Car Of The Day - 2005 Ford Mustang GT

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by TdotOG, Jan 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TdotOG

TdotOG Deeez Sluts

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is technically the first all-new Mustang since 1979.

4.6L (281ci) SOHC V8
    300hp@6000rpm
    315lbs/ft@4500rpm
    RWD, obviously
    5 speed manual
    0-60mph: 5.2 sec.
    1.4 mile: 13.9@104.00mph
    60-0mph: 116ft.

...I can't wait for the Cobra..
    test
  2. OrtizDupri

OrtizDupri then you gotta BREATHE

SO hot...

I wish I hadn't bought a 2003... and had waited on the 2005 :(
    test
  3. lpoet

lpoet POET

dope.......
    test
  4. Tigre

Tigre Ax Me About Ebonics

So pretty much same performance times...just looks a hell of alot better.

Yeah the shit is definitely hot...but will be played in half a year. I see many teenage boy and girls buying this car...
    test
  5. OrtizDupri

Depends, I've heard stuff about them bumping the price up because of the cost of the chassis and stuff... I mean I guess we'll see how it works out, but that might be prohibitive to teenagers...

And honestly, fuck it, I'd rather see teenage boys and girls buying this rather than suping up Honda Civics and Acura Integras with huge exhausts and badly done body kits (apparently most people in NoVA are all about the "all {ugly} show, no go" philosophy)... and EVERYONE in NoVA drives a fucking Civic or Integra.
    test
  6. Tigre

LOL...true..my cousin lives in NoVa. The only thing that is different with NoVa and other places is that there are plenty of fast civics and integras. I know atleast 10 integras that are turbo'd. And about 20 civics that are swap or FI. All of them running low 13s and much lower. So i can not agree on the show and no go philosophy. Trifle rides around NoVa i wonder if he thinks the same.

I hate Mustangs soooo I hate seeing them period, besides like 65 Shelby's and what not. Although this new one does look good, I still wouldn't care if i see them on the road.

The only mustang i would even think of getting...well newer mustang i should say is the Cobra...Aka the new american BPU Supra TT.
    test
  7. trifle

trifle New Member

it really depends, there is a lot of riced out trash here...there really is....see it day in, day out... i haven't talked to many people to figure out who around here has what, but there are some for real cars.... i'm not sure bout the northern nova area such as arlington, alexandria, etc...

in manassas you get a lot of the hispanic riced out anythings....everyone has a shit muffler or at least a tip..i've never seen so many shittily done cars, down in southern va, we had all show no go, here, it's not even show, it's just....damn....

not to say i haven't seen some badass cars around here, a few badass supras floating around, i've seen a fair amount of dsm's that are obviously not stock or close to it (i saw one with tires offset about 4.5 inches outside of the wheel wells the other day, i almost puked....i hope it was for a good reason, i mean those tires were fucking huge...)

i wish i could remember the lexus that i saw a few months ago, i really can't remember the model, is300 maybe, turboed, now they may have had it blowing off into the atmosphere with the BOV, but regardless, i've NEVER heard a turbo spool and whine with nearly as much authority, the damn thing blew by me like i was standing still....i didn't even realize that it was that car coming up behind me cuz it'd kept constant pace about 5 cars back, and the damn thing "whoop whoop'd" so fuckin loud i thought i was getting pulled over by a cop at first honestly, i know i'm just rambling and this gives no clue towards what turbo was being run, and what specs the car put out, but the damn thing flew...

i don't think manassas is quite the market for the people with the money/drive to really go performance for their cars, and with ortiz in chantilly it won't be too much different...now up towards where your cousin is tigre, i'd say it's different, i've seen nice cars there, but i'm not there nearly as much...but yeah everyone has civics and integras around here, i swear i've never seen so many 'tegs in my life, or dsm's...

as far as the mustang, it's kinda cool looks-wise, i think this will be more played out by older guys like the thunderbird was moreso than the younger crowd tho...
    test
  8. OrtizDupri

Yeah - I'm from Chantilly/Fairfax... so I see a lot of the Manassas types - the ones with Mitsubishi logo pried off and a Mexico bumper sticker in its place.

I know there are a lot of REAL cars here - just go to my gym (Lifetime in Centreville) to see - lots of M3s, there's a Supra TT or two, a few S2000s (with mad mods), all kinds of stuff.

But overall, I see a lot of rims and bodykits on Civics and fake gauges.
    test
  9. Sawred

Sawred New Member

damn thats weird u post this, the other day i was tellin a friend I wanted 1, and i just got done searchin for pictures to show them, I get on here and they were up on here the whole time.

