Champ SonnyDaze (13-1) vs 2. RicoSuave (6-4)

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by Brown Jesus, Jul 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brown Jesus

Brown Jesus Menso is for Dummies

[​IMG]
    Rules:

VERSES DUE THURSDAY @ 11:59 PST
    Line Limit: Minimum 8 lines, Maximum 40 (If opponent agrees, you may go over the line limit)
    NO BITING OR RECYCLING
    Biting/Recycling is the equivalent of a no show
    Extensions must be requested in your battle thread before the Thursday evening deadline. It is the opponents choice whether to allow the extension or not. Failure to accept/deny the request prior to the first vote being cast will result in the extension being allowed.
    If granted, the extension overrides the deadline for BOTH battlers
    A No Show results in a loss and automatic sign out
    If your opponent fails to show, you must still post at least 4 lines and 3 voting links for your victory.
    A title wont change hands by no show
    COMPETITORS MAY ONLY POST THREE TIMES IN THEIR MATCH. A CHECK IN, THEIR VERSE, AND THEIR LINKS. EXCESSIVE POSTING WILL RESULT IN A LOSS OF VOTES.
    COMPETITORS MAY ONLY POST ONCE IN AN OPPONENTS BATTLE. A VOTE. ANYTHING UNNECCESARY WILL RESULT IN A LOSS OF VOTES. IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, EITHER TAKE IT TO THE LOUNGE OR PM THE PERSON.
    First battler to post is allowed to edit their verse up until the second battler posts theirs. Once the second battler posts, they are allowed to edit their verse until the first vote is casted.
    The Second battler to post cannot post more lines than the first. Doing so will result in DQ.
    Disruptive members will be banned from the league will and have their posts moved to the garbage bin thread.
    UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES CAN A NON-MOD MAKE A THREAD IN THE LEAGUE. YOU WILL BE BANNED FROM THE SITE FOR A WEEK. THIS IS YOUR WARNING!!!!!

VOTING RULES:
    VOTES ARE DUE SUNDAY NIGHT @ 8:59 PST
    You must vote on at least 5 matches(provided there are 5 matches to vote on, if no vote on whichever battles are open) and post the links in your thread. For every link not posted you will lose a vote.
    Votes MUST be at least two lines per verse, and must have a vote casted. There is no voting for ties.
    Voting is open past the deadline in the case that I’m late starting the new week.
    Voting is open to current participants, RBL mods, and former champs. Former champs must vote on at least three matches to have their vote counted, and must adhere to the same voting rules.

Any changes must be agreed upon by both participants and a forum mod.

Any suggestions or questions feel free to ask me
    test
  2. SonnyDaze

SonnyDaze 7 train heavyweight

LOL, I hope that was a typo Brown.

test
  3. RicoSuave

RicoSuave New Member

let's get it
    test
  4. SonnyDaze

It took one match to fire marshal, I’ll remain chief for my lifespan
    Write spam, cuz one stroke of the right hand was all I needed to strike Gram.
    No one’s sleeping on you when we’re already perched on your night stand
    Aight fam? I only picked you for the 2 on 2 cuz I was short of a hypeman.
    Week after week getting raped, you aint the hottest with the flow
    How was I supposed to know I’m playing dad- you’re swinging back worse than Robinson Cano
    Pay homage before its lights out like the Amish, I aint the friendly type
    I’m taking out the garbage, while knocking you and your crew unconscious- that’s how I’ll get ya Mennonite (men at night)
    Your record got that six-fo’… Impala… you’re posted in the whip
    Nah… Your record’s like a 6’4’’… balla… in the post… getting whipped.
    Check the news, I’m big spending like I’m PSG
    Reverse that, I’m wig splitting like I’m GSP
    P.S., I got ESP (N)in this sport, we knew you couldn’t see S.D.
    P.S.S. this ain’t a game, so no need for a PS3.
    You’re OD’ing on mediocrity, this match was a planned intervention
    I’m gonna save you the shame and go ahead and grant the extension
    test
  5. RicoSuave

RicoSuave New Member

3 battles and you won them all by a slim margin, now prepare for sonny to choke like Lebron in the 4th
    Hope you came with the “Vest” cuz the guns will make you flip backwards and send your “Face North”
    They'll say they found your body at the bottom of the ocean chillin wit Nemo in the Anemone
    Compare my record to an impala, because my battles bring back Classic Memories
    Im more like Cassius Clay taking the world championship from Sonny in 64
    Your more like 2 girls and 1 cup, playing with shit, on a pissy floor
    I Shoot Automatic Pistols and Pump Shotguns, you shoot “Angry Birds” and go Pig Hunting
    I shoot angry birds too, Desert eagles TBH so if you want to “Word Fued” them ima “Draw Something”
    Since you a wanabe “Eminem” ill have “5 9's” to your head and turn ur home into a “Slaughterhouse”
    Youll think its “haile”ing when them shells hit the floor and bullets rip through your daughters blouse
    I aint the Virgina Tech guy, but I will aim my Teck High, and turn Cincinnati into Bed-Stuy
    With a Total Lack of Consideration for your life when I got that Red Beam aimed at your “Left Eye”
    Your mom begged me to go to Ohio, so I can give her that Boston Cream Pie
    So I went to go see her and when that big bitch climaxed, they felt the aftershock in Shanghai
    We all know that Brown Jesus IM'd you and said you would get his vote in advance
    But after this battle, people will be calling me Footlocker, the way I own Champs
    test
  6. Muti

Muti I just write

My vote Sonny....

