Chael is a Light-Heavyweight?

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by LungZzZ, Aug 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

dude you clearly dislike him as a person

every fighter does that

beats other fighters at skills they're not as good at

silva clowns everyone because he's a superior striker

jds and cruz outbox everyone
    test
  2. Makabreli

Makabreli done

man

i can't even respond to that

wow
    test
  3. LungZzZ

LungZzZ Well-Known Member

More of a possibility than Diaz vs GSP at this point, and that statement I can't agree with as I watched him fight into fighters strengths even HIS FIRST FIGHT after serra, lmao
    test
  4. LungZzZ

I feel like you guys are all 7 years old, YES I SAID SOMETHING A LITTLE OUT THERE, for example, 3 cop cars show up to your house, one may say "WOW THE WHOLE POLICE DEPARTMENT IS OUTSIDE MY HOUSE"; least I know you guys care about what I say this much though, that at-least makes me smile :)

Yes I said something a bit crazy, but I still believe it. He is not a great mixed martial artist, not a good one, he is decent...
    test
  5. LungZzZ

Sorry you guys keep comparing legit fighters who don't take performance enhancing drugs. Take the needles out of your arms and give us natural folks the credit we deserve.
    test
  6. FarooqHakim

FarooqHakim Dot Dorbal

Serious question Lungz, have you ever seen Bob Sapp fight?

Another question. Since when is grappling Nate Marquardt's or Yushin Okami's weaknesses? Are you insane? Since when is boxing Anderson Silva's weakness? Did you not see the first fight they had?

Do you watch Nick Diaz throw 600 punches and think "Wow, what great cardio" while Chael throws 600 punches and you think "Wow, no power in those fists. What a pussy"? That would not surprise me.

You can't possibly think that Silva just up and gets full mounted in fight like all of the time or something, like that's just something that your average half-way decent fighter is able to do to him. And actually rocking Silva with a punch? No but obviously Sonnen has no stand up, right?

No, friend, that's more than a "little bit out there" opinion. That's just all kinds of inaccurate tbh.

If Chael Sonnen is the worst fighter you've ever seen, or even just "not that good" or whatever you were actually trying to say, what does that make Anderson Silva for losing so many rounds to him? I don't care if I win a fight, if I actually lose rounds, multiple of them, to someone who "sucks", I think I'd find something I'm better at.
    test
  7. FarooqHakim

FarooqHakim Dot Dorbal

So Chael takes some testosterone replacement, GSP and Silva have been caught greasing themselves up, BJ Penn allegedly pokes eyes, half of the UFC seems to be doing the same testosterone replacement that Chael is, and the other half has perfected the art of holding on to the fence while the ref isn't watching their hand.

Who exactly do you think doesn't cheat? Because I think you are confused.
    test
  8. DogMeat

DogMeat New Member

lol koschek sucks though
    test
  9. LungZzZ

Hughes. You could argue with your point Koshchecks strong point is his wrestling, so GSP standing was taking him to his weakness.

But everyone sucks in this case. Josh>Chael to me.
    test
  10. LungZzZ

After reading this sentence you got me. I'll come back to comment on the rest. I died after this though.
    test
  11. FarooqHakim

FarooqHakim Dot Dorbal

rofl, koscheck doesn't suck either, I feel like I'm on sherdog or something
    test
  12. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

give it some time

kos is on his way downhill

he's become painfully one dimensional

a big right hand and great wrestling is all he is now
    test
  13. N A S T Y

N A S T Y Well-Known Member

test
  14. LungZzZ

Sorry guys I view someone doing Steroids differently than yall.
    That is 3/4 of the reason he could do anything.
    The second fight didn't go nearly as long,
    Chael wasn't nearly as strong.

Look Chael, who trained the basics in wrestling relentlessly (all power to you for practicing that gay shit relentlessly) does have those "great" skills but in the end of the day he doesn't look anywhere as skilled to me, as he does to all of you (in the other facets of mma). Yeah, Brian Stann he looked like a wizard...Everyone has that sick fight...Rashad got that head kick, he never threw another one after though (okay he did but u get it), I don't care what everyone else is doing at this point, make a thread about them.

Yeah if you take steroids I don't like you, straight up
    test
  15. LungZzZ

Were talking about Chael here. The Ref is there to stop MANY of the things you mentioned, he can't stop Steroids.

YES, others use Steroids, YES, you will see me give them a hard time too, lol.
    test
  16. DogMeat

DogMeat New Member

True that Hughes (that fought george)> Koshcheck. i really dont give a shit about chael and didnt mention him once in this thread as i think even if he beats griffin he will probably hit a brickwall soon after, the only thing that i was saying was that gsp did the samething against "elite strikers" like dan hardy matt serra2 and bj penn both times.

