calicoe and animal cruelty

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by Easyyyy, Jul 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. auryn55

auryn55 Member

agreed.. isn't the goal to pique the interest of those unfamiliar with battle rap, not draw their ire? sucks that there'll now be people believing the pathetic actions of one dumb fuck is representative of the subculture's mindset as a whole.. or that battlers would actually go to such outrageous and moronic extremes for the sake of 'enhancing' their image.
    test
  2. SunkenDPr0

SunkenDPr0 Well-Known Member

lmaoooooo dead at an RM post being the reason someone behind bars
    test
  3. slimjames

slimjames Member

this the type of shits you keep off cam

SLOW IT DOWN

i said.

this the type of SHIH TZU keep of cam
    test
  4. feijoaz

feijoaz Active Member

test
  5. uuuuuuuuu

uuuuuuuuu DOUG MUNNIE ~EZmunnieCLIQ

black people will understand
    test
  6. D-Lor

D-Lor Well-Known Member

okay. now it gets real
    test
  7. D-Lor

D-Lor Well-Known Member

Dogs are great :)

But i will say this. I think it's perverse that some people hold their dogs in higher esteem than their fellow human beings.
    It's sickening how some people consider their dogs a "part of the family" but don't give a damn about children starving in Africa, or hell, in their own neighborhoods, especially if said children are of a different race, religion, or ethnic background.

Also, the whole "dog fighting" thing reeks of cultural bias. I am 1000% against fighting dogs, but is that any worse than how we treat our factory farmed chickens hogs or cattle?

The same type of people to excoriate members of our urban ghettos for such "savage" practices are the type that would get back from Barcelona talking about how running with the bulls was such a transformative experience.
    test
  8. feijoaz

feijoaz Active Member

would be funny if he performs via jail phone calling collect at summer madness
    test
  9. StringerBell818

StringerBell818 New Member

test
  10. Atlas THUGGED

Atlas THUGGED 3And1THIRDZ

:jaydamn: repped
    test
  11. IronsWrittens

IronsWrittens Well-Known Member

test
  12. MRsalesman

MRsalesman Well-Known Member

hahahah what a fucking idiot calicoe is, at least he got his 15s of fame.

may i ask, how old is dude? he behaves like a 14-20y old with something to prove.
    test
  13. WillyDeLaMuerte

WillyDeLaMuerte New Member

its safe yo say that calicoe may soon be the most known battle rapper...

master plan perhaps??? hmmmmmm -_-
    test
  14. iDealaeDi

iDealaeDi New Member

moving threads is usually lame. it's rare that we get an off topic subject on this forum, and when we do it's usually loosely related but gets moved...

crooked I has shown support for the battle scene, but when his mixtape was recently posted to bva, they moved it to off topic, where nobody will see it, because they are homos who need to feel like they did something important.
    test
  15. Korey

Korey Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have no clue why they keep being moved. Makes zero sense to me. Hmmm
    test
  16. KaseyJohnson

KaseyJohnson New & Improved

That's why they need to make me a Mod...
    test
  17. Korey

Korey Well-Known Member

lol ever since this whole Calicoe animal cruelty deal popped up I get nothing but ads for animal rights shit anywhere I go online.
    test
  18. feijoaz

feijoaz Active Member

im thinking this could actually work in his favor if he doesnt get stung for it...
    test
  19. Korey

Korey Well-Known Member

I cannot even begin to fathom the amount of anxiety, dread, paranoia, impending doom that Calicoe is undoubtedly facing right now. In some ways, despite what he's done, which I find thoroughly reprehensible, I actually feel sorry for dude right now. If, hypothetically, nothing happened legally over this, I would still say the punishment he's received is more than adequate. Shitloads of people are calling him out on being a cruel prick and a moron via twitter, facebook, etc, his entire image - and who knows, maybe his entire rap career - is tarnished for good now, he has news articles and videos that make him look like a complete embecile plus an asshole, his phone number is out there and he is most likely being harassed horribly, and the list goes on...

I understand that there are many people that simply do not place a whole lot of importance on the lives of animals due to their lack of intelligence or whatever else when compared with a human or something. There's all types of factors you have to consider when it comes to deciding just how serious an animals life is. I think intelligence level lends itself a great deal to how morality of unjust treatment towards animals should be viewed. That, and the level of humanity - or lack of - involved in the abuse or killing. But I am no scholar on roosters or dogs of any kind so I'm not qualified to have too stern of an opinion on the ethics of this. I don't feel there's anything morally ambiguous about this though; I just can't quite place my finger on just how severe I feel it should be treated. I am somebody who cringes at the idea of an animal being abused harshly and in serious cases I think it is for the greater good that someone is informed about situations like this - the main reason being simply to stop the abuse of the dogs so that they may lead better, happier lives.

I however, am not someone who would resort to contacting the authorities in a situation of this magnitude. There's too many contributing factors that play in to how this whole ordeal should be viewed, many of which have been already mentioned in the countless threads the last week or so. It does not fill me with nearly enough rage to wish imprisonment on Calicoe. My only concern here is for the well-being of the animals. There are only very few situations that I can think of where I would feel no choice but to contact the police, and this isn't one of them. But once again, I feel a tremendous amount of sympathy for the dogs and I do not in any way look down upon any of the individuals who took the initiative to help these roosters and dogs.

By this point, I think we can all agree on one thing: that this was an incredibly unwise decision on behalf of Calicoe to incriminate himself in this sort of bullshit which he may or may not be actually involved in. Shit demonstrates a whole lot of absent-mindedness and a lack of judgement - both by filming it and putting himself out there like that, regardless of the authenticity of all the claims; and the fact that he may have involved himself in this shit if does happen to be true. It doesn't make me think the dude is evil or a completely horrible person; it makes me feel that he oughta be more mindful of the karma involved with things he involves himself in. I mean, we all do stupid shit without thinking and look back at it, feeling guilty and realizing how idiotic we were. I'm guilty of this in far too many situations than I'd like to admit to. He is, without a doubt regretting this shit so bad I'd hate to even imagine being in his shoes now. And I know the people really passionate and vengeful about this whole ordeal are going to argue that what he did goes far beyond just some stupid, childish decision, but on the real, dude's not Hitler. It is what it is I guess. But once again, I don't condone in it.

To add to this whole thing, I don't know why people have to constantly bring racist shit into it and make it a black and white thing. Some of the racist idiots on reddit and liveleak are bad enough, but then there's some of us that are joining in on the close-minded idiocy in this thread. Him being a (potential) black animal fighter does not and should not dictate the way anyone views the next black person based merely on the fact they share the same skin colour. The same way any white person's - or black, Asian, purple or pink person for that matter - opinion on this is not going to be a clone-copy of the next peron of the same race's just cause they share the same race. There's pieces of shit that do this shit and there's others that wouldn't dare and are completely against it. There's some of us that are pissed as fuck at shit like this and others that just don't place it overly high on the scale of immorality. Shit has nothing to do with race and it baffles me how people want to constantly use that flawed, child-like logic of making close-minded racist generalizations rather than viewing people as individuals. That collective hate shit is dumb as hell man.

And yeah, I'm white.
    test
  20. MaestroC

MaestroC New Member

Damn, he been inactive on twitter for so long for the first itme. Seen few newsanchor/journalist even RT him. Calicoe big mouth got him in trouble for sure.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.