Can someone give feedback on this equip

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Pokerface P-Loc, Dec 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pokerface P-Loc

Pokerface P-Loc aka Northpole P

WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE , ADD , REMOVE , REPLACE , AND PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY... THANX (THIS IS FOR A MOSTLY RECORDING RAP/HIP HOP AND R&B)

Samsung B2430H
    Retail price: $363.00
    Your Price: $329.95 + FREE Shipping
    24" Widescreen LCD Computer Monitor with 5ms Response Time, 20,000:1 Dynamic Contrast, and 1920x1080 HD Resolution

Qty:(1) Microboards Quic Disc QD-DVD-127
    Retail price: $599.00
    Your Price: $599.00 + FREE Shipping
    1 to 7 DVD/CD Copier with 16x/48x Speed, USB 2.0, and Included Software

Qty:(1) Digidesign Pro Tools Custom Keyboard

Your Price: $105.00 + FREE Shipping
    Computer Keyboard for Pro Tools Systems — PC

Qty:(1) Auralex Alpha-DST Roominators Kit
    Retail price: $429.00
    Your Price: $399.00
    Acoustic Treatment Package Including DST-112 and DST-114 Absorption Panels and LENRD Bass Traps - Charcoal/Burgundy

Qty:(2) Sennheiser HD 280 PRO
    Retail price: $149.95
    Your Price: $99.95 + FREE Shipping
    Closed Circumaural Headphones with Collapsible Design

Qty:(1) Alesis M1 Active MkII
    Retail price: $549.00
    Your Price: $299.00 + FREE Shipping
    Active 75W/25W Bi-amped Nearfield Monitors with 6.5" Woofer (pr)

Qty:(1) Rode NTK
    Retail price: $999.00
    Your Price: $529.00 + FREE Shipping
    Large-diaphragm Vacuum Tube Condenser Microphone

Qty:(1) Glyph GT 050Q 250GB
    Retail price: $255.00
    Your Price: $175.00 + FREE Shipping
    250GB Quad Desktop Hard Drive

Qty:(1) Sweetwater Custom Computing Creation Station Tower Core i5 3.2GHz
    Retail price: $1999.97
    Your Price: $1499.00
    Desktop Computer with Intel Intel Motherboard, Intel Core i5 3.2GHz CPU, 2x Seagate 500GB SATA Hard Drives, and 4GB DDR3/1333 RAM

Qty:(1) Digidesign 003 Rack+ Factory
    Retail price: $1695.00
    Your Price: $1695.00 + FREE Shipping
    FireWire Audio Interface with 8 Mic Preamps, Pro Tools LE Software, and Bundled Plug-ins
    test
  2. Pokerface P-Loc

Pokerface P-Loc aka Northpole P

test
  3. AyerpBeats

AyerpBeats *Certified Hitz*

uhhhh whats the problem thats a good setup. get it and take a picture
    test
  4. Storyville

Storyville New Member

You didn't mention what kind of Preamp you are using.
    test
  5. capItal eyez

capItal eyez Member

The monitors would be the first thing I'd change, Also check out foamforyou.com has way better deals then auralex.

And I'd go with a Blue or Nuemann Mic over the RODE personally.
    test
  6. 1ne Moor

1ne Moor New Member

set up sounds pretty cool. I do agree though with the microphone comment. Rode is dope but Neuman is that jump off. It would behoove you to use a nice pre with that though like a avalon or universal audio 610. but im a little jealous you got more than I got lol
    test
  7. Mr. ROUSH

Mr. ROUSH WWW.SOUNDCLICK.COM/ROUSH

I would do several things different.. skip the creation station.. get a mac.. I promise you'll thank me... I have a creation station.. they're as good as any recording pc gets pretty much but got nothing on a mac... also.. of the top your hard drive is way small and you'll run out of room pretty quick.. I'd at least go 500, but 1TB would be a solid investment since you get it at a much better value..

With PT 9 your interface options are considerably better than ever.. personally I would look at something HD like a rosetta... you could definitely spend this amount of money much more to your advantage..

If you take no other advice from me.. please take this advice... SKIP the Factory.. you don't need it when you consider you could save a ton of loot getting at least just the rack.. then maybe put the extra cash into a better mic.. or maybe a pre-amp.. I hope you're not planning on just using the 003 pre's.. they're barely average compared to adding any high end pre and especially the pre that matches your mic and voice etc..

scratch the pro tools custom keyboard.. not hardly worth the price.. get one on ebay if you must have it, but you don't need it..

Those monitors aren't bad but I would consider stepping them up as important as they are.. check out some jbl's or some adams

mic suggestions... I love my u87 and my ma-200.. the Manley cardoid reference mic is sic.. a lot of good mics out there at $1000 and up as for getting the most for your dollar.. but remember that u87 might sound great for most and sounds like shit on 1 in 10 or so..

I can't stress enough how much I would consider going mac though.. it makes life sooooo much easier.. and this is coming from someone who was a pc cat for over a decade.. a mac is an investment and even at the inflated price it will pay for itself twice or more compared to the money you will drop on pc's... there truly is no contest on any level.. go with the i7 processor and you'll thank me.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.