can you sue if you get injured at a wrestling event.

Discussion in 'Smack Down!' started by Diasick, Aug 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diasick

Diasick this guy

So I was having this debate with my dad and cousin about this.

A few years back when I was going to OVW, before john cena got signed, there was a strap match that involved dlow brown and some other guy, dlow was chasing him around with the strap, and accidently hit my dad in the mouth with the strap, hes had trouble with his teeth every since or claims it all started from being hit in the mouth with a strap by dlow, so my cousin said you couldn't sue because there is a contract before you enter a building that says enter at your own risk. but If i recall there was a law suite to the wwe that involved the rock and hhh slamming the barricade into this guys knee.

I don't know if the same enter at your own risk contract is still applied on the bigger stage, but dlow looked shook and done everything in his power to make sure my dad was okay, he even took me my cousin, and my dad backstage to meet all the wrestlers. (john cena, randy orton, brock lesnar, shelton bengiman, ect)

But we been debating all these years if my dad has a case, he has had legit trouble with his teeth every since then, but I'm telling him it's cuz he's old and he's claiming it's because of that incident.
    test
  2. KRich662

KRich662 Well-Known Member

Your dad sounds like a pussy
    test
  3. Diasick

Diasick this guy

what my dad used to be a body builder, he didn't even flinch when it happened.
    test
  4. R3flex

R3flex Smackin Ya Manses

Nah you can sue. The fine print is in case something within your power happens. Even if they hide behind it, any ok lawyer would be able to dissect it.
    test
  5. Drink8cokesAday

Drink8cokesAday ALL DAY

I think you would be able to. It's a scripted event that they're in control of. It's not like getting hit with a foul ball at a baseball game.
    test
  6. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

Well instead of debating with his law team of you, he should have contacted a lawyer and got paid. But I'm sure there is some statue of limitations on when you can sue...
    test
  7. Diasick

Diasick this guy

hes not going to sue, im sure he would already if he wanted to.
    test
  8. Gotti23

Gotti23 Come 2 the darkness

Your dad probably got an erection & came in his pants after it happened
    test
  9. DeathChamberz

DeathChamberz From the Page to da stage

He can definatly sue that is not something that is reasonable to think of. If you go to a baseball game and get hit with the ball you can't sue, someone jumps in the stands and hits you definatly can sue.
    test
  10. Makabreli

Makabreli done

not only can you sue, you're likely to get a pretty quick settlement.
    test
  11. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

I doubt you can do anything now tbh....could have tho
    test
  12. MissAndrya

MissAndrya Evolution is what is.

I'm with Shadow's thinking, I think it had to have been acted upon at the time. In the least, some sort of formal complaint or record of injury should have been made in order that it could be followed up at a later date if it started bothering him.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.