word for it Lack of identity. In music we have to present an image he chooses to make his unknown
    Yeah with the video felt like going a different route as our videos are always dark and gloomy
    test
  4. Machete Beats

Machete Beats The Beat Surgeon

Ahh ok, I see. Some MF Doom, ICP etc thing goin on?

Np, if you're gonna say something about a song, why not SAY SOMETHING, knahmean, hehe..

//Paz
    test
  5. RiggsofHTI

RiggsofHTI New Member

i like the edits on this...dope cuts..wish the lens was a lil clearer...songs pretty cool...pretty clean mix...nice storyline..keep it up
    test
  6. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

beat is actually aight man,,,,,,,the video is just the opposite.........i really don't get the blindfold and ring video like production value, it enhances me to not wanna peep more than ten seconds........but the beat is honestly cool, the rap is blah imo, and the gimmick is pretty blatantly lackluster.......****spite what i may have blindly said previously, i gave this a fair 10 seconds to view and listened to most of it..........i'd say rethink the image and/or marketing strategy.........you the blind manager right?......this is my honest opinion i am trying to be helpful so don't take it as hate......

public personna's do not have lack of identities man, i really feel you're going bout this alll wrong
    test
  7. patrown

patrown student for life

The only piece of constructive criticism I have:
    if the ending statement was removed.. the impact of the video would improve.

Lyrics were veerry on point. Video is really good. I shared it on facebook, nuff said.
    Thank you for making this and linking me. Keep doing what you're doing.
    I felt it in every way.
    test
  8. DeathChamberz

Thanks for checking it out I took it off
    test
  9. littleslimlocc

littleslimlocc New Member

there are some interesting visual fx utilized in this vid, but ive got to admit, i think this is my favorite joint from you, and probably my favorite vid, somethin about the b ballin in the distance and color work - shit workin for me well

dope track too
    test
  10. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

Beat: was melancholy an really played on the mood and narration setting. mixed with depseration, saddness, coming to age.

Lyrics: flow wasn't super intricate, but clean, consistent, and the imagery was pretty dope.
    this track was def an emo track.. for da emo tugz!

video: i liked how it was distorted and sorta outta focus added more to the unattached feeling of the rapper and his pain, his message and it was creative and all together made the video seem really thought out and put together in it's most simplistic form.

good shit Jakob22 an thanks for the feed back on my battle B
    test
  11. StarKoreProductions

StarKoreProductions Member

song was aight concept was good....think ura pussy for making a video and not showing ur face i just laugh at these dudes making videos and are embarassed to b there fucking self...u wanna b ill u ever wanna b marketable show ur fuckin face hahh...no hate
    test
  12. OneStopHipHop

OneStopHipHop Member

i peeped this before on SC boards, i really fux with this great job all the way around, Props
    test
  13. DeathChamberz

Why is showing your face sooo important and make you more marketable. Every rapper shows there face. Everytime you see or hear about Jakob22 you will remmeber him as the dude who doesn't show his face. It's not really about being embarassed more about being different. And the fact that we are specifically trying not to market based on his face but despite his face.

Many rappers have come out without showing a full part of there face. Shouldn't it be about the music and not what Jakob22 looks like. I actually told him that he shouldn't be in the videos we do at all. THe 1st time someone should see him is his 1st live performance.

XXL Examines Rappers in Masks [Plus Poll] | XXLMAG.COM
    I guess you haven't heard of rappers like Ghostface Killah or MF Doom.

I will be honest I didn't think it would be a big deal to people about the mask. THank you for listening to the music though hope you liked it enough to download the album @ Jakob22

Features Lord Lhus, Savage Brothers, J. Reno, PeepSho, FrostBitten, PsychWard and more....
    test
  14. Past-one

Past-one ticking time bomb

dope dope drop brother
    test
  15. Stranger

Stranger New Member

dope shit man
    test
  16. Yessir.its.Kin

Yessir.its.Kin New Member

when I ran from police thats how i learned track haha that whole section was hot

I like how u did thiz but that effect I think takes away from ya vocals alil too much

Video is dope

good shit man
    test
  17. Lyrikcha

Lyrikcha Dont Give a FUCK

Yea the video filter and color correction was a lil weird and distracting...I liked the scenic swing set parts though...The beat was aight and the lyrics was on point...keep doing ur thang homie
    test
  18. Sin Skywalker

Sin Skywalker #184 Gladiator.

That's what I thought. No reason why you shouldn't show your face my dude.

Song was kinda cool though. Creative. The beat was nice. Video was alright.
    test
  19. DeathChamberz

Yeah but it's not like he's the first one to cover his face. He might do it one day but as of right now this is how Jakob chooses to represent himself not that big of a deal
    test
  20. Shawn Phillips

Shawn Phillips Area905

videos cool. whats over your face dude? that a tuke? lol. story is cool, lyrics are a bit basic, and the flow could use some work. overall a str8 track. work on flow delivery and presence. make it sound more natural. 6.5/10
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.