Calzaghe v Lacey

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by Kid Caramac, Feb 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syza Koza

Syza Koza New Member

He's talking in terms of marketability in America.

He wants a few fights under his belt in order to maximise the income they'll both recieve when they fight.
    test
  2. ~OMagic~

~OMagic~ Well-Known Member

He wasn't talking about marketability son... I know you like ur boy Hatton a lot but there comes a point where you gota tell the truth. Every boxing expert agrees that Hatton is not ready.

I mean, everyone hyped up Lacy cuz of his power and this and that... But look at all of the boxing experts predictions, they were choosing Calzaghe because there comes a point where you gota tell the truth.
    test
  3. Ed E Brock

Ed E Brock RM's version of this guy

Hatton looks like a little old man lately. I don't think he could beat his meat without getting winded.
    test
  4. Syza Koza

Syza Koza New Member

Actually, Lacy was the favorite, even by English bookmakers. And almost every boxing expert or fans opinion that i heard pre fight was saying lacy has too much raw power for him. Every one except brits and a minority anyways.

Hatton will win, we'll see.
    test
  5. ~OMagic~

Then you must pay attention to some horrible boxing experts...

Calzaghe was some what the underdog because the media made him the underdog. Most real boxing experts knew Calzaghe would most likely get it done.

Ricky Hatton wouldn't even beat the likes of Castillo let alone stepping up to Floyd.
    test
  6. Syza Koza

Syza Koza New Member

We'll see.

You've all seen like 3 hatton fights and have concluded hes a bum, even though hes beaten someone who was top 2 p4p.

Hatton can beat Mayweather, Cotto, Castillo, Gatti, Baldomir, all of them.
    test
  7. ~OMagic~

Nobody ever said Hatton was a bum... At least I didn't.

The only people on that list im convinced he can beat are Gatti and Baldomir.

This isn't like a Lacy vs. Calzaghe comparison where the only thing Lacy could do better than Calzaghe is punch hard. Hatton can't do anything at all better than Mayweather. Hatton is known for applying a bunch of pressure, and even Mayweather does that better than Hatton even though he isn't noted for it.

If Hatton thinks his sub par defensive skills are gonna be able to get him a win against Mayweather he has another thing coming.
    test
  8. Ed E Brock

Ed E Brock RM's version of this guy

Nah, Hatton has more credibility to me than Calzaghe does, that's for sure.

But Hatton vs Gatti is a good match.... Hatton vs Mayweather... eh... I dont see hatton having any chance. Mayweather's not going to just stand and take hattons hard shots to the body.

It's gonna be rough on Ricky. Mayweather dances around people like he's sparring. He's always in great shape, fighting 25 rounds and more with no breaks alternating sparring partners... he can't tire out. And his punches are laser guided.
    test
  9. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

Much respect for Lacy. He gave a lot of respect to Calz and didn't just talk a bunch of shit in the post-fight.

What a fuckin beating lol
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.