Can Blacks Feed & Clothe Themselves?

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by Crates, Jun 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crates

Crates Well-Known Member

I thought this was an interesting thing this couple did.

test
  2. Crates

Crates Well-Known Member

I'am sure my title caught some people's attention.

But can you point out some Black communities in the U.S where the food and clothing bought by blacks in those black communities are largely supplied by black owned businesses?

If white and Asian owned businesses were to pack up and leave the many black communities where they operate businesses who would be left to feed and clothe the blacks living in those black neighborhoods? Blacks? I mean that couple had a difficult time finding a black owned grocery store and Chicago must have a million black folks who I bet like most blacks across the U.S spend a billion dollars a year on nearly every product.
    test
  3. Alias3000

Alias3000 Well-Known Member

Well there you have it.
    test
  4. Crates

Crates Well-Known Member

I really feel that this angle needs to be injected for contributing to the decline in black capitalism.

Another reason that can be added to the de-emphasis on black business ownership is the anti-capitalist and pro-marxist views that developed among many black revolutionaries in the 60's. The Panthers for example were very anti-capitalism. These pro-marxist views have influenced the thinking of many in the black community futher moving blacks away from the need to emphasize business ownership. The problem was that the Panthers and others had adopted an economic view that didn't create much wealth. As we can see it was a HUGE mistake turning blacks away from capitalism. Capitalism is the only way you're gonna have economiclly self-sustaining black communities.
    test
  5. Alias3000

Alias3000 Well-Known Member

Speaking as an honest gut-check from the hood Black person, i will tell you from what I see...and that's a LOT of LAZY, SHIFTLESS, FINGER-POINITING negroes in the hoods of America still having withdrawals from the Jim Crow era. and it's gonna take an act of GOD to fix them.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.