Chappelle's Show Season 3

Discussion in 'Movies, Entertainment & Various Music Genres' started by Nam Dekan, May 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

source: davisdvd.com

In a unexpected move, Comedy Central announced on Wednesday that it has postponed the highly anticipated third season of "Chappelle's Show" less than a month before its May 31 premiere. Offering no explanation, the network only released this brief statement: "Comedy Central has suspended production on the third season of "Chappelle's Show" until further notice. All parties are optimistic that production will resume in the near future." Originally due to premiere this past February, this new season of "Chappelle's Show" was postponed once before due to both writing delays and Dave Chappelle's bout with "the flu." As a result, the timed DVD release of Chappelle's Show: Season Two also was postponed from February to May 24th. No word yet whether the second season box set will be delayed yet again or if it will be released as planned.

that sucks..pushed back again, at least it looks like the season 2 dvd wont be pushed back again since they are running those bootleg episodes now to coincide with the dvd release
    test
  2. K-Skills

K-Skills Mr.Skills

Damn again ?
    test
  3. TruKaos

TruKaos I'll Box Your Ears

yeah i read this a few days ago....it really pissed me off
    test
  4. thaRooster

thaRooster hahahahahhaha NO!

theyre probably runnin outta material
    test
  5. OrtizDupri

OrtizDupri then you gotta BREATHE

I heard this, then I turned on Comedy Central to see them running ads for the new season all day every day, no mention of postponing it...
    test
  6. masterragu

masterragu Sweep The Leg, Johnny!

Hopefully shit gets back on track...
    test
  7. Nam Dekan

is it just the bootleg episodes? because thats all i have been seeing
    test
  8. Stunt F50

Stunt F50 New Member

i heard about dat shit on da radio dis mornin, it pissed tha hell outa me
    test
  9. OrtizDupri

OrtizDupri then you gotta BREATHE

Nah, Season III... like crazy, too.
    test
  10. Nam Dekan

i have yet to see one and i watch comedy central a lot...

the only chappelle advertisement i seen is

Season 2 DVD on May 24th and the Bootleg Episodes every Tuesday in May

Season 3 isnt even advertised on the Comedy Central site..just the bootleg episodes

i think i seen 3 advertisement for May 31 before comedy centrals statement though
    test
  11. chickenwang

chickenwang (the) state of the art

man i heard that dave is strung out right now with all this pressure. i saw a link somewhere to the site but i dont have it anymore. just know that hes FEELIN THE PRESSURE!
    test
  12. Nam Dekan

this it?

NEW YORK - Comedy Central star Dave Chappelle has checked himself into a mental health facility in South Africa, the magazine Entertainment Weekly reported on Wednesday.

The comedian's whereabouts and condition have been unknown since Comedy Central abruptly announced last week that the planned May 31 launch of the third season of "Chappelle's Show" had been postponed and production halted.

Chappelle flew from Newark, N.J., to South Africa on April 28 for treatment, said the magazine, quoting a source close to the show it would not identify. Entertainment Weekly said it had corroborating sources for its story.

"We don't know where he is," Comedy Central spokesman Tony Fox said. "We've heard about South Africa. We don't know. We haven't talked to Dave."

Chappelle's spokesman, Matt Labov, would not comment on the magazine's story.

"It seems like the issues he's contending with are really quite serious," said Dade Hayes, a senior editor at Entertainment Weekly. "It isn't a case of him spending a weekend someplace recuperating from exhaustion."

The magazine's sources say Chappelle is still in the facility, which was not named, Hayes said. Chappelle's representatives have denied that the comedian was abusing drugs.

Chappelle reportedly signed a $50 million deal with Comedy Central for two more seasons of his show, a payday made possible because of the explosive sales of the show's first season DVD.

The magazine said Chappelle had shot four to five episodes' worth of sketches for the new season, but none of its onstage introductions.
    test
  13. SoFly05

SoFly05 Big Mac

Damn, I hope Dave can get him self straight. That must be some serious pressure, to have to try to follow all the success he's had so far. The funny thing is he went into rehab on my birthday, haha
    test
  14. J2COOL

J2COOL May da coolness b wit u

They delaying the Dave Chappelle's show season 3? But i haven't seen an ad for the show even though i watch comedy central alot.
    test
  15. Nam Dekan

thats because it got delayed so they have been running ads for the bootleg eps to coincide with the season 2 dvd release...

season 3 was supposed to start in february and coincide with the dvd release...both got pushed back until May...
    test
  16. masterragu

masterragu Sweep The Leg, Johnny!

I watch about 5 hours of comedy central a day they've been running season 3 ads a lot lately, but stopped withint he past few days.

They had a lot of them the past few weeks, saying to catch the chapelle show in may or whatever date it was.

my comcast cable provider also talked about it everytime i went into my on demand digital cable...
    test
  17. Flow-Joe

Flow-Joe Annyong!

damn, that is whack
    test
  18. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Dave Chappelle is in Africa at a mental treatment center getting help!
    Chappelle had a stress/nervous break down,news pappers say Chappelle could not handle the new found fame. paparazzi have been hounding chappelle snice his show became a hit, chappelle could no longer handle them ethier.

I don't blame chappelle...go see the movie "paparazzi"
    u well understand how the press/ girly-gossip-men can cause a
    stress-induced-nervous-break-down.
    test
  19. Madpoet

Madpoet why is this so short....

He has AIDS..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.