calicoe and animal cruelty

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by Easyyyy, Jul 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Korey

Korey Well-Known Member

I cannot even begin to fathom the amount of anxiety, dread, paranoia, impending doom that Calicoe is undoubtedly facing right now. In some ways, despite what he's done, which I find thoroughly reprehensible, I actually feel sorry for dude right now. If, hypothetically, nothing happened legally over this, I would still say the punishment he's received is more than adequate. Shitloads of people are calling him out on being a cruel prick and a moron via twitter, facebook, etc, his entire image - and who knows, maybe his entire rap career - is tarnished for good now, he has news articles and videos that make him look like a complete embecile plus an asshole, his phone number is out there and he is most likely being harassed horribly, and the list goes on...

I understand that there are many people that simply do not place a whole lot of importance on the lives of animals due to their lack of intelligence or whatever else when compared with a human or something. There's all types of factors you have to consider when it comes to deciding just how serious an animals life is. I think intelligence level lends itself a great deal to how morality of unjust treatment towards animals should be viewed. That, and the level of humanity - or lack of - involved in the abuse or killing. But I am no scholar on roosters or dogs of any kind so I'm not qualified to have too stern of an opinion on the ethics of this. I don't feel there's anything morally ambiguous about this though; I just can't quite place my finger on just how severe I feel it should be treated. I am somebody who cringes at the idea of an animal being abused harshly and in serious cases I think it is for the greater good that someone is informed about situations like this - the main reason being simply to stop the abuse of the dogs so that they may lead better, happier lives.

I however, am not someone who would resort to contacting the authorities in a situation of this magnitude. There's too many contributing factors that play in to how this whole ordeal should be viewed, many of which have been already mentioned in the countless threads the last week or so. It does not fill me with nearly enough rage to wish imprisonment on Calicoe. My only concern here is for the well-being of the animals. There are only very few situations that I can think of where I would feel no choice but to contact the police, and this isn't one of them. But once again, I feel a tremendous amount of sympathy for the dogs and I do not in any way look down upon any of the individuals who took the initiative to help these roosters and dogs.

By this point, I think we can all agree on one thing: that this was an incredibly unwise decision on behalf of Calicoe to incriminate himself in this sort of bullshit which he may or may not be actually involved in. Shit demonstrates a whole lot of absent-mindedness and a lack of judgement - both by filming it and putting himself out there like that, regardless of the authenticity of all the claims; and the fact that he may have involved himself in this shit if does happen to be true. It doesn't make me think the dude is evil or a completely horrible person; it makes me feel that he oughta be more mindful of the karma involved with things he involves himself in. I mean, we all do stupid shit without thinking and look back at it, feeling guilty and realizing how idiotic we were. I'm guilty of this in far too many situations than I'd like to admit to. He is, without a doubt regretting this shit so bad I'd hate to even imagine being in his shoes now. And I know the people really passionate and vengeful about this whole ordeal are going to argue that what he did goes far beyond just some stupid, childish decision, but on the real, dude's not Hitler. It is what it is I guess. But once again, I don't condone in it.

To add to this whole thing, I don't know why people have to constantly bring racist shit into it and make it a black and white thing. Some of the racist idiots on reddit and liveleak are bad enough, but then there's some of us that are joining in on the close-minded idiocy in this thread. Him being a (potential) black animal fighter does not and should not dictate the way anyone views the next black person based merely on the fact they share the same skin colour. The same way any white person's - or black, Asian, purple or pink person for that matter - opinion on this is not going to be a clone-copy of the next peron of the same race's just cause they share the same race. There's pieces of shit that do this shit and there's others that wouldn't dare and are completely against it. There's some of us that are pissed as fuck at shit like this and others that just don't place it overly high on the scale of immorality. Shit has nothing to do with race and it baffles me how people want to constantly use that flawed, child-like logic of making close-minded racist generalizations rather than viewing people as individuals. That collective hate shit is dumb as hell man.

