Carl Sagan thread...this interview is the truth

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by mapleleaf, Jan 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mapleleaf

mapleleaf bumpin onyx in the jag

[youtube]jod7v-m573k[/youtube]

damn...skrill talk

get educated, don't be afraid of science.

it's more than a body of knowledge, its a way of thinking.
    test
  2. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Its a religon. Ever heard of the church of scientology
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  3. mapleleaf

very funny
    test
  4. Bar nigga

Bar nigga 314 STL Ancient of daze..

good interview
    test
  5. mapleleaf

i think its real, super important tbh.

science is pushing our society forward yet the average person becomes increasingly intimidated by it. we need to understand science so we can help determine, and be apart of creating the future...not letting those who understand it exploit it...they don't care about the consequences of their actions or the result of their technology...

technology is beautiful and conceivably unlimited but we need to understand it and embrace it to harness its full potential
    test
  6. Bar nigga

the problem is...with all this technology, there is no balance..

to be honest i don't think we, as a people are ready to embrace the full potential of science. too many evil..wealthy powerful people doing with it as they please. not the least bit concerned about bettering society, but making sure they continue to have absolute power and wealth
    test
  7. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
    - Carl Sagan

o_O
    test
  8. Bar nigga

2 many mad scientists more concerned about making new more efficient weapons for war...than solving the global energy crisis.
    test
  9. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

it aint the 'mad scientists' who are obsessed with weapons research its the government.. they're the ones who provide the subsidies for that type of research.. you can't blame technology and knowledge for the fact that we are a war obsessed blood thirsty species
    test
  10. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN proper weaponry

superior thread.
    test
  11. .Sparro.

.Sparro. A Wraith

Billions and billions.
    test
  12. SpillnMoney

SpillnMoney Member

Look up carl sagan vs frank trurek's debate
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  13. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

can't seem to find anything on it. i'm getting results for christopher hitchens vs frank turek but no carl sagan.
    test
  14. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Exactly. Even if you aren't interested in the Cosmos etc, the scientific method and a sceptical mind should be a must for everyone.
    test
  15. Look im Gangsta

Examples?
    test
  16. Look im Gangsta

Hardly.

Galileo had to sell a pencil holder (I forget what it was exactly) to the military and persuade them it had a military application so he could get funding for his telescope.

Same with all the scientists involved in rocket technology pre and post WWII. All they wanted was to get a nigga into space. But it wasn't until the army finally realised rocket technology had a military application that the money came in.

It's the same today. Scientists need money. So they'll do what respective armed forces, universities and commercial companies want to get their funding.
    test
  17. Bar nigga

those niggaz spent 8 billion dollars to build CERN's Large Hadron Collider.

once i heard that, i knew that whole "they need money" shit aint the problem.

the problem is what they are spending the money on...granted the LHC has produced anti matter...and there are endless possibilities with that discovery.

but something tells me its NOT going to be used for bettering our society..
    test
  18. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

have you ever heard of the military industrial complex? there are very good reasons why so much scientific research is geared towards weapons production, all of which have nothing to do with science itself. it's not up for debate where the money comes from, we know exactly why these areas of research receive so much funding.

how society utilizes technology is completely up to society. it's not a flaw that is contained in technology itself.
    test
  19. Look im Gangsta

I
    CERN consists of several major countries. CERN has contributed a Cunt load to the military too. The web and encryption being the more prominent.

And anti matter is decades (if not hundreds of years) away from being usable.

Governments are happy to let CERN roll on because the technology needed to sustain such a machine has military and commercial applications.

Shit wasn't just a donation. These nighas are earning it via military and commercial apps.

Make no mistake about it. Money is a problem. There's a massive exodus of talent from the UK to the US as we speak because the Obama budget just bitch slapped the UKs science budget.
    test
  20. Bar nigga

damn, you just gave me something else to do research on...

thats interesting
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.