Can I Get This STICKY?

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by eM-T, May 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eM-T

eM-T Because We Are

Serious Poets WE NEED YOU!!

to the realm....

aight guys, I have a beef with the realm and rather than complaining about it I would like to make some attempt to fix it. If I fail, I am glad to do so trying.

I was ManMadeofAshes, for those who used to know me. I left for a long time for the problem I think everyone here (who really cares about this place) has felt before and frequently. Ofcoarse it winds down to sleepers. I am back because I remembered why I love this place. Despite its problems there is a sense of community that I enjoy. Beyond that we are all doing what we love, and what place is better to share something you love? Common intrests are what bring us together despite obvious differences. (like me playing the role of asshole athiest haha, but I love all you guys who stick up for your beliefs too)

THIS IS MY PROPOSITION.

- I want to do a little sign in. The only way to stop the sleeping is to make a deal. If someone responds to you, you get them back.... period. Now you can base your length of responce on theirs, but to return the favor seems... obvious.

To anyone who signs up, I will hit up every peice they have on the first page. I will make the initial effort to show that I am serious. When you get me back I will keep it going. (push me and Ill push back) I know a lot of people care about the realm, so obviously they are the ones I would like to participate. The thing is, I try to hit a variety of people up, but a lot of people just dont have time of just dont care. Either way, it gets old FOR ALL OF US.

*if anyone wants to add something in here, give feedback, I would appreciate it.
    sign in on this thread if you want in. I don't care how many sign in, I will stay up all night to get at everyones poems. I am just tired of the people who dont care. I find myself not caring and also acting like a real prick. lets pull together huh??

-Mind~Soul. I can't go back to my name ManMadeofAshes because he is dead. That is to say, I quit smoking cigarettes. I did unoriginal cause I was tired of feeling like there were "clicks" that I behonged to... but now I realize some people care more than others, so it makes sense that we would continue to support one another. SOooo yea, but I never used em so I could post more than 2 threads a page. If case you thought I was being a bitch like that or something.

Okay Guysssss. Hope to get some names in here
    some people I had in mind who seem more active...
    ofcoarse, the more the bettter. If you got the time, please sign in.

UFO
    Philly 215
    Quotive
    Realms
    A Guy with a Pen
    Screamer
    Brit Boi Gee
    Absolute Zero
    Johnnie French
    Mind~Soul
    Soul Sovereign
    Bhitiah
    Madnick
    MisterEThoughts
    Chyll Tyrant

(and Im sure I forgot quite a few)

-the list is just so the people I have butted heads with before I don't want to think I don't respect. We are a community and I feel comfortable speaking my mind, thought my grace of words could use some improvement. thanx guys.

-eMpTy
    test
  2. Mind~$oul

Mind~$oul I'm Pretty

I'm kinda feeling the idea. I'll sticky this and see how it works. And man you dont need to kill yourself trying to reply to everything in the realm man lol.

X Mind Soul
    test
  3. Bhitiah

Bhitiah Powerful Scriptures

Yeah this sounds cool...but basing your replies on people who have replied to you is kinda i dont know...i think people should be making a real effort to reply to alot of different people...Like, I aint gonna reply to this person casue they never reply to me, u know?
    test
  4. eM-T

eM-T Because We Are

no I feel ya bhitiah, and the concept is just returning the favor. I in no way want to limit replys to just the people who respond to me... if anything we should try to encourage them to "jump on the band wagon". Changing my name I have experienced how a new name fucks a lot of people up, and is probably a reason a lot dont last in the realm. I have given a lot of feed back in proportion to my drops (10-1) as this name. (2 poems 20 posts - this thread and what Ive posted in it) and very few of those people have responded to me. These are people who responded to my old nick however.... its almost like an assumption that they newcomers are going to fade away. ... so I am ALL ABOUT encouraging them. Since the realm doesn't have rules we should just hint towards a general expectation have for one another based on respect. appreciate your responce.

mind soul... I dont want to kill myself either.. and I am not going to. I want to have a tight community and I want people to know that their feedback is appreciated. Besides I get on these kicks where I respond to tons of poems all at once... and I know you know how that is cause I see you do it all the time!

more more more!
    test
  5. RealMS

RealMS Ne te quaesiveris extra

I wonder who you fooled...I mean, who here in the realm knows that one man band? (besides me-barely to say the least) Hello? lol, you gave me so many leads as to who you were, but anyway-what day is it now? (that you quit smoking?)

I'm signing.
    test
  6. UFO the Phoenix

UFO the Phoenix I DONT BELIEVE IN ALIENS!

I knew you were ManMadeofAshes!?!?!....you had me trippin for awhile there

anyway

I like this concept....sign me up....

We need to be on some PAY IT FORWARD type of replys....for everyone ONE reply you get pay it forward to 3 other poets....and tell them to pay it forward as well.....next thing you know NOBODY is being slept on

if they dont pay it forward then we put their name on a list and nobody peeps their poems until they go and pay it forward

hahaha....might sound harsh but I think this a dope idea

what do you think Elo Poe?....(the idea came to me from reading your frustration with the realm and why you dont post anymore....just feels like people dont care)
    test
  7. eM-T

eM-T Because We Are

cool ufo, I like the idea. What we have to figure out from here (and why I simplified it to simply returning the love to those who give it to you) is how to diversify "pay it forward". In otherwords, if it is the choice of the poet who responds to your peice to tell you what next three threads to peep, how do we keep those next 3 who got peeped from repeating the order (too severly). Should we finalize the sign up list so that we can tally who is getting peeped, and just do a repeating order? I think that is the only way it can work, that is, it BE ABSOLUTELY SURE no one who participates gets slept on.

any suggestions anyone? Lets make this happen. (good feedback UFO)
    glad you and realms are on board.

