"CD HUSTLE 101" my indepth thoughts, tips & strategies on being successful!!!

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by ? THA RIDD ?, Jun 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ? THA RIDD ?

? THA RIDD ? New Member

YOU GOT A PRODUCT YOUR PUSHING??? ARE YOU SERIOUS WITH YA SHIT???

READ THIS!! *****WARNING***** LOOOOONG READ!!!

ok well this is pretty much my reply to hitman j's thread.....but i figured i would make another thread....because there is alot of things that may help people....and it was alot of typing so i didnt want it to get over looked....

aight.....as some may know...we just released our compilation...and all these things have been a great help in our success of moving units.....so i figured i would share a few tips that may or may not help some, but if anyone can pick something up then great i did my job....

SOME OBVIOUS TACTICS:

ok we all know promo's and flyers is a great way to promote....but honestly that is to much time and not enough value out of it for THE ARTIST themself....so what you need to do is build a small street team....even if its a small amount of people, make sure they are willing to go hard for you....set them up with a stack a flyers, give em some promo cd's aswell as the unit your trying to sell and trust me...they will all do their best at moving it because they want to be the "teachers pet" so to speak....and shit, i mean YOU are their meal ticket, so they gonna do the best to help u blow....try and get the street team to do most of the footwork... streets, swap shops, flea markets, corner stores, clubs where ever...just tell em anytime they leave they house make sure they bring something with em....promotion is a 24/7 job....and WILL wear you the fuck out....so try and get as many people on your side as possible just takes some of the work load off of you and your team.....

SOME NICE TIPS: (mostly for people located in bigger traffic areas)

-the bootleggers, at this point in the game they can be your best friend....hook up and work out a deal with them, they ALREADY move units wether it be bootlegs or albums, mixtapes whateva they movin....so give them a stack of your cd's cheap...you wont make as much on return because they tryna make a cut aswell...BUT they will move 20 packs like nothing...so you still making cheese back and getting ya shit out heavy....

- Local Artists, hook up with em'....if you see em doing they thing and out there grindin...if they tryna move a product....square off with them....on an eye for an eye basis...meaning you take about 25 of their cds they take 25 of yours....and use em how you feel needed...wether its selling em with your cd or even giving it away free with the purchase of your product....BOTH artists cant lose...its promotion aswell as movement and name spread....

- Consignment - hit up any of ya peeps that may know of an actual business you can stock ya shit in, even if you dont know of any places, bum rush the stores like your about to buy the fuckin place...make sure you make it apoint to show em your the real fuckin deal..dont be timid, make them think you are doing them a favor by stocking ya cd....i have not updated my site just yetwith all locations...but we have about a dozen stores selling out product threwout South Florida...and growing....keep in mind, they wont sell themselfs...so its your job with flyers and so forth to promote the locations....

- Promos, ok well lets be real it aint always easy moving units...so promos are a must...i have 3 levels i work by....
    First level is selling your retail project at full price, some people dont want to pay that much...so you move to level 2....which will be your project HALF PRICE...but they only get a CD-r burned copy....if they STILL have a problem and are on some egggh i aint really got the money....then you move onto level 3....a FREE promo...tell them look i dont want you to lose out, just cause you aint got loot on you, so take this if you change your mind get at us....basically have a buntcha of free promos burned with maybe like 3-5 songs off of your product....then have your contacts: name,website,phone number whateva on the promo and they may end up liking it and purchase the full length release...if not...well you still spreadin the name and you just charge the 15 cent Cd-R to the game....remember it takes money to make money ya digg....if you cant put it out, how can you expect it to come in????

- The Web, dont over look the web...get you a personal website you use as the foundation, or open a myspace and get to work....trust me...myspace is a beast for moving units....cats be asking me, damn shun i notice you got a lot a little girlys on ya myspace...why?? im like fucko, cause they BUY RECORDS!! 15-20 is the peak age for a female that will come out the pocket...and also..."busted bitchs" YES YES!!! they do buy records aswell, shit they start buggin out if you actually even talk with them or send them a message...so keep that in mind when you reject that busted skeezy cause she aint a dime...that nickel will buy ya record??? and put banners all over her page and run bulletins and all that shit....so its a no lose situation.....if you gonna try and fuck with this shit...and want fans...you need to remember not every one of em is gonna look like vida..smell me??? Also do as much cross promoting with other artists from other states or locations...as you can....that purpose is pretty much self explained, so get ya web game correct cause as much as cats hate on it...the net is a must...PERIOD!!

- Doing Shows, well i mean this one is nice and sweet to type....SHOWS!! i mean need i say more??..do every and any one you can get the chance to do...because, well it is prolly one of the most potent ways of helping with promotion....and make sure to always try and bring some free shit with you to throw out, shirts, cd's, flyers....and if possible get the footage of it aswell so you can learn what you need to work on to make your set the best it can be....
    test
  2. ? THA RIDD ?

? THA RIDD ? New Member

RIDD'z EXCLUSIVE CLOSING TIP::

ok well the game gets boring at times, because you grow to promotion being an every day thing...and any time you do something everyday it loses its spark so you need to "invent" new strategies that can be promotion aswell as entertaining to you....

