can someone explain to me this part from "one mic"

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by -rOCz-, Feb 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -rOCz-

-rOCz- soundclick/rocz

That's really interesting... but unless that's been confirmed by Nas I think that guy's looking way too deep into things
    test
  2. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

lol @ that headcase shit. It all adds up, I wouldnt put it past Nas, I dunno if its true though. He wasnt really calling himself Gods son all that much back then...
    Not like a rapper would normally use an alias
    test
  3. MicMyth

MicMyth Active Member

lol at them not taking it literally at all....
    and their theory being completely reading between the lines.

Some people read into things too much. There ya go.
    test
  4. !ron HorSe

!ron HorSe New Member

lmao
    test
  5. !ron HorSe

!ron HorSe New Member

lol @ imbarrased
    test
  6. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

Nas decides to put away all of the gold chains and such, speaking that all that he needs in his life is a microphone to be powerful, and not money and women. We all know Nas' other nickname is God's Son, a.k.a. Jesus Christ. Hence the line "Jesus died at age 33, there's thirty-three shots" is not just storytelling, but speaking of Nas himself. Nas released this album at age 27, and announced he had three more albums in six years, hence when he retires, or "dies", in this case is age 33. Hence the lines: "Which means, one of my guns was holdin 17, Twenty-seven hit your crew" is therefore broken down like this. In counting from 1991, which is when Nas entered hip-hop when he was "27" to when he is set to retire, it is a "17" year distance. Hence the line "six went into you" speaks about the "six" years he has left in hip-hop. For the rest of Verse 2, Nas speaks about his mentality changing as a prophet to a gangsta, as he speaks about the shootings and variety of things he glorified on albums such as It was Written and I Am.

That explanation for the numbers is pretty tenous.

"Tell God to forgive me for one sin, matter fact maybe more than one, look back at all the hatred against me, fuck all of them. Jesus died at age 33, that 33 shots with twin glock, 16 apiece, thats 32, which means one of my guns was holding 17, 27 hit your crew, 6 went into you."

From the rhyme it's broken down with one glock having 17 rounds and the other having 16 = 33.

So how does that tie into the 27 hit your crew and 6 went into you...?

He wasn't rapping for 27 years, so he couldn't hit anyones crew for 27 years... and how can the last 6 specifically go 'into you' and not hit anyone else, if he's speaking about it in a metaphorical sense of how long he has left in the game.
    test
  7. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

The shit doesn't mean anything... what's jesus dying at age 33 have to do with any amount of shots? Why does only ONE gun have a bullet chambered with a full clip, and the other one only have a full clip? Why 27 + 6 and not 10 + 23?

He just said Jesus and then started throwing in numbers to try and make the shit sound deep.

"hmm Jesus... he died at 33, let's see... 16 + 16 = 32... damn, I need another bullet, this shit don't work. I've got to mention Jesus dying at 33. I know, I'll just say I got a bullet chambered and add the shit up. What's the punchline though? Fuck it, nobody will notice." - Nas thought process while writing that line
    test
  8. snowy

snowy 39k Rap Song Music Folder

Whatever it sounds good to me whenever i hear it.
    test
  9. Holiday Styles

Holiday Styles Let's Go Flyers

Nas decides to put away all of the gold chains and such, speaking that all that he needs in his life is a microphone to be powerful, and not money and women. We all know Nas' other nickname is God's Son, a.k.a. Jesus Christ. Hence the line "Jesus died at age 33, there's thirty-three shots" is not just storytelling, but speaking of Nas himself. Nas released this album at age 27, and announced he had three more albums in six years, hence when he retires, or "dies", in this case is age 33. Hence the lines: "Which means, one of my guns was holdin 17, Twenty-seven hit your crew" is therefore broken down like this. In counting from 1991, which is when Nas entered hip-hop when he was "27" to when he is set to retire, it is a "17" year distance. Hence the line "six went into you" speaks about the "six" years he has left in hip-hop. For the rest of Verse 2, Nas speaks about his mentality changing as a prophet to a gangsta, as he speaks about the shootings and variety of things he glorified on albums such as It was Written and I Am.

^^damn...that's crazy..
    test
  10. Max Ayodele

Max Ayodele Godfather

Nas is intelligent but I doubt this breakdown is correct. Thats reading way too much into the song

Nas needs to explain how he got that extra bullet, plus the shit don't make sense how all that ties with Jesus Christ

Either way its still good thought provoking shit
    test
  11. Mel Man

Mel Man Wat ya'll bout to witness

I agree but I also think the breakdown is on point..that's why One Mic is such a classic song.
    test
  12. acurate3522

acurate3522 WATWUZUTHINKIN

Intriguing......
    test
  13. Holiday Styles

Holiday Styles Let's Go Flyers

^^ who siad that quote in ya sig....i cant remember
    test
  14. acurate3522

acurate3522 WATWUZUTHINKIN

Busta Rhymes, on "Together" off his last album (I think)
    test
  15. Tupac-Nas

Tupac-Nas Illmatic

It's called creativity, plain and simple
    test
  16. vandalism

vandalism the king

hahaha.. oh shit, man

that could not have been more wrong if you tried

1) He says Jesus died aged 33
    2) 27 x 6 is not 32
    3) 27 + 6 is not 32
    test
  17. Dee-Zy

Dee-Zy Free Willy!!!

Well that whole Jesus ---> God's Son -----> Nas would make sense if he is considering retiring at 33.

He has been callin himself God's son.
    test
  18. bigcfk24

bigcfk24 New Member

^How old is Nas now?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.