Can you open a pro tools session in cubase?

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Re-iLL, Feb 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re-iLL

Re-iLL Basmentality...

I've been recording at a local studio that uses pro tools, but the mixes suck. I have all the session and would like to send them out to someone else to mix but he uses cubase as do I.

I would like to open the pro tools session and make some edits then export the audio and send it my engineer? Is there any easy way of doing this in cubase?

I do not have pro tools, i have an m-audio mobile pre but don't want to pay for pro tools just to open this session.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
    test
  2. Mr. ROUSH

Mr. ROUSH WWW.SOUNDCLICK.COM/ROUSH

You can't exactly open a PT Session into Cubase.. what you can do is export each individual element as a 24 bit wav file and then you would simply import each wav to the cubase multitrack.. you can do this a couple ways..

1.. manually put each wav where it goes in the timeline of cubase.. this is pretty inconvenient to do, but works just fine..

2.. Have your pro-tools engineer add time stamps to each wav before exporting them.. this is simply data that is applied to each wav that tells the DAW you're importing into exactly where in time each wav goes.. so all you have to do is set the tempo to match the song in cubase before importing.. then when you import the wav's they will drop in exactly where they go... not sure about time stamp imports in cubase, but it's pretty universal.. youtube it yo.. good luck!
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.