Car Of The Week - 9/29-10/5 - 01' Corvette Z06

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by Polar, Sep 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Polar

Polar Rep Levels Are Ghey

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

info fromz06vette.com
    test
  2. Polar

I'll take one in black please.
    test
  3. Trey M

Trey M \.=.

nahhhhhh
    test
  4. Polar

Nah? Wow.
    test
  5. Nebz

Nebz R.I.P. Point Game

A vette is my car....i love em
    test
  6. Tigre

Tigre Ax Me About Ebonics

same here, i will take one in black, but the OZ wheels have to go.. give me a full polished 3 piece wheel... and shit call it a day, since it can beat about anything on the streets.
    test
  7. Trey M

Trey M \.=.

Too expensive to me..but that's the "tuner vette".....stock 12's....that's serious....
    test
  8. Dokta Zuess

Dokta Zuess Guest

Stock 12's is great...

untill you see a crappy ass 4cyl running 13's stock for about 30-40 grand cheaper...

Not worth the money in my opinion....not even close.

and with all they charge, seems like they could DO SOMETHING with the design...exterior and interior...

has no personality.
    test
  9. Tigre

True.... but this car is a STREET car that runs 12's..... most hondas are drag prepped cars that run 13's... so most are 14 sec street cars.

A z06 full drag ready w/great driver..... this car STOCK can run high 11's.....

But still this is the best peformance car under 55 g's... BAR NONE... matter of fact i would say even the best under 100 g's stock..
    test
  10. Oedipus Rexx

Oedipus Rexx New Member

how much would it cost to get an srt-4 running 11's ?

Im sure it could be done for well under 10...and even better you have a sleeper.

Plus, here at our track...points aren't available for corvette's...kinda lame to me, but ah well. (classifications and all)
    test
  11. Tigre

Hey i agree, i mean i love the engine and the sound of the vette...everything else is decent, with a ehhh interior.

Probably a stage 3 kit from Mopar... I would say he needs to be pushing about 370hp to the wheels.

So bigger turbo...injectors...blah blah blah... yeah you could do it with about 10g's i guess. With an evo i would say about 6 g's..... or so... upgrade the turbo, and untuned i would say with weight reduction...yep 11's.
    test
  12. Tigre

I know the car of the week next..... i want a S14/S15 JDM Silvia..... hook it up.
    test
  13. jaymz_101

jaymz_101 New Member

i actually was in one of these over here in ireland... some local garage owner has a load of imported american cars up at his house cause he's a rich bastard... lol ... he used to hang bout with my mom when they were young... like 0-10 before he moved house...

so we were up at his like a year ago... cause he moved back over here... and i was in his vette.. red... VERY nice...

he has a load of dodge trucks, a chevy... some red and cream truck i forget the make, the red vette, 911 turbo, some freaky looking audi i never seen before... nice tho..

i forget but he has mad cars... lol
    test
  14. Subconcious

Subconcious CiPrIoLa DyNaStY

nice but i only like old school american cars
    test
  15. trifle

trifle New Member

srt-4 brought into the equation i see....ouch....i sure as hell hope it has better reliability than previous neons...you are taking a car to the edge when using a 4 cylinder with that kind of power in most situations...plus if you can't do all of the labor yourself it will add up to WAY more than a handful of g's....

considering the vette can be had for around 55k, finding something as good for 15-25 g's will NOT be easy, especially with it being a street car, with a suspension that will be well suited for track use (you know, the ones with turns...)

on another note...

i rode in a 2003 cobra pushing around 500 hp the other day...was my bro in law's uncles (rich bastard also has a classic vette for sale, and a 2002 saleen s281..among other things)....

that was the sickest street car i've been in....very nice power, handling, braking...
    test
  16. El Hefe

El Hefe New Member

shit is sweet
    test
  17. Polar

Why was this taken down from being a sticky?
    test
  18. trifle

trifle New Member

hey janitor....glad you showed up here...what happened to my damn mod spot? j/k
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.