Championship: 1. Sacrifice 12-1 v. 2. Dreamcaster 4-0

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by DiC GeTs GuLLy, Nov 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DiC GeTs GuLLy

DiC GeTs GuLLy Hello

[​IMG]

RSTL RULES AND REGULATIONS

RULES AND REGULATIONS - THERE'S SOME NEW SHIT SO CLICK AND READ

The Standard League Rules will still be Enforced

Due Dates

VERSES DUE: Saturday, 11:59PM PST/2:59AM EST
    Verses posted after the deadline will not count!

VOTES DUE Monday, 11:59PM PST/2:59 EST
    Votes posted after the deadline will not count!

• Check-in (Posting in your match to show that you are aware the match exists) is encouraged but not required.
    • Verses must incorporate at least one of the provided topics and must be at least 16 lines and must not exceed 64 lines.
    • Anyone who does not post at least 4 rap lines, incorporating at least one of the provided topics, is considered a no-show.
    • RECYCLING IS NOT STRICTLY PROHIBITED. You may not use any verse that you have previously used within the league at any time. Whether it was a no show, tournament verse recycled for the league or visa versa or any verse that have ever been used within the league perimeters.
    • During check-in, you can ask your opponent to agree to a line limit (Minimum 16) and if your opponent agrees, Moderators will hold both participants to that limit.
    • Posting between 4-15 lines is considered a “show” but will not result in a match. If you post 4-15 lines, and your opponent posts between 16-64, you will lose the match but you will remain in the league. If you post 4-15 lines, and your opponent does not show, you will “Win by no-show”.

Voting:
    • If you do not show you can still vote and post the links in your match to receive full voting points. In addition, if you do not show, yet vote on at least 4 matches (Or, every match available, should there be less than 4 matches to vote on) you will remain in the league.
    • Votes must be hidden! To hide a vote, first thing you type in your reply is a bracket “[“, the word “hide” and end bracket “]”. The last thing you type in your reply is a bracket “[“, a backslash “/”, the word “hide” and end bracket “]”. Unhidden votes will not count towards the match or towards your vote requirements.
    • No second chance votes! Editing votes for any reason must be approved by mods and explained in reason for editing.
    • No bias votes! If you have a personal investment in wanting someone to lose, whether because that member voted against you once, or you just don’t like that person, whatever the reason, do not vote in the match. If have a personal investment in wanting someone to win, whether because they’re crew member, or because you want to face that person in the next week’s brackets, whatever the reason, do not vote in the match.
    • ”Bias” must be confirmed by a Moderator.
    • If there is a match which you will not be able to vote on, due to “Bias” of any type, state so within your match prior to Verses Due Deadline. If this reduces the number of matches available for you to vote on to the point where you are unable to vote on at least 4 matches, the point scale will be adjusted according to how many matches you do vote on.
    • 3-ways are inevitable. In order to provide a tie-breaker in a 3-way, you are now required to indicate in what order the contestants finished (1st, 2nd, 3rd).
      anyone who does not show or vote is suspended one week and must sign-in again to be inserted the following week.

Topics: http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?t=1021122
    test
  2. SacriFICE

SacriFICE TRUspeak

"The Sound"

Release the tension

The sound's around us, it allows us the free expression
    ...to release the tension.

A controlled substance that flows, under the nose
    Look around, a crooked sound's destructive explosion
    A frozen tundra and ocean of struggled emotions
    Numbing compulsion, cause what's in the oxygen sparks
    A bottomless dark apocalypse starts a fatherless mark
    To conquer the heart's disgusting but proper-growth
    Inertia's operative hopes to structure the cobblestones
    To humungous and perfect dungeons with servants that follow slow
    Plans to program hundreds of vermin to murderous hollow clones
    To plot the permanent domino collapse
    of similar purpose of that which toppled Rome.
    A catacomb of shattered souls, the after glow
    of former fathomed rows of limitless ambitious hope
    Of course it doesn't matter though... sadistic folks
    without chaperones, axe to bone connections
    corrosive methods to smash their own reflection
    a gross confession from a broken saxophonist's session...