To be honest I didn't think either verses was anything worth beign in a championship match...

Your record got that six-fo’… Impala… you’re posted in the whip
    Nah… Your record’s like a 6’4’’… balla… in the post… getting whipped.

vs

We all know that Brown Jesus IM'd you and said you would get his vote in advance
    But after this battle, people will be calling me Footlocker, the way I own Champs

I thought Sonny had some better wordplay...but I dunno...just lack luster to me..

guess text battling isnt what it use to be
    test
  7. Blue Tongue

Blue Tongue Say awhhhh

Rico:

So I went to go see her and when that big bitch climaxed, they felt the aftershock in Shanghai
    i had LOL's here!

This was your nicest punch. it was on point with your opponent, and seemd more intentionally direction toward him. Unlike anything else in your 16...which is what your Voters really want to see! and it was a good punch! shit id drop it... if i thought of it. Props!!

Sonny:

Its not a heavy hitter, but i like this!

P.S., I got ESP (N)in this sport, we knew you couldn’t see S.D.
    P.S.S. this ain’t a game, so no need for a PS3.
    This aint a game like ps3 .... I thought this is a Champ match.. smh

No Disrespect to either party here, and i hope you can take constructive critisim.. i know most Lyricists CANT!!! but this battle didnt deserve to have CHAMP Match beside it. i can see you both put in some effort, but whatever gas tank of motivation your on... its running closer to E. which in my opinion is a good thing, cause yall need to refill with some premium Gasoline and come back with something other type of fire! Maybe change the oil and the windshield washer fluid so you can see what the fuck your dropping next time! The Shit talker in me is just gonna say that either way it wont matter... cause im the fucking fire extinguisher, and the angry guy whos holding a sledge hammer Fucking up your ride because your in my lane right now and yall need to beat it! But this Game is all about talking shit. so Cheers to that!
    and im looking forward to voting on your next battles!
    But theres no possible way this im giving this to Sonny..

Vote: RicoSuave..

GL Next week to you both.
    test
  8. the marshall

the marshall New Member

Week after week getting raped, you aint the hottest with the flow
    How was I supposed to know I’m playing dad- you’re swinging back worse than Robinson Cano

vs

but

They'll say they found your body at the bottom of the ocean chillin wit Nemo in the Anemone
    Compare my record to an impala, because my battles bring back Classic Memories

^^^DQ for feeding much ?

I have Sonny taking this with the only two bars I felt were decent. Rico had nothing but gun play & lacked out on creativity...and he fed off Sonnys verse.
    test
  9. Resilient.

Resilient. .. . ..

Sonny - I was feeling the bars with GSP PSG SD (etc) Very catchy, sounded nice off the tongue, flowed well. I was also feelin' the basketball line. Good shit. You have a good concept of flow, very smooth. Punches were decent. Closer was cool, but did he need the extension? I felt that was a filler line.. Could've attacked the name Rico more, though. Decent verse 6/10

Rico - This was a hard verse to ready to be honest.. Your opener, I see what you were going for but you need help on wordplay for real. The rest of your verse was the same story. Wording needs work - Also, your bars are stretched like a motherfucker. Tone them down a bit to get a good flow going. Your concepts are there, but without the wording it's hard to give you the props. 3/10

Over - Sonny wins this for structure, wording, and readability.

Vote on my match-up, please.
    test
  10. l Origin l

l Origin l Member

Sonny 32. Rico 38.
    My vote is for Ricosuave.
    test
  11. MisterE

MisterE Look @ His Face Now!

Sonny - Nice verse. First bars were rude and dope. I liked the abbreviation part a lot. Few references i didn't get. Robinson, Mennonite. I think the second one is a night owl/street dweller. Overall dope verse.

Rico - I've always had gripes with text that has no respect for flow. There wasn't a single point in your verse that really had any rhythm. Good lines though. Some good wordplay, champs line was cool.

Overall its really hard to vote. I hate long stretched lines. But Sonny didn't have Rico's wordplay. It's close as hell, but I give it to Sonny for fluidity and smoothness.

Vote - Sonny
    test
  12. SonnyDaze

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.