Canibus has had a career MOST mc's would give there lifes for

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by FaceLess, Feb 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FaceLess

FaceLess jook is my dad..

...I mean to be honest this dude aint never pan out as no Superstar or savior of Hiphop like most thought he would be when canibus name first got out there...but the truth is this man has had a Solid career......I mean he went Head to head with a legend and ALOT of people say he Won including me....He droped a Gold album or was it 2 gold albums?..anyway i know his first lp went gold.....he droped 2 independant LP's that sold 300 thousand and 295 thousand copies to date respectivly..whitch for a independant LP thats good and some major Bank....Dudes been on Every major Mixtape DJ's Albums....Not to mention has had the honor of being on tracks with the Likes Rakim,Kool G rap and so on and so on... canibus has had Many Acomplishments and has made some Major paper in the rap game.....So why everybody act like this guyy has had such a shitty Career?

He might not be Eminem as far as Sells or A super legend like DRE but he has did tha dang thang in his own Regards...

Big ups to canibus

oh and who cares and Punctuation?
    test
  2. NinoBrowN15

NinoBrowN15 the 100 million man

true enough..............u kno the whole mainstream thing aint work out for boy but he is making sum major bank with the independent thing..................he has had a pretty good career.............an i think hes gonna make a mainstream comeback and rip shit
    test
  3. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

I agree... and on top of it, he still remained raw as fuck lyrically. Never changed his style up to do it... He's been around the industry for almost a decade too, with quite a few albums, and outshining almost everybody he's gotten on a track with is a nice accomplishment - "prove that I crucify you if I ever get to rap behind you"
    test
  4. He's good, but battle rhymes get old. I can listen to bis only when I'm in the mood for some raw, lyrical, wordplay...
    test
  5. SoulFood

SoulFood New Member

word,he doesn't write real lyrics like common or blackalicious(am not one of those nerd guys who you call).108 mics is one of the best guys in this forum
    test
  6. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

Everything gets old to me... I have to be in the mood for any type of lyrics. Sometimes I'm feelin' alot of deep shit, sometimes I just like gangsta shit, sometimes I feel like nothing but nerd rap, then sometimes I just want raw battle rhymes. Or just artist to artist...

I think some of Canibus best work is when he gets topical... like on Grand Deception or How Come.
    test
  7. reborn

reborn Journalist

yea, Canibus has had a pretty good career.
    test
  8. Unknown_Person

Unknown_Person New Member

Yah, Canibus IS a legend to true hip-hop heads... He had a good career and hes coming back right now... He ain't as good as he use to be but he's better then 99% of the mainstream still... Can't wait till his next album, June is sooooo far.
    test
  9. THEDONN- closed

THEDONN- closed pac and biggie rule 4eva

bis is that boi, new album june 21st
    test
  10. FaceLess

FaceLess jook is my dad..

he looks like he has aids....but he can rap a lil.lol
    test
  11. T.Nitewulf

T.Nitewulf SHUT THE FUCK UP

I wish that he didnt take the corny route. His lyrics are...smmh...right about now.
    test
  12. Maestro Escobar

Maestro Escobar Sir SMoke A-LOT

the thing that messed canibus up was TOO MUCH HYPE. After he debuted on songs like BEASTS FROM THE EAST, 4,3,2,1(which he spits classic verses too) people were sayin that this mutha was the illest. his first album was good but alot of albums just didnt live up to the standard people were used to hearin Canibus spit. Rip The Jacker is his best album to date, and im looking forward to his next.
    test
  13. rgct2

rgct2 New Member

whats the best canibus song
    test
  14. T.Nitewulf

1.Canibus ripped LL. LL won on fanbase and his so called legend status. but on a lyrical/song tip he got ate.

2. Canibus fucked up. He shouldve adjusted his lyrics ( dumbed them down) for the audience. Hed stay ill doin that and he would sell..instead he started to write on wars on mars, molecular structures on casiopea( cornyness)

3.The man has so much potential.flowwise unfuckible with.

4.He shouldve never worked with clef.

But hes releasing albums up to date giving his fanbase what he wants so its all good.
    test
  15. T.Nitewulf

I Bus em U punish em- Canibus ft. Rakim Allah

everyone knows that MAAAAAAN!!!!!
    test
  16. Dialted

Dialted Mr. Ted dial

test
  17. rgct2

rgct2 New Member

unless this is some black niggar lingo i dont understand, what the fuck you doing on rapmusic if you're a cop? go patrol the city and help someone instead of sitting on your fat ass and not helping.
    test
  18. Washington Ave

Washington Ave is that a diss?

test
  19. RoFo

RoFo I'm dope...

HAHAHA word to that!
    test
  20. gotband4nothing

gotband4nothing New Member

u..........................fucking..............................dickhead

that beat to I'll Bus Em You Punish Em is lame,he got better tracks