calories burned during cardio?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by ESPN Deportes, Feb 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ESPN Deportes

ESPN Deportes ¬°Viva Atleticos!

Do any of you work with target number of burned calories when doing cardio exercise? I know it all varies from person to person depending on weight and number of cals consumed in a daily diet, so I'm curious if there is any set percentage you might want to hit?

I'm not trying to lose weight, but I want to know what I need to do on a consistent basis in order to effectively burn fat.

I remember seeing on Keeping Up With the Kardashians, former Olympic Gold Medalist Decathlete Bruce Jenner told Kim, "I don't worry about calorie numbers... I worry about sweat. If you ain't sweatin', you ain't workin'." I've pretty much gone by this same philosophy too, but I was seeing if anyone hada more scientific, clinical approach.
    test
  2. spanish jay

spanish jay hustle hard

i dont believe you have to sweat all the time son

you can take a long walk on a cool day and not sweat...and walking is very good cardio
    test
  3. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

walking is not very good cardio unless your are morbidly obese. it just burns calories.
    test
  4. 3ternal

3ternal Stay hungry my friend.

Nah man, no counting calories. I just make sure I get good work in. For me that was a nice 30 minute run, or like 15 minutes of HIIT.

The only thing I ever used walking for was recovery days where my legs were too sore to run. For example on a day after legs when I'm too sore to run I would make sure to get in a very light set of squats focusing more on the contractions. And then also go walking for 30 minutes.

What that does is keep blood flowing as well as relax muscles while burning calories. Essentially it turns your body into the most efficient muscle building and fat burning machine it can be. You put on quality dense muscle with no need to ever cut so long as you stay active. Only thing with active recovery is your diet needs to be right and I also highly recommend taking glutamine which will help preserve muscle because with all the activity you will really be pushing the anabolic/catabolic balance. but if you do it right you will pretty much put on muscle while getting cut at the same time and feel the hardest/strongest you've probably ever felt.
    test
  5. Snikka

Snikka Vision Action Execution

I feel like this type of question has been beaten to death.
    test
  6. spanish jay

spanish jay hustle hard

walking a mile burns 100 cal...if you walk 2 miles a day...thats 1400 son a week...
    test
  7. supacilious

supacilious master of ceremonies

i would be more concerned with time and intensity of the cardio...

so jenner's approach is fine as long as you do the exercise for an appropriate amount of time...sometimes people overestimate how much work they are actually doing...
    test
  8. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

ok theres a difference between just burning calories and increasing endurance.
    test
  9. jaz08

jaz08 New Member

About me, I also don't measure how many calories i burn during my cardio exercise.. I just do 30minute brisk walking each day to stay fit.
    test
  10. shawnwilliams

shawnwilliams New Member

My best Cardio exercise is Bicycling, because outdoors or indoors, cycling gives some great cardio. Using all the power in your legs, you'll increase endurance while burning lots of calories, anywhere from 250-500 in 30 minutes, depending on how fast you go and how high your resistance is.
    test
  11. boxing can burn 600 cals in 20mins, sparring or on a 50-100lb bag
    test
  12. JoeGhettoBear

JoeGhettoBear New Member

interresting info guys :D
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.