Cep 3

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by doctah, Mar 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctah

doctah I know how to do that...

So have any of you had a chance to play with the new Audition? Supports ASIO now...and all kinds a of new shit. Check the link: http://www.adobe.com/products/audition/vector/aud2ttnewfeatrs.swf

This seems like a Win95 > WinXP kinda upgrade...and I HATED winxp when it first came out. Hmm...

(..and I know...so many of you l33t asses are playing with cubase and nuendo and pt and sonar and logic and blah blah blah...)
    test
  2. Destination

Destination Mr. Be Easy

Looks dope. i'll fuck with it.
    test
  3. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

im still not impressed
    test
  4. -Marxist-

-Marxist- wtf r u thinking

^^Wrd...

I'll Stick 2 "Playing" Wit Cubase...
    test
  5. Fame-S

Fame-S New Member

what is it about cep/audition that makes it inferior to other programs like pt, cubase, etc?

i would assume theres nothin about the programs itself that would give a better initial recording as opposed to cep, and with the right plug-ins wouldnt cep b just as good as the others?
    test
  6. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

i just dont like it. Ive never liked it. Cool Edit and Fruity Loops are just 2 things that I wont tolerate lol. U can get the job done in it if u want to but theres a lot easier programs on the market.
    test
  7. Riott

Riott Electronic Media

i've messed with CEP 2, Adobe 1.5, and now Adobe 2.0, so really, i like its easy as shit. i like the new layout and everything, and the ASIO support is nice too. but i still think im gonna mess with Sonar 5 until i can grab Pro Tools with a DIGI rack.

and truthfully, i have no clue how it stacks up with Cubase, etc. But it's really easy to use in my opinion. And with some Waves plug-ins and all that, i got nice results on messin with it for one of my friends tracks.
    test
  8. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

Adobe Audition 2 is nice....really easy bussing, love the way inserts work now, and the entire layout has improved considerably

AA2 is now my 2nd choice for DAW software....It's only topped by Pro Tools, and that's just because Pro Tools is what I use on a daily basis
    test
  9. styll_amz

styll_amz New Member

xabiton, what do you use then?
    test
  10. doctah

LoL...while I'm not to experienced in Cubase...I see similarities in CEP3 (cuz that's what it should be called damit!) and cubase....

...and now you like it. Cubase - decent midi - decent sequencer + a damn good wave editor =aa2
    test
  11. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

I dont rap but when I bring people in to record ill typically use Sonar, Acid, or Cubase. I started off using Acid then went to Cubase and now I use Sonar more and more but Im learning Pro Tools. Ive also recorded with Ableton Live, SAW, and Cool Edit I just dont like Cool Edit beyond its editor, I dont like recording in Live but its nice for making beats, and I don't like SAW anymore than Cool Edit.
    test
  12. Stash

Stash R.I.P Point Game

AA 2.0 is an amazing step.. i love everything about it they upped it drastically.. i sent it 2 arcane earlier and he loved it as much as i did, alot of new shit... 9/10..its a mini protools
    test
  13. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

its pro tools 7 with easier bussing, minus all the good things about pro tools 7 lol
    test
  14. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

lol @ mentioning Cool Edit and Pro Tools in the same sentence.
    test
  15. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

have you SEEN AA2? they're basically making it as close to pro tools as possible

shit, it now supports midi, vsti's, video and has a really solid buss/send system...
    test
  16. CompassSaviour

CompassSaviour Got no brain, goin insane

The sends and busses give me wwood.... no homo.
    test
  17. Destination

Destination Mr. Be Easy

Te shit wont run for me for some reason. Everytime I try, it says "to continue you where you started from, restart Audition". Oh well, fuck it.
    test
  18. Yung Dibbz

Yung Dibbz New Member

^^^piracy protection devices?

anyway, that shit is raw, i used it and found it way more useful for recording than cubase....I like cubase for making beats more tho...
    test
  19. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

i wouldnt doubt that they are trying to do that i just think its funny to think of the 2 together when for years people have always talked shit about it being ammature its ironic more than funny Im still not impressed with CEP tho Im stickin to Sonar Home Studio (another PT rip off)
    test
  20. doctah

I don't know how much better the support for video is - but you could do some basic video in CEP2. I'm not a video guy though...

...and I'm also not a very demanding MIDI user - but I'm not feeling the implementation (or lack of). I think even CEP 1.2 could import a midi file and send it to midi out (to play a hardware module or w/e).

I don't think it supports VSTi. If it does - I'm being a noob.

Being able to give a bus it's own track is sweet - that whole "parallel and serial" shit was retaded. Being able to assign a bus to a different physical output (read: hardware effects) is sweet. Being able to automate is sweet (if I can get my f$%^ing midi controller to work with it). The docking system is straight (dual monitors - got shit placed perfectly). AND it still has the CEP feel to it (you love it or you hate it).

...all that said - adding ASIO put CEP3 where they should have been years ago. If they'd only let me use VSTi's, give it better midi support - and give me some damn grid lines in the multitrack view - they'd really start making some noise.

...but it's nice to see CEP getting love around here for once.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.