Calzaghe v Lacey

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by Kid Caramac, Feb 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Final Chapta

Final Chapta End of Story

how wrong i was ..

.. props to dude - lace didnt show ANYTHING tonight
    test
  2. dun dun dun dun

dun dun dun dun New Member

Two words: loaded gloves.

Hahaha, just playing. I'll give Calzaghe his due. He put on a boxing clinic tonight.
    test
  3. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

i told yall you cant be so confident against calzaghe......i had my doubts......my doubts seemed to be correct
    test
  4. ~OMagic~

~OMagic~ Well-Known Member

Calzaghe put a clinic on tonight.

I see a lot of potential in Jeff Lacy and this loss should help him in my opinion... I am a Jeff Lacy fan but in the back of my mind I've always thought of him as being pretty one deminsional. The reason he's had so much success being one deminsional is the fact that dudes were intimidated by him, so when they got into the ring with him they didn't think they could win which led to them getting beat on.

Calzaghe fought the perfect fight, he kept constant pressure on Lacy and wasnt intimidated at all by him.

I didn't respect Calzaghe before tonight cuz he's been ducking and dodging some boxers for some time. But after the clinic he put on tonight I can do nothing other than give him his respect.

Lacy will still be an exciting fighter, but if he doesn't work on a few things he will not be as dominant as his potential will allow him to be.
    test
  5. Syza Koza

Syza Koza New Member

^props.

I just hope the corner not taking him out when he clearly was spend don't come back to haunt him later.
    test
  6. dun dun dun dun

I don't think this loss helps Lacy at all. I think thanks to Calzaghe, Lacy will never be the same fighter again. But that still doesn't mean that he can't be an excellent fighter.
    test
  7. Kid Caramac

Kid Caramac New Member

Lacy can still dominate this weight class, Calzaghe is moving up and the rest of the division is weak, Lacy will need a few confidence boosting fights. Then he can win a title again.

As for Calzaghe there are rumours he could take Tarver in the future. Im pleased that hes finally getting his props, even from a lot of UK heads cos a lot of them doubted him saying he fought bums.
    test
  8. Syza Koza

Syza Koza New Member

I'd like to see Calzaghe unify with Kessler maybe.. or as you said.. move up and fight tarver or RJJ.. finally get the big payday, the retire possibly unbeaten
    test
  9. ~OMagic~

~OMagic~ Well-Known Member

If Lacy is the fighter we all think or thought he was then this loss will do nothing but help him. Give him a reality check that not everyone is gonna just let him hit them.

I think Lacy was a little over anxious to go overseas to fight in a great champions backyard. Lacy should have had some more tune up fights against better opponents.

Calzaghe fought basically a perfect fight and I like him more now because he didn't just sit on the lead. He came out in the final round the same way he came out in the first round. He fought just like a veteran as well, he held Lacy at the perfect moments throwing off Lacy's timing. Calzaghe would pop his shots in and move away right as Lacy would brace to swing.

This should be a good learning experience for Jeff.

On another note... Don't think that if Jeff moves up this is gonna allow Lacy to dominate this devision forever, because last summer Jeff Lacy said he planned on moving down to middle weight to grab a belt, as well as moving up to light heavy to grab a belt.

As a matter of fact after he las fight he said "Tarver I want you next year in Tampa."

After what happened tonight I dont know if that would go down tho.
    test
  10. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

bwuahahahaha.

Good shit Rippy.
    test
  11. dun dun dun dun

This fight reminds me of Hopkins/Trinidad with the grizzled veteran putting on a boxing clinic while neutralizing the effectiveness of his opponent's left hook and other punches.

Just a bit more brutal.
    test
  12. Ed E Brock

Ed E Brock RM's version of this guy

Lacy got walked by a fucking nobody.

I wonder if he was drunk. He looked exhausted by round 2.
    test
  13. Cornrow Wallace

Cornrow Wallace New Member

Good shit. I didnt expect Calzaghe to win like that...crazy.
    test
  14. kcab

kcab New Member

good shit calz just made me $25,000 richer
    test
  15. Worthiest Words

Worthiest Words New Member

how wrong was you hahahah...you don't know anything about boxing do you kiddie. Joe beat a world class boxer and made him look like an amateur.

"YOU GOT PAYPAL, YOU GOT PAYPAL" , son shut the fuck up...hahah you'd be so out of pocket if you wanst so broke now..

Seriously I bet you were near to tears and so frustrated watching Joe beat the living shit out of lacey.. You must of had that same shitty look that lacey's promoter had ringside.

That fight was so EASY EASY EASY hahaha...
    test
  16. Kid Caramac

Kid Caramac New Member

Lacy is just another overhyped boxer, who is put up against weak opposition to make him look unbeatable. It showed last night as he had no plan b he just kept going forward and looked quite predictable. As for your guys saying Calzaghe is a nobody or a bum he had fought many more fights than Lacy beforehand and had beaten better opposition.
    test
  17. dun dun dun dun

Lacy has the talent and the potential, but factor in his lack of experience and the fact that Manchester is a fucking scary place to fight in if you're an American and you're facing a British fighter.
    test
  18. the Prince

the Prince New Member

but all british fighters are bums. right?

calzaghe had me laughing at the end of the 2nd round when he was in his corner and told his trainer "he cant punch shit... he can fuck off"

lacy is another overhyped fighter that you kids with no boxing knowledge buy into. americans arent the only ones who box you know
    test
  19. dun dun dun dun

Don't be a prick and start putting words into my mouth. I picked Lacy to win because Calzaghe wasn't too impressive in his last few bouts while Lacy destroyed Pemberton and Reid. I knew that Calzaghe possessed the speed and technique, but I thought Lacy's brutal power would catch up to JC.
    test
  20. R3flex

R3flex Smackin Ya Manses

Yeah, Yeah. Cal won. I was wrong. I believed the hype. Congrats to the fans & the man himself. Cal showed excellent boxing skills, and did exactly what I thought he would do. I kept saying if he can keep Lacy at bay with the jab & follow with the power, he'd win it easily. I was just wrong in thinking that Lacy could do anything but look foolish. Everytime he got inside, he let Cal hold him. Cal knew the game, he knew all Lacy had was power.

Cal is an excellent tactician, i'm convinced now. Lacy has GREAT potential though. That power will earn him many bucks in the future. You can teach a man to box, you can't teach a man how to punch with power. He fights too much like an amateur though. Plus his stamina was horrible. He was gone after the first punch. He's just too green right now. Not taking anything away from Cal though, he did everything right.

Enjoy this one for now my British friends, we'll be back! We always come back!!! lol

Congrats guys.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.