And yeah, I'm white.
    test
  2. XTHESPIDERx

XTHESPIDERx New Member

God reading you write makes me want to hang myself, you're an idiot to the extreme. No one on RM wants to promote the wrong message? Last time I checked Calicoe is in hot water because of someone on this thread! No one on RM glorify's dog fighting so what you've just type was irrelevant.

This whole Calicoe debacle is actually interesting to us RM people because it all started from RM due to Poems making a copy of the video and re-uploading it along with a facebook anti animal abuse page so it's relevant you stupid mother fucker! Please stop typing you sound like a faggot bitch!
    test
  3. martymcfly

martymcfly Well-Known Member

test
  4. Thick Frog

Thick Frog New Member

they threw this thread in OT???

shits battle rap related tbh...

smh wadup rm?
    test
  5. Poems 4 Man

Poems 4 Man Active Member

This was the thread that actually started it all, way back on July 2nd.
    Thank Easyyy if anything.
    test
  6. Hitchslap

Hitchslap Hate you

Nice, about to get this one moved too.

Thanks for uppin' it.
    test
  7. Easyyyy

Easyyyy #RNT

Wow

I sparked a fire with this one.the video was 3weeks old and then I posted it and Bam.
    test
  8. Easyyyy

Easyyyy #RNT

the actual video was 3 weeks old.nobody gave a shit until I made a thread about it.and then the rest is history

http://board.rapmusic.com/battle-video-archives/1329531-calicoe-shows-off-roosters-pitbulls.html
    test
  9. Poems 4 Man

tbh. I re uploaded it to utube a week ago right after it was removed and the posted it on reddit.
    It got 5k views in a day and then dropped of a cliff.

It wasnt until yesterday when someone else had postd it on liveleak.com and a new reddit thread that it really took off. Also if it wasnt me that reploaded it to youtube it would of been someone else. I saw on otbva someone said they were beat to it as they had saved the video for repload knowing it would eventually be removed.
    test
  10. SunkenDPr0

SunkenDPr0 Well-Known Member

yeah this shit went on cbs detroit.
    test
  11. uuuuuuuuu

uuuuuuuuu DOUG MUNNIE ~EZmunnieCLIQ

Calicoe tweeted that every 25 lbs he's been gaining between each battle event means 1 inch gained on his meat..... it was crazy fuckin homo tho i can't find it atm
    test
  12. _gp_

_gp_ _ C M Y K _

how do you feel about doing that?

i mean, are you satisfied yet? or are you wating on a conviction?

no trolling

*edit

or will you be happy just to see the animals get a second chance?
    test
  13. Wird of Pley

Wird of Pley I Slice My Own Ham

If that were true I would have gained like 3 inches of cock meat since highschool tbh.
    test
  14. Hitchslap

Hitchslap Hate you

^ Putting you at 5 inches of solid meat.

Stop making stupid threads.
    test
  15. IronsWrittens

IronsWrittens Well-Known Member

youll also be the one that would be responsible if lux/cal doesn't happen lmao

you'd be hated forever hahahaahah
    test
  16. Poems 4 Man

I feel pretty shitty about it actually. I didnt think it would go this buck.
    I hope he doesnt get charged, but I hope it will be a scare that may teach him to change his reckless and cowardly ways.

I feel bad for duke though, like if his moms and shit is seeing this on the news, its pretty fucked up... But I mean he made his bed really.

Plus the animals will be visited to see whats up.
    test
  17. _gp_

_gp_ _ C M Y K _

f'sho. i feel where you're coming from.

i honestly think its retarded as fuck that he does that and also that he thinks its impressive to people. i can totally see why someone would object.

but you're right. he made his bed.

respect for being honest, mayn.
    test
  18. Easyyyy

Easyyyy #RNT

Lol.fuck that.all I did was post a battle rapper related video on rm that was on YouTube. :math:
    test
  19. The Dentist

The Dentist Well-Known Member

willy, your troll game slipping like your running on ice.

[​IMG]
    test
  20. illipsis

illipsis Ill Collector

In b4 this thread is moved lml.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.