charlamagne the god goes in on kanye, finally ...

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Nu'maaN, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

... he still thinks he's walt disney.

never heard charlamagne, don't even know if i spelled that correct.

:numaan:
    test
  2. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

Charlemagne is awesome. He don't give a fuck. Honest as fuck too.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  3. King-Vis

King-Vis Buy Any Beats Necessary

Haven't we've seen this already along with the Sway interview?
    test
  4. ThatsNotMyName

ThatsNotMyName The Conquering Lion

Kanye & Charlamagne in the same room?

I gots to see this!
    test
  5. Esoteriq

Esoteriq Worst Behavior

I don't get a chance to listen to Breakfast Club but I regularly listen to Charlamagne on DJ Vlad's channel. Dude is the truth and gave it to Kanye like it is. I honestly respect Ye a little more after all this shit recently though. I at least understand some more where he's coming from.
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  6. ThatsNotMyName

Meh. I expected more confrontation.

Mayne, poor Ye, let the nigga be.
    test
  7. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

are you having problems with corporations too?

i just think he's preaching his rich man problems to an audience that doesn't care for those problems.

• +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  8. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

People would let him be if he didn't constantly get on interviews and be a twat.
    test
  9. P. Chase

P. Chase Well-Known Member

Fuck Kanye
    test
  10. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

Every single thing Kanye said makes sense and it's not even out there. Charlamagne is a simpleton... can't see the forest for the trees.
    test
  11. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

Talking about "but you don't need money to be free" to someone who's talking about 7 black billionaires out of 1700+, and 600 billion dollar companies...

Yeah, you're free as long as you've got your two feet and health, and I stay broke & real... but you're only free as long as the powers that be don't give a shit how productive or useful the population is. When shit hits the fan, the only free people will be on their own islands or on a space station. Or stragglers who weren't so indoctrinated into consumerism that they learned real life skills which have nothing to do with employment or telecommunications technology. If you ever need to run, where you gonna run to? To a malaria infested jungle to die in a week? You ain't free, you're cattle.

"malcom x didn't have money, martin luther king didn't have money" - yeah, that's why they're dead while people who pull strings are untouchable.

"i like the revolutionaries that don't use corporations" - yeah, communist utopias in south america are all good as long as that coke money keeps the US goverment distracted. As long as they don't set eyes on some resources your land might have and want it by any means necessary... holding up your fist and seizing power isn't going to do shit when the bully that bullies the bully gets greedy or desperate.

Charlamagne thinks Kanye talking big business isn't the dumbed down conscious rap he used to be, when in reality, it's a higher level of consciousness. It's the same kind of shit someone like Canibus talks about on Only Slaves DREAM, except Kanye actually has the power position as "new money" and rockstar, but new money is fighting with an exclusive country club that looks down on him for not being old, Mayflower/gold rush/industrial revolution money.

This is that Wu-Tang dynasty shit, not that hood rich minstrel show shit.
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
    • +Rep +Rep x 3
    test
  12. Esoteriq

Esoteriq Worst Behavior

[​IMG]

What really stood out to me was that in a recent interview, Kanye attributed his confidence (what some would call arrogance) to his Black Panther parents. That he took the whole "you can be anything you want to be" more literally and that he truly believes in himself. If any of us truly thinks that we are a genius we should be honest about making that known. The problem is false modesty that shows up and is expected of people. But why the false modesty?

Whatever the reason, Kanye never bought it, and honestly I support that worldview.
    • +Rep +Rep x 3
    test
  13. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

You can be what you want. Even Nas told the kids that, but nah... Charlamagne says stay in your place, don't get money, don't make moves. If you're at a certain point, don't look up or look down.

At the same time, in a different interview, he tells Mac Miller how he doesn't need to be humble or respect anyone anymore because he made 3 mil or 6 mil or some shit.

We ain't in some dystopian future where your genetics decide your occupation as an absolute yet. Biggie said "mo money, mo problems"... maybe Char needs mo money so he can see mo problems, and I'm pretty sure that's what he'd like: to keep rubbing elbows with the movers and shakers.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  14. ThatsNotMyName

Nigga, YOU need a radio show.
    test
  15. Esoteriq

Esoteriq Worst Behavior

I'd listen to that. Me and Ninja should do a podcast or somethin. That would be NUTS, on more than one level.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  16. ThatsNotMyName

test
  17. Esoteriq

Esoteriq Worst Behavior

Haha me and Gala have had some interesting discussions. Yea, her too.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  18. Mel Man

Mel Man Wat ya'll bout to witness

^Ninj don't fuck with you

Stay delusional though
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  19. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

i love how he interrupted an answer to tell kanye that yeezus sucked.

kanye just smiles and looks back at the interviewer, "okay", lol.

test
  20. Mel Man

Mel Man Wat ya'll bout to witness

eeehhh imo Ye misled/controlled

but to each his own,,,deep down Ye a smart dude n know what time it is,,,he livin his destiny i guess
    test