Can someone give me all The metal gear Games for Ps2..In order of release dates

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by FaceLess, May 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FaceLess

FaceLess jook is my dad..

i am pretty new to being a gamer.lol

And want to play them in order........
    test
  2. da_after_shock

da_after_shock New Member

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty
    Metal Gear Sold 3: Snake Eater.

Metal Gear Solid 1 was on PSX, and the original metal gear was on nintendo.
    test
  3. Cane

Cane Guest

metal gear solid 2 - november 12th 2001
    the document of metal gear solid 2 - september 24th 2002
    metal gear solid 2: substance - march 3rd 2003
    metal gear solid 3 - november 17th 2004

if you really wanted to name all the metal gear games, from the nes, to the msx, to the xbox, with all the special editions, i'd be typing more than you'd feel like reading.
    test
  4. FaceLess

where does the story line start?
    test
  5. Cane

Cane Guest

it started with Metal Gear in 1997 for the msx home computer. the story was set in 1995 with snake inflitrating outer heaven after grey fox goes missing.

or you could say it starts in the 1960s in metal gear solid 3.

god this is the greatest series of games ever
    test
  6. NaSh

NaSh o_

metal gear solid was brilliant, 2 was fuckin boring and i aint played 3
    test
  7. FaceLess

cane..i guess my question is if i start playing the game at metal gear solid 2 the first ps2 release will i be Lost as far as the storyline goes? being that i havent played any of the games before it
    test
  8. Cane

Cane Guest

yeah, you kinda will. sorry.

what you could do, is read the story behind 1. in mgs2, they have a long, loooong story you can read before you play sons of liberty(2) that explains what happened in 1. did i mention it's long? anyway, if you don't want to do that, try this...

play metal gear solid 1. if you don't like the psx graphics, which bugged me, i suggest the twin snakes. i'm a diehard metal gear fan and if this game didn't live up to almost all my standards i wouldn't reccomend it, but it did, so i suggest you play it. it's a perfectly enhanced version of 1. nothing taken out, you won't miss anything the people who played 1 on psx saw. it even added first person shooting, which 1 on the psx didn't have.

then play metal gear solid 2. see it through to the end, to me it's a masterpiece. you could play the original sons of liberty, or the "substance" version, which is the exact same game ported over just with virtual reality missions added on for when you're not playing the actual game.

when you're done that, play metal gear solid 3. another masterpiece, ESPECIALLY the ending. it's the greatest ending i've ever seen.

as for the nintendo versions, just read about them. you don't have to play them. it helps but it's not needed. i suggest doing a google or yahoo search on "the history of metal gear gamespot" and it'll take you to the history of the metal gear games, as written by gamespot. that'll tell you pretty much all you need to know about the early versions and more.
    test
  9. FaceLess

word up....You are the man Cane......Good looking partna

Now..any other Game that have great storylines that i should know about??

I dunno..i Beat brothers in arms yesterday and that storyline left me with a dry taste in my mouth........
    test
  10. FaceLess

are the splinter cell games storylines any good?
    test
  11. FaceLess

the resident evil games had good storyline yet i got lost somewhere down the line.lol
    test
  12. Cane

Cane Guest

the splinter cell games are good. since they're tom clancy games, they feel completely clancy. united nations, terrorists, cover-ups, world news, all that stuff. they're good but unless you're completely into govornment conspiracy type things like that they'll be good, but not great.

if you're into rpgs, i suggest final fantasy x. unless of course you've played 7, 8 or 9, or even 2 or 3, then nosalgia might kick in and x is a totally different beast from the past final fantasy games, but the story is just absolutely wonderful. i've played alot of ff games and it's my far my favorite.

for story though, i'd suggest silent hill 2. very human, very emotional. delves deep into the scarred human psyche at the core and does it very well. give it a try. just stay with it, as the first hour or so is mostly running around, but once you get into the apartments and after that it just gets better. it's a game that just gets better right until the end. it also has one of, if not the greatest soundtrack i've ever heard in a game, which can lend itself to the story really well. it fits the mood perfectly. do yourself a favor and play this in a room as dark as possible, with the best tv and sound system you can get ahold of. it's the best that way. very psychological and visceral, unlike any other survival horror which is either "BOO!" horror, or just cheesy. silent hill 4 is a little scarier, but not as great storyline wise.

resident evil lost me at 3. the timeline has just been done to death and dragged WAAAAY out. i loved 2, and think it's still one of the best games ever made, but after the gamecube remakes i just got bored. i'm yet to try 4, which i hear is good.
    test
  13. FortiFied Killa

FortiFied Killa New Member

nothing in my opinion will ever compare to the Metal Gear Solid series, but give the two Max Paynes a look. Number 2 in my books
    test
  14. Ax Cess

Ax Cess Huh...

man if you're into stories get Final Fantasy Tactics for ps, that game is a real masterpiece with a very mature twisting storyline......its a good 20+ hour game that will keep u entertained throughout the whole experience. That game right this is the single greatest thing to ever carry the name final fantasy
    test
  15. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

I've played MGS1 & 2, but 3 isn't on PC, goddammit. I'll never be able to play it.

Definitely play MGS1 first, nobody wants to read a 300+ page book on a computer screen that goes into more (unnecessary) detail than the game itself did.

Max Payne 2 is much, much better than 1. 1 pissed me the fuck off because your enemies were psychic. They ALWAYS knew where you were and it was impossible to sneak up on them unless the game intended you to. If they spotted you and you ran around the corner, they'd start blasting the wall at the exact spot where you were standing. When you tried to dive out at enemies who DIDN'T know about you, they'd react with superhuman speed and blast you in the face with a shotgun before your shoulders even reached the corridor. And Max looked a twat.
    Both games are very short and quite easy, but 1 was frustrating.
    test
  16. DennisFT

DennisFT New Member

how I spend my free time on the internet

spam
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.