Cam Newton

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by Crates, Sep 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crates

Crates Well-Known Member

Another 400yrd day.

What are you seeing for the Panther's season?
    test
  2. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I was hoping we can win 8 games this year... and it's still possible if our defense can play more consistently... and if our running game gets into gear, because we can't continue to rely on Cam... he's gonna continue to make some rookie mistakes, although he's been impressive... the O-line needs to improve their run-blocking... we gotta be balanced if we're to win some games this year... I think the NFC South is up for grabs... the Saints, the Bucs and the Falcons are all beatable.
    test
  3. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

If they get that running game on track they'll have a lethal offense. Steve Smith is energized, they have a ton of speed at TE and solid linemen. They have a very potent offense.
    test
  4. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Jeff Otah is injured... he's important to the O-line with run-blocking... they miss him dearly.

And Jon Beason is out for the season at middle linebacker... he's probably the best player on the team.

Hopefully, they'll be able to overcome those losses... but they can't abandon the run... Cam might need to start blocking, as big as he is, you know... he hands the ball off and scoots right out of the way real fast.
    test
  5. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

Cam is producing a lot more than expected. The Panthers D is still pretty shitty, they can't get their running game together with what used to be the best backfield in the NFL, and Cam needs to cut down on the turnovers. I think there is still room for improvement but that means cutting down on Cam's yards per game. It's probably a lot more ideal he is between 200-250 yards and Williams/Stewart combine for about 120 yards rushing per game if they want to win.
    test
  6. Sin-Razone

Sin-Razone UnR3450n

cam got the first win yesterday. they have potential to make great things....one thing you can rely on is to cam to build some receivers...
    test
  7. ~Eloquent

~Eloquent Narcissistic....

Cam Newton has played against pretty good competition so far too,theyve played a lot of close games just dont know how to win them yet
    test
  8. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

We'll be lucky to get 3 wins.....but this season is going so much better than last year.....eventually we're gonna start winning these close ones....just might not be this year
    test
  9. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

A few of those losses, I blame on the coach... Cam definitely lost the last game... I know it's a TEAM game and all... yadda yadda yadda, but those INTs were costly at the end... the line play has been inconsistent... they just can't seem to put it all together for one game so far... I mean, every aspect of the team has had their share in these struggles... they have yet to play the perfect game in all areas, including coaching.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.