Can anyone put a finger on what it was that made Micheal such a superstar?

Discussion in 'The R&B Haven' started by Teen Prodigy, Feb 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teen Prodigy

Teen Prodigy Short2003's e-child

He was talented in a lot of different ways.. but what's the largest thing we can attribute to his success as an artist?
    test
  2. X sample

X sample New Member

good songs?
    test
  3. sagacious infant

sagacious infant reflecting the sun

Michael was the total package. He had a great voice, he could dance, he was cute - overall entertainer.
    test
  4. Ixtlan

Ixtlan emceeingain'tforyou...

Aside from his own musical instincts the fact that MTV tore the barrier's down made it much, much easier to be commercially viable. And he was cut from the mold of James Brown... We needed another great solo artist. He came at the right time, had the right tools and a great launchpad on the biggest music television network smoking...
    test
  5. Teen Prodigy

There are plenty of people with 'good' songs.. but Micheal Jackson is the largest international music star the world has seen outside of maybe the great composers of yesteryear.

Micheal was bigger than Elvis... bigger than anyone born in the last 100 years.
    test
  6. RnBFan

RnBFan New Member

test
  7. Speedy Gunzalez

Speedy Gunzalez Awareness is my Alias

Narrowing it down to one sole contributor to his success would be anaytical error. Like sag infant said, he was the "total package" and all the qualities of his many talents must be analyzed to determine why he was such a large success.
    test
  8. X sample

X sample New Member

nope...not bigger than the beatles...i dont think he was bigger than elvis either...

maybe money earned? but thats irrelevant considering the time difference..
    test
  9. Ixtlan

Ixtlan emceeingain'tforyou...

I wouldn't say bigger than Elvis or The Beatles.
    Elvis is still the biggest money-earner among those no longer in the land of the living.
    And many consider The Beatles one of the best (if not the best) musical act of all-time.
    test
  10. rexinator

rexinator New Member

In terms of talent...Michael > Beatles, Elvis...Sure, Beatles might have had a stronger following but even that is arguable...Michael had the total package and will go down as the greatest performer ever.
    test
  11. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Naw duke, it was the other way around... Michael MADE MTV... his videos and star appeal were undeniable and MTV HAD to put him on... he "created" that network.

"Thriller" and "Billie Jean" are perhaps two of the best videos of all time... hell, many videos from the '80s crush any of those made today... Aha's "Take On Me" and Peter Gabriel's "Big Time" come to mind
    test
  12. X sample

X sample New Member

lol dont be stupid...

the Beatles absolutely revolutionised music in a way that had never been done before and hasnt been done since...

they created not just a musical but a SOCIAL revolution...

they had something like 7 out of the top 10 places on the charts AT THE SAME TIME..

just imagine that...having the number 1,2,3,5,7,9 and 10th placed songs on the billboard charts...all at once..

simply incredible
    test
  13. Teen Prodigy

The beatles... yes, but I think Micheal is or was a larger international star...as in.. Micheal is better known in more nations around the world.. even those that do not speak english.
    test
  14. Speedy Gunzalez

Speedy Gunzalez Awareness is my Alias

Actually so were the Beatles...
    test
  15. X sample

X sample New Member

wrong again..

its a very subjective thing to judge though...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.