can someone verify this?

Discussion in 'Smack Down!' started by Mick Foley, May 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mick Foley

Mick Foley Cant Kill Me

May 25, 2003: The NWA and WWA (World Wrestling All-Stars) World Heavyweight titles were unified when NWA World Champion, Jeff Jarrett, pinned WWA World Champion, Sting, to unify the belts in Auckland, New Zealand.

i just want to make sure this is true
    test
  2. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

just checked the nwatna site and they havent said anything yet...
    test
  3. masterragu

masterragu Sweep The Leg, Johnny!

Credit 411:

WWA The Reckoning
    Reported by: James Cardno of nzpwi.co.nz

Commentators: Borash and Glen Gilberti
    Ring Announcer: David Penzer

5000+ seats were available, and the arena was pretty much sold out, although the hard camera side was pretty sparse. At least 4000 people in attendance.

Show opens with a Maori group (aboriginal culture of New Zealand) performing a haka. Set design is based on New Zealand/Maori culture.

1) Rick Steiner def Mark Mercedes

Mercedes, a talented Australian wrestler from Sydney's IWA federation, cut a heel promo that played on the NZ v Australia rivalry.

Sting Promo
    Sting gets some face heat, claiming he's "Back in Black" like our rugby team (rugby being a national game akin to gridiron, the All Blacks being our national side).

2) Midgets
    Teo d Puppet and Meatballs

3) Crowbar def Konnan

4) 4 way elimination match - NWA/TNA X-Division and WWA Cruiserweight title both on the line

Chris Sabin d Jerry Lynn, Frankie Kazarian and Johnny Swinger

I've *GOT* to editorialise on this... fucking GREAT match. Some of the spots you had to see to believe... The four wrestlers all linked submission finishers in a chain (Sharpshooter, dragon sleeper, neckbreaker sleeper etc etc)... just... I don't want to editorialise too much, but in person, it was STUNNING. Worth the price of the PPV on its own.

Sabin is now WWA and NWA champ.

5) Joe E Legend d Sabu

Match was scheduled as Shane Douglas v Sabu, but Douglas broke his arm in Australia. Legend and Douglas cut a promo riding down ECW and WWE before the match (the crowd, largely ECW marks were ABSOLUTELY behind Douglas at the start)

6) Bret Hart Promo

7) Jeff Jarrett d Sting to become the unified TNA/WWA champion

Finish of the match saw Legend run in to take out Sting, and Rick Steiner returning to take out Legend. Steiner then hits Sting to give JJ the cover. Great match again, complete with Jarrett strut and LOUD pyros.
    test
  4. Corey Feldman

Corey Feldman Generalissimo Abzkada

Yeah, that was on the WWA PPV. I don't think it was actually aired here yet, so that's probably why TNA hasn't acknowledged it yet.
    test
  5. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

Or TNA web team is on vacation at NasCar races so they cant update the site...

ask MIKE TENAY he will know!
    test
  6. Corey Feldman

Corey Feldman Generalissimo Abzkada

Yeah, the web team is probably just Jeremy Borash anyway, and he was probably busy name-dropping somewhere.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.