carmelo anthony > kobe (in clutch moments)

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by Brahman, Mar 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. double ML

double ML Guest

style & chicken killed it
    test
  2. Klas~Sick

Klas~Sick New Member

i shouldve cleared myself, i meant to say this season, tmac isnt clutch, at least the games i watched, which all of them he didnt make a clutch shot, but thats i havent seen enough games, hopefully next season when i get league pass tmac'll be clutch city
    test
  3. G-Rob da great

G-Rob da great Fear moondog.

lol.. Didn't he make the first game winning shot of his CAREER just a year or two ago?
    test
  4. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

you know whats really funny is the Lakers when they won there 3 championships they did it off of the extra pass. alot of times to Robert Horry. i remember seeing Devon Goerge taking dagger shots from Shaq's hands. sometimes Kobe's hands. Shit Rick Fox to. ask the Kings who they fear'd in those games. Chris Webber wakes up in the middle of the night still seeing Horry draining some deep three for the win. Kobe was MUCH better along side Shaq. i'd take Kobe as a Robin before i took him as a Batman anyday.
    test
  5. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

Kobe missed the game winning shot today aganist the Cavs.
    test
  6. Klas~Sick

Klas~Sick New Member

speakin of kobe not makin that shot vs cavs, i think ima wear my cavs hat to skool tomarrow, just to piss off the laker fans, and my school has a lotta laker fans
    test
  7. G-Rob da great

G-Rob da great Fear moondog.

lol.. I heard it heavily for wearing my Cavs skully into work last night (and never took it off).

My co-workers wanted to bitch about the cheating, which they have a minor point but fact of the matter is that LA had a 15 point lead in the 4th and the game was tied before Flip was fouled. There were some bad calls (like the one where Hubie described Kobe getting "mugged".. lmao), but they can't put it all on the refs.

Gee, I feel like I'm talking about the Superbowl all over again.. lol.
    test
  8. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

in last night's game between the los angeles lakers and denver nuggets (4/6), bryant goes 1-5 in overtime including a horrendous shot off of the side of the backboard while carmelo anthony seals the victory with another gamewinner...

[​IMG]

82games.com may be on to something

i'd like to see kobe's updated clutch shooting percentage... he's probably the most dangerous PLAYER in the league in the clutch, but he's vastly overrated in terms of being needed for that last second shot... rarely makes em and only has a reputation for his sometimes theatrical final shots to go with the bevy of points that came before
    test
  9. style-rip

style-rip Lakers>Clippers

he made that sick 4 point play to actually put the game IN overtime. why dont yall ever talk about how poorly smush played? or how odom dribbled the entire possession away in the final seconds of the 4th quarter and then took a terrible looking shot? its always kobe's fault for everything
    test
  10. Iceodu921

Iceodu921 Resident Sports Genius

people always look for ways to put rapists down.
    test
  11. the Prince

the Prince New Member

kobe didn't lose that game - the players below did

lamar odom - missed layups, horrendous defense on the baseline, hes either above average or horrendous on certain plays. most of the time horrendous
    smush parker - he has one solid game a week; the others he is simply pathetic
    luke walton - only reason he is in the nba is because of pops. luke thinks he can handle the ball like wade. fuck ups - foolish over and back violation, inability to hit
    kwame brown - only reason he had 13 rebounds is because 5 of them were off his misses 5 feet from the hoop. the ball is too big for his hands

the above reasons are why kobe only had 1 assist. they cant shoot from the perimeter and they cant handle a ball after kobe is double teamed and makes 'slick' passes
    test
  12. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

How did the Lakers make the playoffs?
    test
  13. style-rip

by having more W's than the #9 seed
    test
  14. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

who said anything about kobe losing the game?

i pointed out how he flat-out sucked in overtime

his teammates may have had trouble converting, but they still shot better than he did (44.1% to his 40.6%). he took 32 shots while lamar hot-shooting odom only got 13, which he made 7 of. lamar odom made a big clutch three-pointer in overtime to tie the game up 106-106 @ the 1:43 mark, but he unfortunately fouled out and couldn't help the lakers with his brilliant playmaking presence in the closing seconds.

vote - odom struggling not because of his own inability but rather being constantly frozen out and not duly utilized as the potent weapon that he is
    test
  15. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

because he takes more shots then his entire team combined. he hogs the ball and he play's like he's the only nigga wearing a Laker Uni for 48 minutes. SO when they lose you treat it like he was the only nigga wearing a Laker Uni. he may easily be the best individual talnet in the league but he's also the worst team player.
    test
  16. style-rip

funny how iverson doesnt even get mentioned when philly keeps on losing like they are right now. oh ya, kobe is the kryptonite of a team. yep. funny how when the lakers were winning with kobe and shaq, kobe was never hated on as being a bad team player. he needs better talent around him, just like garnett. let me give u 1 example out of many. in tonight's game, lakers were down by 1 point heading into the 4th quarter (79-80) and kobe finally got a chance to sit on the bench for a few minutes. what happened with kobe on the bench? lakers down by 9, momentum completely with the suns. the lakers looked lost on both ends of the floor and odom was dribbling, then taking fade away ugly lookin shots at some point in that stretch. true talk, lakers with kobe on the bench are worse than the bobcats
    test
  17. double ML

double ML Guest

^^someone give this man a gold star
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.