can i lose 20ish lbs by dec 1st?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by kobe cryant, Nov 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kobe cryant

kobe cryant straight cash, homey

ok, so im 185, i gained ~20 lbs since the start of summer cuz i was lazy and started eating shitty etcetcetc. im 5'11 so its not thaaat bad but when i gotta get in shape for my basketball league. im thinking about eating 3 times a day, with a protein bar in the morning and multivitamins + fish oil. and going to the gym everyday for about 1hr. but ya, any suggestions?
    test
  2. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

learn to speak english first.

next you need to be more specific.

youre talking about losing a pound a day. and for someone who's never done this before ill be honest its not gonna be easy.

dont eat 3 meals eat 6 or so, break them into smaller incriments. multivitamins dont make you lose weight either. im sorry i dont even think youre serious.
    test
  3. -GZ-

-GZ- Posts Unfunny Pics

starvation diet

eat 1 meal a week
    test
  4. KriminaL

KriminaL Guest

^ it worked for me.
    test
  5. LiveFromThe781

i <3 this forum
    test
  6. Snik Diesel

Snik Diesel Hey there buddy!

One month is completely unrealistic.

More than 1-2lbs a week would be a stretch and be unhealthy, and you're talking about 6-7.

This should be interesting.
    test
  7. kobe cryant

ok i just weighed myself this week im 183.5, i'll see wat i can do i'll post updates each week, we'll see how it goes

LFT781 go f yourself, i would always gain weight in the summer and lose it during football season in HS and bball season, idk if i can lose 20 lbs tho thats alot, we will see tho, i'll be fine with 17 by dec 1st
    test
  8. LiveFromThe781

youre 5'11 185 and you want to lose 20 pounds?

L
    O
    L

so are you trying to be anorexic? because youll only be about 5 pounds off from looking that way if you actually by some feat of ignorance reach your "goal".
    test
  9. kobe cryant

y r u making me feel bad abt myself bruh. we both from MA, go celts/pats. cmon gimme some moral support/help me out.
    test
  10. Snik Diesel

tons of water, higher duration cardio (walk/jogging), lower weight when lifting.

Don't starve yourself tho, your body will just make up for it by compensating when you start to eat again by storing thinking it has to get through another starvation period.

You could probably lose water weight easier just to make weight or whatever, but gain it back later. If you want to stay at your lower weight, you'll probably not want to go that route.
    test
  11. kobe cryant

its not so much getting to 165 but i wanna get healthy/cut again. i am gonna be drinking alot of water, good idea. thx
    test
  12. supacilious

supacilious master of ceremonies

i don't think it's possible...

the only way i could see this happening is if you go into an uninhabited area and survive there with only a knife until dec 1...

otherwise...just continue to diet and exercise...im sure you'll lose a good amount of weight...just not 20lbs
    test
  13. Snik Diesel

He could always just sever his limbs.

*Warning: This option may be detrimental to sports.
    test
  14. LiveFromThe781

whats so special about december 1st? its not like thats the start of spring break or anything
    test
  15. kobe cryant

nothing, just wanted to set up a timeline
    test
  16. LiveFromThe781

well set up a realisitc one so you dont kill yourself.

you arent going to drop 20 pounds in a month. especially when youre 5'11 180. thats an average weight. if you were 5'11 300 then it would be possible.
    test
  17. ~Matty P~

~Matty P~ Whats Good Son?

word up..5'11 185 is normal..you should stiick with that weight, and start hitting weights...fat turns to muscle..drink mad water..and definately eat 6 meals a day..well, not meals..small meals..portions..fruit in the AM, different fruit b4 lunch..a salad or sandwhich for lunch..afternoon snack..a normal size dinner..and some veggie snack a couple hours b4 bed or sumtin..your stomach is like a fire place..you feed it, it burns..3 large meals a day is tougher on your metabolism than 6 small meals a day
    test
  18. LiveFromThe781

fat doesnt turn into muscle, thats a myth.
    test
  19. kobe cryant

ya i feel u, thx. im prob not gonna drop 20 lbs, but im looking to get cut again, i just have a beer gut. i can still bench like 250 which is good for my weight i think. but ya so far im sticking to the regiment, i've been going to the gym everyday and eating healthy.
    test
  20. ~Matty P~

~Matty P~ Whats Good Son?

true..ok..fat slowly burns off which in turn slowly brings out the muscle..good job malden...yo do you no mark cardarelli?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.