carmelo anthony > kobe (in clutch moments)

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by Brahman, Mar 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. style-rip

style-rip Lakers>Clippers

shutup u bitches kobe never misses clutch shots, just like jordan never missed clutch shots
    test
  2. G-Rob da great

G-Rob da great Fear moondog.

Not a chance in hell Jordan would take the same ill advised shots Kobe takes.
    test
  3. Bash

Bash New Member

^lmao aye but you ever realize they always show the games when jordan hits the clutch shot but they never show the games where he missed them? like i was watching clips of a game back in the 80s when the bulls played the jazz jordan missed the shot for the win in the 4th quater then he missed another shot for the win in overtime and the jazz won in double ot
    test
  4. Bash

Bash New Member

lakers down 95-96 wit 3.4 seconds left lets see wat kobe gon do
    test
  5. Bash

Bash New Member

fuck another miss
    test
  6. style-rip

shut up this shot was not considered clutch because kobe got fouled in the process
    test
  7. G-Rob da great

He's the exception.

Thanks for the win today.
    test
  8. Bash

Bash New Member

he was not fouled nigga if he was I'm positive he'd be arguing wit the refs about a foul not a timeout
    test
  9. chickenwang

chickenwang (the) state of the art

ok i'm sure jordan would miss some shots to lose games, but what the guy is saying is that jordan would not be shooting some fadeaway halfcourt shot with 3 people on him when someone is screaming for the ball wide open with a FAR greater probability of making the game winner than kobe has. like i said, in late game scenarios, all the other team has to do is qua••••le team kobe knowing that he's going to shoot the game winner regardless of what happens.

but yo, fuck feelings getting hurt, fuck payrolls, i want to see phil go back to benching the star player (pippen) in the clutch because he has a feeling that someone else will make it (kukoc).

you also have to wonder, is kobe a great player because he isn't scared of shooting the game winner? or is he an unbelivably egotistic player who doesn't mind sabotaging the game as long as he has a shot of ending up as the hero of the game?

the debate continues.
    test
  10. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

when did he try to call timeout?
    test
  11. style-rip

shut upp kobe doesnt miss, he gets fouled that isnt called! once the air vibrations from the waving hands of the opposition makes contact to his elbow, it slightly tweaks his shot ..

THAT, my friends, is an indirect foul and should be called every time
    test
  12. chickenwang

wtf did they blockout •••• for? lol

also, kobe's a little bitch sometimes for blaming someone else for putting him in a difficult scenario like he did today. after he missed that fucking horrible shot he looked at luke and said CALL TIMEOUT, not like it would have mattered because that's the shot that kobe always takes. he did that to luke against the knicks last season too, ridiculous. it's so simple. if he would just make one extra pass, more than likely, the other team would be so amazed, that they wouldn't be prepared for someone else shooting the ball and it would probably be an uncontested shot that kobe's teammate would have.

but on the down side, kobe's teammates are so conditioned to just giving the ball to kobe at the end of the game that they wouldn't be prepared themselves to shoot becuase they haven't shot a clutch shot all season. so occasionally you'll get lamar odom just going down the lane throwing some shit up his ass (against sacramento earlier this season) because he feels that his shot has just as good of a chance as kobe's to go in (which it probably does, statistically).
    test
  13. Bash

Bash New Member

i know dats wat im saying i didnt see him calling any timeout but after he missed the shot he was arguing to the refs about them not seeing him call a timeout
    test
  14. chickenwang

if you're talking about kobe being able to make ridiculous, fadeaway shots within any moment in the game, then the acutal percentage of those shots that go in is probably far worse than 34% (9/26). it's just that we see so many of those miraculous shots that go in, we tend to forget the ridiculous ones that didn't go in. just like you were saying about jordan missing shots but no one talking about them. kobe does make a riduclous amount of those improbable shots, but only because he takes so many of them.
    test
  15. chickenwang

he was telling luke he should have called timeout, most likely
    test
  16. Bash

Bash New Member

and one more thing i bet phil never draw up a play for someone other than kobe dats why the inbounder always look for kobe rather than looking for the wide open guy for example when the lakers played the celtics odom was wide open under the hoop for a layup but the inbounder i believe it was luke walton passed the ball to kobe and he shot a bad fadeaway wit two players on him and the lakers lost the game
    test
  17. chickenwang

i know, i realize that, i put some blame on phil too, which is why i said in my first long rant:

"but yo, fuck feelings getting hurt, fuck payrolls, i want to see phil go back to benching the star player (pippen) in the clutch because he has a feeling that someone else will make it (kukoc)."
    test
  18. style-rip

its luke's fault for putting kobe in a tough position. by the time luke passed him the ball, 2 defenders were already covering him. its luke's job to make his teammates better but all he did was stall to buy enough time for the opposition to slaughter kobe. who cares who else was open
    test
  19. G-Rob da great

Correct.
    test
  20. young J

young J that nigga.

lol, never.

melo isn't even that good.

Kobe is the best player in the NBA right now.

but the best clutch player has to be Allen Iverson.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.