A controlled substance exposed, in packaged bottles
    Some relax, or ask for quickness, then crack the seal
    -to tap the throttle, the mass appeal of absent limits
    Capsule feelings for passive minutes, sit back and follow
    your instinctive reactive model
    before you know it you're at the brothel gripping a Captain bottle,
    thrilling building climax with notes that flow like the prose from an action novel
    A mass ensemble of description and soul
    Listening slow, words painted in glistening gold
    Lingering vagrant in the abyss, a symphony's grace replaced
    by the frigid cold persistence with winds drifting with swift
    dissension... missed intention, turned into a brisk confession
    from broken penmanship, the weapon: the *microphonist's messages.
    Effortless conscious thought's streaming, taut breathing
    Caught bleeding on the page with rage, all evening.

A controlled substance explodes, within the tunnels
    enclosed by punishing blows to wandering souls
    by the funneling smoke.
    Suddenly known... are the secrets and solutions
    and fusions of sequences and unions confusing
    people with implications of feeble inclinations...
    Deceitful information passes the vacant cerebral
    Laugh for the sake of the instant, hatred diminished
    Now you bathe in your kinship lying naked with infants.
    Bask in the grace of the image, the major display
    is safe in the distance from those trying to take it away.
    Escaping resistance, just souls lie complacent for days.
    Paper Mache' skin layers of clay, molded and lifeless.
    Holding the vice grip, tight with the shoulder's of giants
    Supplying life with a slower environment.
    The sober and silent lie awake trying to make sense of it,
    A relentless bizarre scene, the guitar screams essences
    Filling the mind with shapes, the sign of fate's nemesis.

What would you choose?
    test
  3. Dreamcaster

Dreamcaster Welcome to My Mind

test
  4. HellRzah

HellRzah PurE EviL

^nice battle
    test
  5. Og Simmson

Og Simmson New Member

iono this battle is a tought one....
    in all honesty i personally like sacrifice...
    i also like dreamcasters...

the sacrifice
    had some unesscary lines...and some over exaggarated flow...but the idea was brillant, i like the way you portrayed it, it was simple but had the idea kinda hidden in the peice, i took me a second to realize the comparision....

dreamcaster
    youres was also simple, good idea goood plot and discription...but i just felt youres was too easy, not enough twist not enough thought provoking...i feel ina battle i like to be left thinking, after readin youres i was like ok...not bad but i just felt like i wanted more....

so basically im voting for the sacrifice....for the reason i was more into his verse and i felt like it was a more complete peice after i read it i felt fullfilled..as with dreamcaster i was left with ok decent....annd...but either way both nice drops it was close.....

VOTE- The Sacrifice
    test
  6. DeadKing

DeadKing The Perfect Method

[hide]sacrifice..

i gotta admit, i was kinda like what the fuck is this shit until i got to the end and saw "what would you choose". i then realized what was going on. i still dotn know why you would of chose a saxaphone though, i think those are pretty gay myself. lol, anyways on your piece.. the flow was near flawless for me, on point the whole way. wordplay was mos def there... but i do think certian words were used simply cause of certain syllable counts for certain lines. that seems to be a big thing here at rapmusic, syllable count. it is important, but everyone trys to find big words with 4-5 syllables to finish each line. a seasoned vet like yourself should know that in an audio, that kinda shit sounds pretty lame, lol. again, this is all miniscle shit cause in reality, your verse was damn good, and i liked it. the content may not of exactly appealed to me and what i felt like reading, but you executed well enough that i read it through.

dream..

ok, i got alot of visuals reading your verse. you told it well enough that i was able to envision most of it. some parts had me alittle confused as why you would have chainsaws and barbwire in your suv or if those were metaphors. little things like that is all i have against your verse really. flow was aight, nothing special, simple a-a, b-b format, but it flowed so whatever. the strongest point you have going for your verse is the amount of detail you put into the scene and getting the reader to see it all through your words. this was executed but i think it could of done alot better. compared to sac's verse that was well polished, yours could of flowed alot smoother and you could of described the details more vividly with a not so common words. had you of done that, you would of won. i guess sac has been at the top for the moment, and as much as i liek to see an underdog win, i cant just give you the win... good verse though

vote - sacrifice[/hide]
    test
  7. macmilimeterhyms

macmilimeterhyms Product of the 80s

sacrifice-

your multis were off the chain but I couldn't follow your flow at all, I wasn't captivated by your bars due to my personal preferences, but I did read the whole thing and did not get any enjoyment, one bar that somes up your verse

Laugh for the sake of the instant, hatred diminished
    Now you bathe in your kinship lying naked with infants.

good multies but it's out of place and forced, plus unspeakably disgusting

dreamcaster-

you had interesting imagery and kept your structure intact. one thing I didn't like is that you were speaking in past and present tense, pick one and stick to it unless you make some sort of transition which was not the case. everything was in chonolgically understandable order and you incorporated some knowledge within your bars, you win this battle with structure, flow, and imagery.

