Can you go Running/Jogging on a daily basis

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Hotsauce X, Jul 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hotsauce X

Hotsauce X New Member

and still get results?

i know when youre doing muscle exercises with weight then you usually skip a day or two, but is running or other cardio exercises something that you can do everyday?

cause i was lookin to burn some weight off for the new soccer season so i was thinking that running a couple miles everyday could speed up the process...but maybe not? idk for sure lol
    test
  2. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

yes it will help to burn weight for sure and keep you in shape
    test
  3. That Nigga

That Nigga aka Hot Shyt

yes u can.

and the best way to lose fat is sprinting.

u can do 30/60's, which is running as fast as u can for 30 seconds and then walking or running at a slower pace for 60 and repeating it 6-10 times. When your endurance is up u can up it to 60/120.

you could try switching that up w/ the jogging every other day.
    test
  4. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

if youre going to run please, please, please, just do sprints. sure you can run everyday but its a long aerobic exercise which will burn muscle for fuel rather than an anaerobic exercise which will build muscle. which means youll look like a little girly man if you jog everyday.

[​IMG]

sprinter

[​IMG]

long distance runner
    test
  5. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

yea but don't jump right into it at first. your joints need to adjust and you don't want to hurt yourself. i recommend doing it everyday just to keep the body fat down and your endurance up.
    test
  6. LiveFromThe781

if youre just trying to keep bodyfat down do some extra incline walking for 15 mins or so.

even though i have a fast metabolism and stay relatively lean, i put on some fat and lost the little double-chin just cause my new gym was further and i had to walk 30 mins just to get back home...uphill
    test
  7. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

i'd rather run than walk. walking as a workout would make me feel like i was 75 years old.
    test
  8. LiveFromThe781

its just a way to keep your fat in line.
    test
  9. Graphx

Graphx Word? Word!

People over look walking because they think they're being lazy. Either that or they're impatient. Marathon runners usually aren't muscular...so if you're looking for the skinny but soft look then go run every day. Walking does the trick you just can't expect results in a week or two. When I'm on the treadmill I hardly ever have the speed above 4.0.
    test
  10. LiveFromThe781

theres a lot of bodybuilders who only do walking for cardio.
    test
  11. Ben Official

i have no idea what makes people want to be body builders. im not sure what people see in it. someone enlighten me
    test
  12. Graphx

Graphx Word? Word!

By that logic...what makes people want to do or be anything at all?
    test
  13. Ben Official

no, i didn't mean for it to sound like that. im genuinely curious.
    im curious why people strive to look like this:
    [​IMG]

is it because they think it looks good? is it because they think women like that? is it simply to see how big they can grow? or is it just so much fun to keep making gains that they don't want to stop? none of the above? i've always wondered what drives people to want to become body builders
    test
  14. KriminaL

KriminaL Guest

Yes, as has been discussed.

but depending on your weight right now is to the results you will get, if you're skinny and you go running whilst trying to put weight on and build muscle, it won't do shit for you.

Running/cardio - is better when you need to shred weight/fat and define muscle.

So if you're at the stage of building muscle and want to do cardio, don't over do it. You're probably better off just trying to build up stamina/endurance as recommended previously.
    test
  15. LiveFromThe781

are you under the impression bodybuilders walk around spray tanned and at 6-7% bodyfat COMPLETELY dehydrated every single day?

to answer your questions,

yes i do think it looks good

yes women do like it, i hear compliments on my body all the time.

and yes, it also is pretty addictive.

the only way you can fully understand is to indulge in it, completely.
    test
  16. R-One-Oh-Seven

R-One-Oh-Seven estd. 2001

Well I am not really arguing either side but I am just reiterating and elaborating on the fact that its actually true that men have a false perception when it comes to the attractiveness of muscles. Ask any man what they feel women deem attractive and they will say an extremely built physique almost every time. Where as if you ask a woman directly you will get a plethora of different answers, and an extremely well built physique is one of the lower percentage answers. Its documented fact taught in most health classes and displayed in gender role studies.

test
  17. LiveFromThe781

well, for one, theres certain biological "breeding signals" which are both physical traits and character that is instilled in all of us. facial structure, height, shoulder width, glute size, etc. and by lifting weights and thus chaning your physical features youre more able to manipulate these breeding signals. its a pretty simple fact that a bigger person is going to appear more alpha and therefore be more attractive, even if its just subconsciously to some women.

plain and simple though, girls like money. you have enough of that and it doesnt matter what you look like.

as far as bodybuilding though i think theres a line. most girls..or really anyone, are not going to find the mass monsters of today attractive. i should also point out that getting to that mass monster size is extremely difficult if not impossible for most of us. but Arnold Schwarzenegger was an extremely successful bodybuilder and even a sex symbol for a while, so obviously being muscular is seen as attractive. But theres a difference between Arnold and Ronnie.

[​IMG]

most girls seem to like this guy
    test
  18. Ben Official

i guess when someone says "bodybuilder" i imagine an enormously swollen, brute guy with disgustingly big arms. not someone like you just posted. i would say hes on the limit of what girls find attractive in terms of muscles.

but you don't have the physique of a body builder. i mean i think your a good weight for your height, and you appear to be in really good shape, but i wouldn't confuse your build with a professional body builders. personally, however, i'd probably rather have your body than a gigantic steroid freak any day.

i can understand the part about it being addictive and fun to some, but the part that always confused me was why people wanted to look that big. it confused me that they thought women found it attractive. but i guess i was more talking about the disgustingly big freaks who want to get as large as humanly possible
    test
  19. LiveFromThe781

im not sure the figure, but theres very, very few people as big as the ones youre talking about. bodybuilding has weight classes, and those guys everyone thinks are nasty are in the super-heavyweight weight class, the heaviest one. theyre on vast amount of steroids year round as well. its ok to look up to them, but i personall dont like a lot of their looks. i think for a superheavyweight though Dexter Jackson looks the best.

[​IMG]

but like i said not everyone is that big, or can even get that big if they tried. theres also natural bodybuilders

[​IMG]

and as you can see they are a lot smaller than their assisted counterparts, but impressive nonetheless and most likely getting a lot of attention at the beach.

bodybuilding is just so misunderstood that most everything about it is just erroneously lumped together and all these myths and stupid generalizations start.

i wasnt trying to say i looked like a typical bodybuilder either, i was just saying that im bigger than the average gym goer and women still find it attractive but youre right im not borderline monstrous, but then again my aim isnt Ronnie Coleman anyway.
    test
  20. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

as far as the what girls are into...

there are girls into those emo guys that wear girls jeans...but there are far more girls that like a guy that's built...

the way i'm built 270-280 is the ideal range for me and I've never had a complaint from a girl.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.