Chael Sonnen calls the LHW division a joke

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by $1OOOOOO, Jun 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Money Mac Sabb

Money Mac Sabb Horse Meat FTW

haha, actually haven't seen that.

Fucking excellent.
    test
  2. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

LOL @ That quote

don't think black house or team nog had good wrestlers then. hendo is weak as fuck off his back tho, just like any other wrestler. silva showed in that fight he was weak as shit off his back, so if sonnen gets him to the ground, its a wrap.

and even tho hendo is an olympic wrestler, sonnen is younger and more athletic, so he's a lil better. hendo is too old now
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  3. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

hendo is years out of strict wrestling training.. chael is definitely above him in that area now.

just like when they talked bout vera havin greco roman background.. but i knew jon jones was only about 2 years or so removed from hard training for JUST wrestling, so there was no way vera was even close to jon in that aspect.. same with hamill, thats why he got tossed an dislocated his shoulder, whos ever put hamill down that hard?

the younger wrestlers coming in, are going to outshine the older ones just off the fact its more fresh in their mind
    test
  4. Money Mac Sabb

I agree with that to an extent. Hendo himself has said that his superior wrestling credentials doesn't mean he's going to be outwrestling everyone, and this was before the Shields fight. I also think Greco Roman is an overrated mma base, but that's a different topic...
    test
  5. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

most greco roman wrestlers aren't JUST greco roman though.. jons fought wrestling at different levels but he prides in his greco, and overrated or not its proven to help him so far in every fight... although some of his biggest tosses seem more judo based im sure the greco background made it easy to pick up
    test
  6. Money Mac Sabb

yeah, you're right. Schools generally teach you folkstyle, and then freestyle right off the bat. Not saying greco roman is bad or anything, it's just that the general concensus is that it's the best wrestling base to have for MMA, and I disagree. Greco Roman guys usually have to learn a lot of tools to go along with their base, while the guys who embrace freestyle wrestling are the only guys in mma that can still slide by being one dimensional.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.