can i lose 20ish lbs by dec 1st?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by kobe cryant, Nov 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KevinGarnett.

KevinGarnett. Anthony Anderson is GOD

probably not, or not in a healthy manner anyway.

do skipping, and hit a heavy bag in 2 minute rounds for 3 or 4 rounds.
    test
  2. kobe cryant

kobe cryant straight cash, homey

ya i box usually on tuesdays, so ill be sure to work that in during warmups n shit
    test
  3. KevinGarnett.

KevinGarnett. Anthony Anderson is GOD

if u can do it more than 1 day a week u will see great weight loss and toning
    test
  4. STOP SNITCHIN

STOP SNITCHIN NO HOMO

Stick to a regular lifting schedule
    cardio / sports
    adjust ur diet, limit the carbs you take in and go high protein / healthy fats
    test
  5. kobe cryant

kobe cryant straight cash, homey

i honestly never do cardio when i work out aside from the occasional 10 min run n shit, so that might be it, ima work on that
    test
  6. do the velocity diet with nothing but metabolic drive shakes... should do it... there some people that can loose 15lb per week on it
    test
  7. Hank

Hank i trane ufc bro

don't fuck with that treadmill shit, its boring and you'll end up lookin like these kenyan distance runners.

do some intense skipping, and hit the bag hard for as many 3 min rounds as possible. you will see great increases in strength, ripped muscles and lose weight, trust.

i been doing boxing for about 6 months now, it is better than usual boring gay cardio.
    test
  8. Snik Diesel

Snik Diesel Hey there buddy!

Thats not completely true, it's very subjective, I personally have a lcd in front of my tread, along with an mp3 player and I like it. I personally also like certain ellyptical machines.

It really depends on your goal and your frequency / volume / intensity. In this guys case, it might very well end up making him look like a long distance running (skinny / soft).

You're only going to start losing muscle when you go for long periods of time / aerobic/performance speeds and do it consistently with a lifting schedule because you'll start to burn protein for energy. Either way, if you up your caloric intake to match your cardio, you can help avoid this. This wouldn't be great for dude because he's not looking to really "gain". But I digress.

It's a known fact that many bodybuilders during cutting phases will walk for 45-1hour at around 3mph in multiple weekly sessions because it uses fat as a secondary energy source instead of carbs after about 15 mins, which fluctuates with each person. This method helps retain muscle. In fact, walking in general dependant on speed can be quite beneficial. It may not seem like it because you're used to working up a big sweat or what not.

If you do moderate cardio a couple times a week for 30-45 mins during a gain/ bulk phase you don't lose muscle. I can attest to this while still doing a 4 day split.

High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT), for tightening up and losing some weight this is supposed to be the best method.

So with that being said, I would say the boxing methods described would probably work for you to meet your goals, but it's not the ONLY way to go about it.
    test
  9. Pistol Petee

Pistol Petee Pussy Eater

did it work ?
    test
  10. J o o k

J o o k Guest

[dunno].
    test
  11. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

test