vote-dreamcaster
    test
  8. ConstantFlows

ConstantFlows New Member

[hide]DreamCaster - roflmao@your last line, that was funny
    I must say your first 6-10 lines had flawless flow then it just dropped and the rhyming became unmetered. Anyway the flow was rather entertaining to visualize however I didnt get a sense of any...agony..lol and this is mainly what this verse is supposed to be about, I liked the unconcious sequence, that was pretty dope however that did little to add to the actual agony of the person who blacked out in mid accident

Overall though you had a dope verse, pretty nice rhymes, a constant motion which was dope, but nothing really STANDOUT, you know/

Sac -- I REALLY liked this, it kind of surprised me, I saw it as the MOB thing from 'thank you for smoking' where its like 'choose whats going to kill you' you know? I had a problem with the beginning of every stanza because the flow was kind of off but within 2-4 lines it would pick up into some crazy ass scheme that i dug. HOWEVER within those 2-4 lines every stanza you brough this reptitious uhh....idea? no...uhh..element (we'll call it) that I thought did your piece alot of justice at the end. OVerall very deep message and I can relate alot to it

Dope shit

Vote - sav[/hide]
    test
  9. ConstantFlows

ConstantFlows New Member

....i meant vote -sac
    test
  10. Mr. Mynd

Mr. Mynd The British Guy

CHAMPIONSHIP: Sacrifice vs. Dreamcaster

Dreamcaster surprised me a lot in this one actually, maybe I shouldn’t of slept on him like I have done. This match-up was a lot better than I expected it to be, but I guess you’re both at the top of the chain for a reason! Haha ..

Sacrifice - There’s not really a lot more I can say than what has either already been said, or what I myself have stated in previous weeks! Your use of multies is obviously your strong point, and you play upon that fact well. You put them to great usage my man, and your word placement with them deserves a lot more credit than you’re often given here. I feel that because you’ve done it so well, and for so long, people almost aren’t as impressed with it anymore because its become the ‘norm’ for you to produce at that high standard! Haha ..
    That’s just crazy to me, and maybe its only because my own verses are so multi-laden and scheme driven that I can really appreciate the effort put in to be able to do that. It seems that often that’s overlooked in your verses, and that shouldn’t be the case! It’s so difficult to do that, and another thing I think gets often overlooked is how expansive your vocabulary is. It’s that vocabulary that keeps the readers attention, but it also takes a great grasp of word-placement to know when to use it, and more importantly when not too, to make this a great written. You do that well. Overall, this was another pretty solid performance here from you, there were times when you got maybe a little too abstract for my liking, but there was nothing too major in there. As a whole I thoroughly enjoyed the read. Great work. :^)

Dreamcaster - First off, I regret now sleeping on you as much as I have done. You certainly showed me you’re at the top of the league for a reason and not just here to make up the numbers! What worked in your favour was the storytelling verse, because sacriFICE always tends to lean toward more an actual Topical than Storytelling. Your imagery was fairly on point, and that is one of your biggest strengths here I felt. Personally, I didn’t like how the verse was broken up with the “Knocked out” and “Awakening” titles. They were unnecessary I felt. While your actual storytelling was very on point, I also felt you could of done a lot more with it here. It all ended rather abruptly, you could of done with a bit more closure to the whole verse. It ended rather “To Be Continued..”-esque in my opinion. One other thing I’d like to mention was the actual schemes you attempted. I felt this hindered your verse somewhat, as there were areas where the content came off sounding ill-worded just to fit the scheme you were using. While your descriptive quality shone through, this was also held back because of your constant switching between the past and present tenses. While these on themselves were only minor incidents, when they culminate in a verse they all seem to become that much more apparent. After reading this verse twice, you could definitely of taken this one had you of brought the verse to more of a closure at the end. This is one of the closest match-ups Sac has faced, but I feel he may edge this one out.

Very, VERY close battle fellas!

Vote - SacriFICE
    test
  11. SacriFICE

SacriFICE TRUspeak

test
  12. SD-11

SD-11 The Iron Curtain

[hide] Good battle...

Flow:Sac, u always gots tht crazy flow, i like it..

Multis: Sac, crazy multis, i guess thts what makes the flow so good..

Vocab: Tie, u both came with some desent vocab, nothing too special..