As far as cheating goes when a fighter tests positive for steroids yeah i lose the mystic i had about the fighter and kind of stop looking at him as a role model type and pretty much stop watching all there previous fights because its just awkward knowing that they needed a helper. eg Alistair, even though it was kind of obvious (yeah i was probably stupid for actually thinking that it was possible to get that big naturally) i still gave the guy the benefit of the doubt before he failed a test. With that said i feel the same about breaking more simpler rules such as having your cornerman rub vasiline all over your back during a fight where all you were doing was staying in your opponents guard raining elbows down on their head knowing that their submissions would have no effect and would pose no threat (thats the confidence boost i think most people missed). i dont care if you didnt know that your cornerman was doing that (rubbing vasiline all over your back, neck and shoulders) for the first two or three rounds and that once you were caught they got rid of it, or even that there was no disiplinary action taken. In my eyes an unfair advantage is an unfair advantage whether its steroids or just breaking other rules to gain the undeserved confidence. So yeah im with you in that i hate cheaters and think that they are the guys that are completely ruining the art of fighting and mental confidence. But im not gonna say that someone didnt cheat just because i saw it with my own eyes watching it and there was no disiplinary action taken against him by either the company or nasc, because in my eyes it ruined a potentially sick rematch and a 155 champion that was never the same mentally after the unfair beatdown he got.
    test
  17. LungZzZ

You should of been in BJ's corner the day of the case, that sounded better than what his lawyers said :p.

Either way Georges is a legend, without going into to much detail, like I said in another thread, the SHIT HAPPENS STUFF, that can be avoided, I have to be able to look over, or as Farooq said, everyone is a cheat.

The Ref has a job too, so your getting on the wrong persons case. GSP also didn't have anywhere near as much grease on him as mentioned, you make it seem like he went to Mt.Vaseline and slid from top to bottom. This isn't a drug you put into your body that makes you better though. It does mimic being drenched in sweat I guess, either way BJs striking and not being able to be taken down was his keys to victory in the first fight and he looked like shit in the second. (he lost both as well)

IT SUCKS, because if GSP didn't have a retard in his corner, the world would of seen that GSP just evolved passed BJ. He was bigger and BJ was crazy for wanting the fight in the first place, Hughes was one thing, but GSP was the Jon Jones version of Hughes, he got what he deserved.

edit: (not to mention even Hughes did the same thing to BJ the second time, which was around the time GSP vs BJ happened, it must have been within a year or 2)
    test
  18. FarooqHakim

FarooqHakim Dot Dorbal

Everyone does probably cheat. These top level fighters have been caught sending spies to camps, greasing, juicing, poking eyes, kicking groins, holding fences, pulling shorts, kneeing downed opponents, etc. etc. etc. and the guys that don't probably usually don't make it to the top because they let their sense of honor get in the way of beating someone who has none. Champion level fighters and athletes in general take calculated risks, because taking calculated risks always beats playing it safe.

Seriously, when I hear people bitch about so and so cheating in any way, I think "you are a fan, you don't know what's actually going on, and if you ask any fighter, everyone is a cheater except them". My thing is I just go with what I know. If the athletic commission does something about something, then I assume whoever gets in trouble probably just didn't hide their tracks well enough. I never assume someone is shooting up some kind of crazy steroids that a doctor didn't give them if it is plausible (think about what plausible means for a second) that they have some kind of endurance running related or genetics related case of hypogonadism. I never assume anyone isn't cheating either, because these guys are professional athletes whose paychecks depend on winning. They aren't fucking Goku or Batman or Sun Tzu or whoever they play on television and if they were they probably would have their training camps logo all over their shorts and not some kind of goofy advertisement for something else.

But back to my other point. Lungz, you make pretty good points most of the time, but if you even have Chael in your bottom ten, then you are insane or incredibly biased. You can't think that Nate Marquart, Yushin Okami, Brian Stann, Michael Bisping, Paulo Fihlo, and Mayhem Miller are all complete bums. You can't possibly think that Anderson Silva is capable of losing rounds to a bum. That IS insane. Even if you think he does more steroids than the average athlete which I sincerely doubt we could ever have any way of knowing, that is crazy to think that he just sucks.
    test
  19. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

there are different levels of "cheating" as people call it. there are things like grabbing the shorts or greasing which can be compared to holding in football or basketball. things that dont completely decide the fight. then there are things like putting a drug into your body with a needle that makes your career imo. without it, these athletes are nothing
    test
  20. FarooqHakim

FarooqHakim Dot Dorbal

Did you not read my entire post? Because I think you should. How do you know their career would be nothing? How do you know it came from a needle and not some silly topical medicine you get from the doctor for having low testosterone as many men do? How do you know that they didn't just wind up taking more than the recommended dosage because they weren't sure how much they were putting on themselves?

I'm not making any excuses for those guys either. Nick Diaz is probably a dumbass for smoking pot before a professional fight as a professional athlete assuming that the test results were actually accurate, even if I think personally it shouldn't be an issue. When you are a professional, you should always do your absolute best to make sure things like that don't get out of control. But let's not all pretend to be doctors, and let's not pretend that the silly articles that we read on sherdog or whatever are written by people who would NEVER spread misinformation or exaggerate for some extra attention, and always make sure to diligently research the topics on which they write about. When that shit happened, many MMA media sites were saying Chael got "caught" doing steroids. What the fuck does that even mean? Did someone awkwardly walk in on him, or did his t/e ratio read higher than average? And how do we know the commission didn't just screw up? Haven't they screwed many things up already? Even if they didn't screw up which may very well be the case, it doesn't mean that he didn't receive care from a doctor who was unclear about the amount of medicine he should be taking.

Be skeptical my friend.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.