Realms haha.. ya fuckin you and UFO are too observant. Though, I thought if anything would give it away it would be my abundance of anti religious poems haha.

May 4 and its been 2 months cigarette free!!!

MORE MORE MORE!!!!
    test
  8. RealMS

aww I'm glad to hear that *congrats to you* you know you did reply to one of my pieces and signed it -ashes, that's what gave it away.

I think those who are just reading this and not signing in will get the point of what is going on, and most probably start replying. Either that or just stop altogether. Whatever's whatEVER with me.
    test
  9. Bhitiah

Bhitiah Powerful Scriptures

Nah, I'm with you...I was just saying...replying to JUST the people that reply to you just simply isnt enough, but most definately you should reply to at the very absolute minimum to those that replied to you....but you should make a sincere effort to reply to others as well....
    test
  10. absolute zero

absolute zero Among the living

sounds good to me
    test
  11. eM-T

eM-T Because We Are

cool absolute. Checked out the realm and you got nothing posted on the first page, so I will hit up your next drop first thing. Glad you signed in.
    test
  12. screamer

screamer New Member

yeah my friend is an anthropologist, she's all obsessed with tribal society. she says there's unwritten laws that people obide to (she's also an anarchist).. if they dont they get punked or boycotted.

I dont know about the "pay if forward" deal.. UFO> I cant help but be a smart-ass about it.. soem of the people that you said "pay it forward" to didnt have a post, or already had twently freakin comments. (and the other one the font was so dam small I could read it).

So I will continue to do my thing. comment to those who need comment. and If I get "black listed" I will best be one my way to a new tribe, preferably off the damn computer and on the open mike.

peace y'all

(p.s- I have seen an unprecidented explososion of creative talent on this site.. thats why I am takin the time... you guys are freakin awesome)

and I would rather have one good thought out comment (UFO your so good at this) than get 10 that say:

nice poem! Enjoyed the flow!-- it's a waste.

Quality not quatiity, isnt that what the Chinese say???
    test
  13. Poetickz

Poetickz The Humble One

signin it
    one
    test
  14. UFO the Phoenix

UFO the Phoenix I DONT BELIEVE IN ALIENS!

^good point....perhaps instead of replying to 3 random poets....we should select poets that should get feedback....to those that respone to others

they should get DETIAL feedback.....reply with more then just "oh that was tight"....

for example the same "pay it forward" concept...but only to those that we see responing to others.....and give them in depth feedback

how could we organize that so everyones involved and everyones responing and the only poets being slept on are the ones who never pay it forward

holla
    test
  15. eM-T

eM-T Because We Are

simple, you respond to the people (at the minimum as bhitiah pointed out) that respond to you. If we do a good job people will start to want in.

and to screamer, that is why I added in, base your responces on what they give you. That is, if they took the time to peep the poem and atleast drop a line, do the same... nothing special. If someone gives you a detailed message, you should put forth the same effort to them. The more we push this the more tempting it will become for people. All it demands is the desire for equality. The oppertunity to get back what you put forth. Its the only way to keep the poets excited.

I like pay it forward UFO, but it seems it would be a lot of effort to maintain a sense of fareness. I think that the original concept is simple enough... you are already peeping the replys to your thread, simply make note of the names, hit them up, and if you got time try to hit up as many unfamiliar names..... start showing people what we want from the realm.

just my take.

screamer, poetics. I will hit up what you got posted after my math class tonight. As for now, I must be off to my modern social problems class. (its a long bike ride)
    test
  16. Madnick

Madnick Modern Laureate

Yeah I'm down for this EmT .. I think that it is a really good idea and it should be being done without anyone having to say or type these words ..
    test
  17. RealMS

<---free will :wink:

no limits
    test
  18. eM-T

eM-T Because We Are

cool cool...

THIS IS THE LIST SOOOO FAR (Poets who are IN)

eM-T
    Realms
    Screamer
    Bhitiah
    Poetics
    Absolute Zero
    UFO
    Mind~Soul

8 poets = 7 feeds per poem MINIMUM!!!!

Absolute, still waiting for you to post, and I will get at you

Poeticz and Madnick (I am on my way)

everyone else... I got ya (cept UFO, I will check you out just to make sure... dont remember) Aight guys, lets really push this and let the realm know we mean business!! Respect the people who respond. If they catch on, they will be added to the list... if they dont... well eventually people will catch on and they will have poems that get peeped but not responded to (something that always makes me wonder WTF) ... but then again.. I like to think I am talented, but who decides that?.... not me (unfortunately..)
    test
  19. eM-T

eM-T Because We Are

POETICZ & Absolute Zero - waiting on you to post. You are priority. Thank you for signing in. UFO. Looks like I got you. Madnick, IM ON MY WAYYYYYYYYYY
    test
  20. Pent uP

Pent uP I'd Like to Fight Ten Men

i do this shit at least once a week
    Pent uP

if gets ME more views
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.