California All Star Battle Team

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by eX-I ThunderHut, Oct 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sympyl

sympyl New Member

i think whether you decide to kick freestyle or written, it doesn't matter. the better man will still win. if your strong point is written, why would you bet against yourself and spit freestyle?

it's all about written anyways. you don't wanna hear an album that's freestyle. why you ask? because an mc's best shit comes from their written shit. why settle for anything less? if i hear an mc i want to hear what they can bring, really bring. so many mc's out their can't freestyle. if you go written vs written you'll so much better battles.
    test
  2. AgentofKarma

AgentofKarma New Member

thats what performances are for sympyl.....

off the top battles are so much better because people can diss each other on a more personal level...im actually tryin to put out a mixtape/album that is all freestyles, and it would be ill...its one of my favorite things to hear someone kick a really ill line of the top...its a feeling you cant recreate with writtens...some peoples freestyles are WAY doper than their written shit too...and some emcees dont "write' at all like BIG and Jigga...and thats why their shit is so ill because straight flow sounds different from written flow...i think the best tactic is freestyling or rhyming in your head and then writing it down, itll sound better...

i dont think theres anythin wrong with a written punch or two in a battle, but my opinion is if you can't flow off the dome, you need to practice until you can.
    test
  3. eX-I ThunderHut

eX-I ThunderHut New Member

TRUTH SPOKEN!
    test
  4. sympyl

sympyl New Member

oh, i see. it's just different for me i guess. i mean, i get all hyped up too off dope shit i hear off the dome, but writtens will always be doper than freestyles, nobody can argue with that.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.