Fast Food Runs: ok well some myte think its dumb, but let me tell you shit is serious....take my word!!! get some stickers done up with contacts or website...and say around 6-8 p.m. you make a fast food run, get as many people as you can and just run wild...kinda like a speed game see who can hit what the quickest...NOW why i say 6-8 p.m. is because around that time you are normally getting the last shift change of employess....now this only will last till the following morning some times a few days....what you do is...hit ALL the late nighters, mcdonalds, wendys, taco bell, really any all night places...and place ya promo sticker over the "Drive threw" speaker...yea i know your laughing now...but fuckers IT WORKS!!! think bout it....its 10,11,12 at night or later...whos going to the drive threw??? it aint ya soccer mom...99% of the time its young kids that are either drunk or high as fuck and looking for munchies....and they automaticcly get curious because they see the big fuckin sticker covering the speaker...lol...so most of the time they will make note....and if not...guess what?? thats a couple hundred stoners you just promoted to over night in your sleep...and wether they visit ya sites or not..doesnt matter at this point cause they know and hear of the name, so once u start making noise in ya area...its that many more people that got ya name coming out they mouth...or already know of it....

Ok well that is it for now...if yall serious about this shit hit me up and i can hook you up with some more tips that i left out but honestly i alread typed waaaaay more then i even wanted to....but my minds got bucket loads of shit, from helping to get promo, to radio play to moving unit strategies...i mean you name it...im the definition of grind...peeps may not know it now...but its coo cause aint that how it always happens??? you never appreciate something untill its 2 late....and at that point it just comes out of no where and bites you in the fuckin ass....lol...lifes a bitch fellaz...so lets run a train on the slut ya digg??

pzzz

? THA RIDD ?
    test
  3. datN!GGAeDouble

datN!GGAeDouble Lil Havana Representa

my nigga droppin knowledge...dont sleep!
    test
  4. Arkon

Arkon ''Ozone check ya PMs''

wow this is a dope read man

good job, I still suggest you post it in the other thread aswell just to make that one a huge reference thread...
    test
  5. _REAPAH_

_REAPAH_ Mello Dee

good shit doggie
    test
  6. One-3D

One-3D ...100% Basementality...

very good read..

might wanna post these up in the other thread, since that one's stickied and this one isnt..
    test
  7. swiss-

swiss- a.k.a emperikal

good read fam

ive emailed u twice about the 56ace shit and u aint get at me.. lemme know whats good
    test
  8. ? THA RIDD ?

? THA RIDD ? New Member

^^^ my fault homie, i explained the deal in email i just sent to you 2 minutes ago...

E.R. wuss good my du??? get at me homie...i need talk to you bout some shit....

and to the other cats.....thanks, i'm glad a few of you reading it nah mean.....if you can put it to good use im satisfied....only reason i typed all that shit was because i hate seeing talent just thrown out the window....and its unfortunate but 85% of the cats on here are doing just that.....Make time for RM im not saying shit on it.....just dont get stuck in its trap....lol...

oh and yea i will also post this reply in the other thread to the cats that mentioned it....i just figured it would get over looked because it was so long.....and atleast a few cats was able to check it out here.....so yea i'll post it up in there 2...

pzzz

? THA RIDD ?
    test
  9. SadistiK1

SadistiK1 Washingtonian

Great post, thanks for the tips man
    test
  10. Wargasms

Wargasms Neva 2 Old 2 Bust Rhymez

this is why i fucks with ridd and likeminded people
    test
  11. Praverb

Praverb I breathe hip hop...

awesome to the sky with this
    test
  12. 6th_plague

6th_plague More then meets the eye

test
  13. Neyedus

Neyedus Active Member

Last year when I was selling my mixtape I gave my friends/"street team" 20 copies to sell. I told them I want 5$ off each sell, but if they were able to sell them for anymore then they could keep the profit. I found this was a good way to motivate peeps...
    test
  14. Bless™

Bless™ Hollow Slice Kills

damn, this guy is no joke..
    test
  15. Streetsz954

Streetsz954 Im allergic to dirt weed

MY DUDE

yall niggas aint know, RIDD go hard, im like damn near an hour from this nigga and I been hearin about em

we need to get up though fam, we shakin up the scene somethin crazy in a minute... I needa holla at you actually about a few things

get at me

email = FranchiseFamily@gmail.com
    aim = CornaBodega
    test
  16. datN!GGAeDouble

datN!GGAeDouble Lil Havana Representa

^hahaha yup...man we still need to make that 305/954/561 collabo...i remmeber hearin about it awhile back...n now since im even rappin, it could be like every single camp gets represented well on the track
    test
  17. Streetsz954

Streetsz954 Im allergic to dirt weed

^^ im definitely down, lets pick a spot to record it at and let a nigga know brova
    test
  18. ? THA RIDD ?

? THA RIDD ? New Member

glad yall makin use of the info....thass what i like to see....and good looks on whoeva made it a sticky....if i get the chance i'll add a few more tactics later....

streetsz ima get at you homie, if anything EMPCEO@gmail.com just hit me up fam...

oh and as far as that 305/954/561 connection.....i remember talks about it a while back and nothing ever happened with it.....fuck the bullshit, im most def down....first one to get a sick anthem type banga...speak up and lets get it done....would be suntn serious....

pzzz

? THA RIDD ?
    test
  19. Dely

Dely In The Trap

thats what that is
    test
  20. Maurkadi

Maurkadi Well-Known Member

now FL gonna go on a rampage with this info
    test
Thread Status: