carmelo anthony > kobe (in clutch moments)

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by Brahman, Mar 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

according to 82games.com, that is

kobe's still the player i'd fear more (most in the league, in fact) in clutch situations though, because he tends to put an all-out assault on that box score in such little time... i don't think anthony's the type of player to erase 4th quarter deficits as swiftly as kobe can

however, it's an interesting read... peep the link below the quote

from bill simmons' column:

http://www.82games.com/random12.htm

test
  2. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

that boy paul pierce is a straight-up beast in the clutch

very overlooked
    test
  3. the Prince

the Prince New Member

carmelo is a fantastic player
    test
  4. Bash

Bash New Member

damn I cant remember him missing dat many shots but I bet if you ask any coach in the league who they fear most in the closing minutes of a close game they'd say Kobe one more question when was the last time T-Mac made a buzzer beating shot to win the game? I dont think he has ever done dat
    test
  5. illest brother

illest brother Registered User

Off the top of my mind, when he made that buzzer beater to beat San Antonio last season with 13 points in 30 seconds.
    test
  6. Ed E Brock

Ed E Brock RM's version of this guy

^Yeah. That was God that orchestrated that bullshit.... tmac was just the puppet he used.
    test
  7. Bash

Bash New Member

o yea tru but when I say buzzer beating shot I ment like has he ever hit a game winning shot at the buzzer
    test
  8. double ML

double ML Guest

this yr david west has the most buzzer beaters for wins

and bwahahahaha@kobe's 2 airballs in the playoffs his rookie season[funny]
    test
  9. Klas~Sick

Klas~Sick New Member

i dont think tmac is clutch, i dont have league pass, but i everytime i saw houston down in the end and tmac shoots, he misses, but i saw this awhile ago, melo is nasty at the clutch, even tho hes 4th in top clutch players, but daam, steve is clutch?
    test
  10. Yung Lyon

Yung Lyon THE BOSS

^^t-mac makes many shots at the buzzer, mostly being 2 seconds left in da st half but a buzzer beater is a buzzer beater
    test
  11. Bash

Bash New Member

shaq havent made a game winning shot in a while
    test
  12. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

did you see Kobe take that shot agianst NJ. two niggaz were so very open and that nigga took a terrible shot. he was extremly covered.
    test
  13. tharealist23

tharealist23 The Next Chief

In clutch: Carmelo > Kobe > Lebron

Overall best player: Kobe > Lebron > Carmelo
    test
  14. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

regardless of what you think, he is clutch

he was in the top five last year in 4th quarter ppg, and before he went down with the first back episode this season he was leading the league

he made several plays throughout last season as well to seal wins or help the rockets get back in games they were trailing late

and, he may have missed those shots "whenever you watched", but his percentage is certainly respectable when compared to others
    test
  15. G-Rob da great

G-Rob da great Fear moondog.

This is why I had to laugh when his #1 fan said LeBron was absolutely garbage in the clutch. [funny]

Not that LeBron is any better, but he isn't much worse than the next guy- especially when you factor in entire 4th quarter performances, he's easily up there. Just not in the final minute or last shot attempt.

Kobe forces to the extreme.. the shot against the Nets was ridiculous, and there was also another extreme forced 3 that hit the front iron earlier this year where he lost the game (can't remember against who).

When Paul Pierce hit the game winner against the Wizards he said "I didn't care if I was getting triple teamed I was going to take the shot".. lmao, to his credit.. he did make the shot under semi- double coverage, so it's hard to fault him, but sometimes you just need to take the best available play. I'm not surprised that Kobe is 6-25, I don't recall too many scenarios of him passing up the shot no matter the degree of difficulty.
    test
  16. Ed E Brock

Ed E Brock RM's version of this guy

There are no ridiculous/forced/out of range shots for kobe bryant...

you'd think you dumb bastards would've learned that by now. There are no ill-advised shots for kobe bryant. He's the exception.
    test
  17. chickenwang

chickenwang (the) state of the art

nicely done

this season i would fear carmelo & paul pierce in the clutch way more than kobe cause all you have to do is double team kobe knowing that he's gonna put up the shot regardless.
    test
  18. chickenwang

chickenwang (the) state of the art

he's fucking 6/25 this season. that means for the 6 times that you've said OH MY GOD I CANT BELIEVE HE MADE THAT! there were 19 times were you said "OH ITS OK HE'LL MAKE IT NEXT TIME"
    test
  19. Bash

Bash New Member

^nigga he was talking bout overall not only in the final 24 seconds Kobe is the best ridiculous/forced/out of range shooter in the league to me
    test
  20. G-Rob da great

G-Rob da great Fear moondog.

[funny]

The first thing that comes to mind when I read that was Brahman's hate my shot selection thread.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.