Champ Bailey Facts

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by Yo Mamas Pimp, Sep 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

it hasnt?

tell me how expanding the leauge with 4 extra teams doesnt dilute the talent...
    test
  2. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

Pretending that were true, there would be PLENTY of factors that'd cancel that out easily.
    test
  3. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

pretending it were true?

browns, texans, panthers, jaguars

now what
    test
  4. Hardkore

Hardkore Blunts@TheBeach

damn...that was hard!
    test
  5. Savior Celph

Savior Celph New Member

lol @ the expansion argument.

the hell?
    test
  6. Gorilla Nasty

Science keeps advancing. Better equipment to train with. Better nutrition and supplementation. Better medical care (Frank Gore, Daunte Culpepper, Donovan Mcnabb ring a bell?). Better equipment. Better exposure in college. Better exposure in high school and middle school nowadays. Better understanding of things is basically what it boils down to.

[pus] If you could tell me how on Earth anything athletic can go backwards with all of that in it's favor I'll send you 1,000,000 paypal.

The talent pool in the NFL is as good as it's ever been and getting even better.
    test
  7. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

ok lets assume (even though its wrong) Wr's are getting better so are Cb's

so relatively they play on equal grounds

deion still dominated his Wr's more then champ baily

and EXPLAIN HOW FOUR MORE ROSTERS DOES NOT DILUTE THE TALENT POOL?
    test
  8. Cane

Cane New Member

dude that read like a double ml reply

fucking kill yourself or something, you've shamed your bloodline. your distant relatives are going to white-out you out of the family tree for this one.

you basically just avoided and and all logical points and just puked up what you said before. applause for you, rich, you dumb fuck.

oh, and 4 more rosters means, the nfl's just adapted to having 4 more teams. this in no way, lmao, ties into receivers being somehow worse. receivers are still on the whole, better specimens than they were.
    test
  9. double ML

double ML Guest

^^double's replies are overflowin' with hyper-intelligent comments supported by facts.

and your sig is still a lie.

coward.
    test
  10. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

actually it means that about 20 Wr's wouldnt even be playing in the Nfl

and the receivers are worse simply by the stats

better athletes... i dunno

but as Wr's there production has declined since deion was a Cb

and the production has declined even with all the new rules favoring passing offence
    test
  11. Gorilla Nasty

OK, Maybe it does. But it's canceled out by things like athletes becoming bigger, stronger and faster. Technology has advanced some bit since Deion's heyday. Exposure is much easier to come by. Children are now being recruited. Football is stealing all of the athletes that would have normally played other sports, baseball in particular. Techniques have been refined since then. You can say CB's are getting better, but not at the rate of offensive players. Points put butts in seats, coaches, players and owners know that. So 8-10 times, the best athletes are going to the offensive side of the ball. Players are getting better younger. They're also coming from other countries due to communication and transportation being so much better.

So while 4 teams will dilute the talent pool, it's canceled out in spades by a myriad of other factors in favor of the talent.
    test
  12. Cane

Cane New Member

you know they wouldn't be top tier receivers, right? or even second string? those extra 20 would most likely equate to being guys taken late or undrafted receivers. 20 really just doesn't matter. receivers are still bigger and stronger thanks to sports evolution.

and gorilla and i did an excellent job of explaining why this didn't matter. you avoided those replies like the plague. all you can do is keep spitting up the same thing. "stats are down!". when we tell you why, you go back to..."well.....STATS ARE DOWN!"
    test
  13. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

There's a flaw with 4 teams causing the talent pool to thin....

because back in Deion's college days, you didn't have scouts at places like UT Chattanooga scoping Terrell Owens, and people like Jacoby Jones would have never been drafted.... the TV coverage alone allows players that would normally go unnoticed a chance to be drafted.

and 4 teams is only....what.... 28 players more drafted per season?.... And most beyond the 3rd round are just for depth anyway...so....

how exactly is 12 players per year being added to the league affecting the depth of talent?

And not only that, but it is true that most 3rd stringers today could be Pro-Bowlers consistently had they played even 12 years ago.
    test
  14. Gorilla Nasty

^^^^^ Thank you. finally we agree on something.

Most 3rd stringers could be Pro-Bowlers right now if they were:

given a chance

weren't injured

jumped on the opportunity.

The talent is there. No question, if you've ever put on an NFL uniform, you can play some ball. Nobody gets there by accident.

What about Amobi Okoye playing at the ripe old age of 19 too.
    test
  15. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

bigger, stronger, but not better
    test
  16. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

True. Randy Starks was the same way. Not as good, but still solid as a boy basically.
    test
  17. Cane

Cane New Member

according to you and your reasoning? forgive me if i don't take your logic seriously
    test
  18. double ML

double ML Guest

cane fears rich.
    test
  19. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

no

according to statistics
    test
  20. Cane

Cane New Member

aaaand when we shot that argument down, you ignored it. and just kept repeating it.

care to avoid it again?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.