Imagery: Tie, u both had reallllly nice imagery, i love it when words paint pictures..

Overall ima go wit SAC on this 1, he juss came a bit harder and i love his flows and multis, they stick out alot,,,...close battle though.....

VOTE=SAC

ez.. [/hide]
    test
  13. SacriFICE

SacriFICE TRUspeak

Thanks for the votes people, I appreciate it alot..

Dope verse Dreamcaster... I enjoyed it.
    test
  14. DiC GeTs GuLLy

DiC GeTs GuLLy Hello

tHANKS FOR SHOWING FELLAS
    test
  15. Richard Corey

Richard Corey battle like a savage

[hide]
    SacriFICE
    I was really impressed by the lyrics of this piece. I mean, really. I can't say I understood everything about it, which is usually the case with lyric-based pieces; sometimes comprehension is sacrificed for the rhyme. But this piece was different in that, it wasn't so much the "storyline" (if there was one) it's the imagery. The images flew by machine gun fast, each one sharp and poignant. The general idea of a "controlled substance" affecting the reader in three different ways: cocaine, alcohol and gun powder (I think). The images made the piece. Sac basically told a story through pictures alone, and for whatever reason, it worked.

Dreamcaster
    Although the story was a little more lucid than Sacrifice's piece, it wasn't as lyrically sharp. The flow, at times was near perfect, at other times it kinda lagged. I do like the story. The way you described the accident from moment to moment was great, but in the end, it was just a story. It didn't have the ambition of Sac's piece. It was just a good story told in a very lyrical way. And me being me, I always go with ambition over a good story.

vote:
    Sacrifice[/hide]
    [/hide]
    test
  16. Ribonuclease

Ribonuclease New Member

Sacrifice - this was fucking dope man. All around, at first I was trying to not like how you ended lines wierdly and threw your rhyme scheme around, but after the first few lines it just became really creative to me, The rhyme scheme was awesome in every sense, you switched it around but kept it consistent in a way that was really intriguing. Wording was dope, wordplay was dope, just head to start best piece Ive seen you write and best piece ive read this week. Good shit man.

Dreamcaster - This was nice too. Really good match here fellas. I liked your flow through most of the piece, got a little bit choppy at times, but kept consistent most of the way through. Some forced multis threw me off guard a bit, but I do the same thing sometimes so its understandable. I liked the twist you threw in there, and the imagery was good, but I really didn't understand or feel the weed/torture thing you had in the mdidle. It just didn't make that much sense to me why you were mentioning torture and weed and you didn't really explain where all that came from except that was your take on what was happening before you woke up. Just kinda wierd, I liked the wording in that section and the writing in that section was realy good, it just messed with the story a bit.

I liked this battle alot, both had similar styles, Sac just used a really unique approach at this and has amazing rhyme scheme with no forceed multies which is really hard to do. Both pieces were dope, but I think Sacrifice just had a much better written story even apart from the flaw in dreamcasters story. Just a more enjoyable read this time around and like I said it was the best piece I read this week so Dreamcaster you still wrote very well.

Vote - Sacrifice
    test
  17. Ref #1

Ref #1 New Member

this battle showed both of you deserved to be here.

Sacrifice

You marvel me with how much skill you bring to the table lyrically. At the same time your flow was once again very intricate, yet I feel that to many times you sacrifice content for the sake of keeping up your scheme.

Dream

The beginning of this piece right here really blew me away. The end of this piece was very very good. The middle however didn't keep up with the rest and I this disappoints me because you could have won this match.

vote goes to Sac

He stayed consistent throughout.
    test
  18. Vigil

Vigil Im infinite consciousness

[hide]Sacrifice - Your rhyme scheme, flow and rhymes shined this week like every other week. You're one of the few writers who I've read that can rhyme crazy week in and week out. The others are nique, rikoshay, and mynd. I loved the description in the piece, it did tend to drag on a little bit more then it should have but the writing was so good that it didn't matter. The imagery was pretty top-notch too. In the end the verse came together pretty sick.

Dreamcaster - This is my first time reading you and I was really impressed. The storytelling was fluid for the most part, and the verse was really descriptive in some parts. Your flow was really good too, though it didn't hold up for the majority of the verse but still your verse wasn't hurt that much by it. Overall, just a really solid verse.

vote - sacrifice, i just enjoyed his verse more.[/hide]
    test
  19. DiC GeTs GuLLy

DiC GeTs GuLLy Hello

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.