Cep 3

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by doctah, Mar 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

16 sends per channel is just sick

only thing i don't particularly like is the inability to route effects to themselves...no crazy feedback tricks for me :(
    test
  2. Yung Dibbz

Yung Dibbz New Member

I didn't notice it doesn't support vsti, interesting....
    test
  3. doctah

doctah I know how to do that...

ok...I usually let threads die ...but there are a few things that have caught my eye as being kinda important (changed from previous version) as far as standard operation goes:

1. Punch in system is different. As a matter of fact - you can highlight a section - select punch in - right click the record button and select "loop while recording" - then select a big chunk of space (to give yourself time to get in the groove). It will loop over and over - and record several versions of the punch in. Then you go pick the one you want (they are all locked in time - just right click and "bring to front" the one you want). There is not option to "merge take" like the old version...and this is a problem because....

2. If you record in multitrack view - shit is automatically saved. EVERYTHING is saved. Not a temp file...a real file. So if you're like me - and you're just fucking around playing with it - you'll have like 4.3 billion little wave files sitting in some folder :) At least this forces you to setup a session halfway decent. Name your tracks (ie Vocals, Beat, Drums, etc...) and it will save the files with the your track name as a prefix. Still wish I could figure out how to turn it off.

...again - I know several of you are using other progs - but I know there are a few closet cep users out there.
    test
  4. CompassSaviour

CompassSaviour Got no brain, goin insane

Can you fake it by routing Bus A to Bus B, and then back to Bus A? I'll check tonight, but I guess that's a way around it.
    test
  5. Syntax_Mastery

Syntax_Mastery Emcee/Producer/Engineer

*sticks to Nuendo 3*

i just used cool edit to cut samples anyway... dont really need a upgrade if what i use it for is not broke...
    test
  6. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

not that i've seen anyways...but i might as well try it :):
    test
  7. Fame-S

Fame-S New Member

would u have to set up patchmix a diff way with audition 2?
    test
  8. doctah

doctah I know how to do that...

Depends if you actually want to take advantage of ASIO. You can be content using 2 just like 15; ignore the fact that you have 31 virtual outputs to do "stuff" with; monitor via Patchmix and not CEP; use the WDM driver, etc...if it works - don't fix it.

I for one can never get the emu effects to work right as VST. But I can set up a bus - assign the output to a different ASIO channel - manually add the fx in patchmix (read: no latency and little if any CPU hit) - and then mix it back into audition however I please. (I know all of you folks are using those patchmix fx...lol) "Yeah...that's the gangsta patchmix delay"

...more importantly - the same idea could be used with an outboard effect (read: a real compressor). You'd set up a send/return in patchmix (I haven't done it but understand the priciple). Get some sort of ADAT i/o and let all hell break loose.

...but if you do that - you can't mixdown like normal. You have to do some oddball shit like create another "mix down" track and another send on your main ASIO output - and record your mixdown in real time (to my suprise - not bit perfect)
    test
  9. Fame-S

Fame-S New Member

i'm not really quite sure what ur talking about, so i guess i'll jus keep it how it was for now. haha.
    test
  10. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

^use that cubase that comes with ur 121t2m fucka cool edi
    test
  11. Writeous

Writeous Loose Leaf Bruce Lee

I guess I'm the only one that can't get this shit to work. Every time I try to run it, it shuts down. I dont even know what it looks like yet[game]...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.