Carolina Panthers

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by McCizoy, Sep 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McCizoy

McCizoy Retired

I know Delhomme was awful and it's frustratiing watching him half the time but I think last year proved that the team is ALOT worse when he's not the QB. As far as top 3 guys...

1. Delhomme
    2. Smitty
    3. Beason (btw...had 15 tackles yesterday)

After I thought about it, it is crazy that Peppers and Kasay to a lesser extent aren't in my top 3. Also the tandem of Stewart/Williams is probably just as valuable as anyone on the team. In both the team's losses they had 42 and 39 total rushing yards between em.
    test
  2. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Keep talkin' shit... you guys beat us soundly... but we won't get swept.

Matt Ryan is good, but they're going down, too... we weren't clickin' on offense at all the other day... Delhomme was off point... but when we're on, we're an elite team... a SB contender... our defense will always show up and that will be the difference maker... and did you notice Sam Brown on special teams kickoffs and punt returns? Don't hate... we will win the division.
    test
  3. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Yeah, I feel you on your choices... I was thinking more long-term, though... Beason has been a beast... and Jordin Gross... but over the years, if you take out any of those 3 I named, then we'd have a lot more losses... Kasay is my favorite because he's been there the longest and is the most consistent... plus, he doesn't get enough props from the press. As for QB, I was lobbying for us to pick up Kerry Collins again as a backup over the last 2 years when Delhomme was either out or suffering. He shoulda sat down at the beginning of the 3rd quarter when he threw his 3rd pick.
    test
  4. McCizoy

McCizoy Retired

I'm just now starting to forgive Kasay for Super Bowl 38. I'll never want anything to do with Kerry Collins again though.
    test
  5. McCizoy

McCizoy Retired

DeAngelo Williams
    955 yards
    4.9 AVG
    11 TD's

Pro-Bowl numbers.
    test
  6. Vintage Tox

Vintage Tox One Hundred Percent

Deeeeeeeeeeeeestruction!!
    test
  7. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I've always liked Collins, though... even during the Steve Burlein competition... I just think he's like 'out there' sometimes... like he does acid or something... but when his head is in the game, he's unstoppable.
    test
  8. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

We got at least 4 pro-bowlers this year... Williams, Beason, Peppers, Kasay... maybe Smith once he starts to dominate the rest of the season.
    test
  9. Vintage Tox

Dude will never be forgiven until we raise the Lombardi trophy.
    test
  10. McCizoy

McCizoy Retired

299 YARDS RUSHING

Where the fuck are the 5 teams better than the Panthers?
    test
  11. Vintage Tox

299 yards rushing.

Fucking hell, against the Buccs. Would've been over 300 but the knee Jake Delhomme took the knee at the end and gave them negative yardage lol.

Cant nobody deny us now, no fucking way.
    test
  12. the Prince

the Prince New Member

nobody and i mean NOBODY is fucking with the panthers...
    test
  13. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

I like the Panthers...I really do. They have my favorite running back in the NFL (TDeAngelo), my favorite receiver other than Hines Ward (Smith), and Stewart who I also like.

But their defense is charmin soft, and the Buccs really aren't a good team. Very overrated, and when their defense is asleep (see tonight) they'll never win.
    Panthers are a good team, but not a SB contender. Not with Delhomme back there, and not with their D standing around getting pushed in to the endzone by guys like Cadillac Williams.

Top 3 in the NFC, but that's about as far as it goes. They're my favorite team outside the Lions/Titans though...always find myself pulling for them.
    test
  14. McCizoy

McCizoy Retired

I hope you're not saying Delhomme isn't a Super Bowl QB (he's been to 1 already btw) but at the same time believe that Kerry Collins is. Jake Delhomme is 10x the QB that fucking bum Kerry Collins is. IN fact the Carolina offense is better than the Titans offense. Defense not soo much...

But speaking of the defense, it's fine against the rush, they got pushed into the endzone on one play....way to overreact and pick out the one play that proves your point. Passing defense I'll admit needs work but they have the guys back there (Lucas, Gamble, Marshall, Harris) to do the job so I'm not terribly worried.

If the Panthers get home field in the playoffs we'll be playing in the SB, guaranteed.
    test
  15. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

The secondary does have me worried... that's 3 straight games where the opposing QB had over 300 yds passing, right?

And Dehlomme has proven he can win games with his arm... like in the first half of the season, but he's been sketchy as of late... I'm not too worried about our offense... it's SB caliber... but damn that secondary needs to straighten up... especially Lucas... he got burnt ALL fuckin' night.
    test
  16. Newportz

Newportz Guest

test
  17. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

The buccs carry the "great d" reputation, even though they havent really earned it this year. Good, yeah, but not as good as usual.

As for the panthers fans - if you're expecting holes like that opened up game in and game out, you're kidding yourselves. I don't care who you play, usually the RBs are going to have to earn their yards unlike the other night.
    test
  18. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Nobody said we're expecting that... but Stewart and Williams are good enough backs that they create holes and make people miss... especially D. Will... his stiff arm was executed to perfection on Monday... that's really what happened more than anything.
    test
  19. Angelica

Angelica Angelicious

is it jus me or does steve smith look like nelly?
    test
  20. McCizoy

McCizoy Retired

Again I ask....Where are the 5 teams better than the Panthers?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.