Im thinkin of getting 1 of these, anyone with any informatoin on a release date and price, would be great...

I have read many web pages saying the base model(v6 203??204?? horsepower) will start around 18,000, which is pretty cheap.

I want a (v8) so if anyone can get some more info, it would be great

test
  10. Tigre

Was the IS300 yellow, or silver. Those are the only 2 I know of that are turbo'd in the NoVa area. I think the yellow one is putting down something near 400hp...fucking rediculous if true.

I hear you on the tegs and civics that look like shit. But i try to phase them out. I swear I try not to notice them. I usually pay attention to very clean rides. I mean there are many cars that are sick out around the Reston, alexandria areas.

There is a 11 sec DSM in the Springfield area. Some group I usually see is the Asian guy in the Red Supra w/ a Turbo Integra and Turbo Civic driving around. Fucking sweeeeeet ass rides. Probably some of the cleanest cars in town. The Teg is black w/ sweet kit, and the Civic is a hatch with full cage and slammed on Volks. All three have a fucking blinging FMIC, that is impossible to miss.

You have like atleast 5 SC 2ks around the Chantilly area. You have about 4 Supra 's that are nasty. A few modifed Z06's, fast ass DSM's w/ huge FMIC's....and Some quick ass GTI's, and some 240sx's converted into Silvias running around. I think only like 2 of them though. Oh yeah and a Skyline is in NoVA. Look hard cause they have one here. Or he might be from MD. I have seen one Silver GT-R34 in NoVA area. I never seen so many ppl break their damn necks when he went by the Reston Town Center.
    test
  11. Kraylen

Kraylen Killer Instinct Champion.

I just moved to Vegas Tig... Mannnn the carsssss!!!!!!!!!!!

Still dont like the mustang... and I hate the Old/New school hybrids people are making
    test
  12. Trey M

Trey M \.=.

I'm feelin that...I saw this show where they were making the concept Shelby Cobra for the Detroit Auto show and Carroll Shelby was doing donuts on that shit...the muhfucka is 81
    test
  13. TdotOG

TdotOG Deeez Sluts

that shelby cobra concept has over 600 hp to the rear wheels, and I don't it weighs much at all.

they must have been intense donuts...lol
    test
  14. trifle

trifle New Member

the is300 was silver i'm pretty sure...had a damn good lookin girl with him...

haha i went back home to southern virginia and i swear i've never noticed the car difference other than pickup trucks which are overly abundant down there, but i noticed there were a lot more plain rides and older ones, i was actually like damn, this sucks...

up here there's a lot more people with a lot more money, whole shitload of h2's, 745's, etc etc etc...

o damn, you go to lifetime ortiz? i was thinkin bout goin there...is it true that you can get em to wave the 500 dolla setup? that's why i didn't join...

i might join the freedom center, it's pretty damn big too and a bit closer than lifetime, tho not 24/7
    test
  15. Tigre

I love Vegas, I go atleast twice a year. Fucking addicted to Poker and craps. I also need to stay this year at the Bellagio, cause I stayed at the Venetian last time, and that place is fucking nice. And during the summer, nothing but pussy everywhere. YEah Vegas is a great relaxing place for me for a nice 3 day weekend.

But the best place I have been for cars is still South Beach to me. Now South Beach I can stay there for fucking ever... except too many high maintenance bitches...but damn the spanish women there make me stay there a few days longer than expected.
    test
  16. trifle

trifle New Member

^^ tigre sure does love his cars n pussy
    test
  17. Tigre

Are you saying you don't..lol.
    test
  18. OrtizDupri

I don't know about the setup and what not, I joined forever ago... I love that gym though. Lots of free weights, which is pretty much all I use, basketball courts, racketball courts, and a pool to swim in, so I'm happy. Plus so many fine girls up in there allll the damn time.

Where's the Freedom Center? I've never heard of it.
    test
  19. trifle

trifle New Member

Nah man not at all....i LOVE cars and pussy as well....just seems to always be the only two things on your mind...only 2 things i've heard you talk about or talked with you about hahah guess that ain't that bad though huh?
    test
  20. trifle

trifle New Member

Damn straight there are some fine girls there, though i've barely been through it...haven't check out all of the rooms and whatnot...just went in for membership info i think

Freedom Center is on the Manassas GMU campus, it was a joint project between Manassas, PWC, and GMU, it's pretty damn big....cardio n weight room wasn't as big as I expected but I've never had to really wait around to use anything, got the olympic sized lap pool, 7000 sq ft leisure pool, some free classes, racquetball, basketball, etc...it's pretty nice...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.