Buy Mass Effect

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by Vikto Beats, Nov 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vikto Beats

Vikto Beats aka Viktomajarmo

Fucking amazing game. Amazing graphics. Amazing story. Everything about this is wow. My boy found a store sellin em early, been playin it all night.
    test
  2. LokStok

LokStok Fuck that LokStrok cunt

I have someone on my list with a stealthed box .. saw him playing it .. asked him about it ..

reply was basically: "if you found/find Assassin's Creed boring and tedious then this is not the game for you. it's much more reliant on interactin with characters and sitting through lots of conversations. it is as sweet looking as A.C and if you have the patience and time for these games then it is worth buying."

.. I hate RPG's with a passion .. but Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic had me gripped until the end .. enjoyed it way more than I thought I would .. KOTOR2 was shit though ..

I plan on getting this though .. hopefully it has appeal for us non-RPG'ers ..
    test
  3. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

I bound to love this game. I Love RPG's. I love a good story. How good are the graphics? is it dull or not?
    test
  4. Vikto Beats

This mos definately doesnt have as much action as a.c, but I found a.c boring cause it was the same shit over and over. There is lots and lots of talkin but the story is fuckin amazing, its like you playin a movie. I'd say it has more conversations than KOTOR but overall is a much better game, all though I didnt get through much on knights. It's a tough call for peeps who dont play rpgs. I'm not a huge huge fan but I loved oblivion and Jade Empire. I'm more into the dumbed down rpgs. But this game does have alot of talkin, but the story got me hooked, I havent even tried to skip a cutscene. The action gameplay is ridiculous once you start figurin out how to use your upgrades, abilities, and team abilities.
    test
  5. Vikto Beats

Graphics are amazing, every cutscene is completely in game, nothin touched up or anything. I find myself just chillin and lookin at the enviroments sometimes, its ridiculous. Leveling system and upgrading is amaaazing. Just make sure to take the film grain option off the graphics when you start, for some stupid reason it starts with it and looks like asscheeks. Storyline will get you hooked, and you'll want to finish every sidequest. Only things I dont like so far is how they made the sprint button, its the same as the interaction button. You'll try to run off sometimes and end up talkin to someone or readin somethin. And the camera has an annoying glitch sometimes when you runnin uphill.
    test
  6. LokStok

I can see that little detail bugging me .. I still bemoan Gears Of War for the stupidity of have the cover and sprint share the same fucking button ..
    test
  7. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

I knew the graphics weren't going to be dull. Are you playing on a HDTV?
    I always do the side quest once I start a game, it really does bother me
    if I don't 100% complete a game. I also don't continuely play RPGS so It's possible
    I could make this game last about a month.
    test
  8. vinyl academics

vinyl academics vinyl academics

vikto.....if you're further in than me(5 hours).......does the framerate get terrible before big battles for you?........it SUCKS for me......badly
    test
  9. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

lol @ character interactions being boring...the only thing boring about assassins creed is the lack of character interactions inbetween missions......i mean you can kill folks gta style, but you lose sync....

can't wait to play this game.....but it's gonna have to wait...
    test
  10. LokStok

some people do find that suff boring .. just like some people will skip cutscenes if possible ..

I'm still waiting on my Assassin's Creed so can't really comment yet .. very mixed opinions .. although the majority seems to be that it's a let down and yet another overhyped game ..

So far it's mostly positive comments on Mass Effect though ..
    test
  11. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

eh.....i only skip cutscenes when they suck and/or you gotta sit through them too many times

the dialouge in a bioware game is so good though i allready know i won't be skipping shit, plus it's interactive so you basically feel like you part of the conversation instead of just watching.
    test
  12. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

man gamespot falling off with this new reviewer........Cause assasins creed should of gotten like an 8.5.....and it seems like everybody but gamespot gave Mass effect a 9 or better.....

but the same dude reviewed both games........
    test
  13. Vikto Beats

Havent gotten that far in yet, I just became a spectre. I'll let you know chump change.

And yes I'm on an hd it looks amazing without the fucking film grain.
    test
  14. Vikto Beats

The dialog will blow your fucking mind. Voice acting is amazin, and character emotions are on point. Feels mad real.
    test
  15. Vikto Beats

I'm just about 5 hours into it, I aint havin framerate issues at all. Shit is runnin beaut so far.
    test
  16. vinyl academics

i dunno....it was givin me major slowdown at certain points before and during battle

and the texture pop-in was crazy too.....but i really don't care about that shit
    test
  17. Vikto Beats

Ya theres lots of texture pop in, kinda gets annoyin durin dialogue sequences.
    test
  18. vinyl academics

yessir....but that shit's just there....doesn't really bother me at all.....massive framerate spikes on the other hand......
    test
  19. Vikto Beats

Ya now that I'm out doin side missions on those planets im noticin some slowdown too durin big fights. It's annoyin but I could live with it. Hopefully they're preparing a patch. :(
    test
  20. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

gears even had those texture pops and this is running on the same engine.....

i knew the framerate would be an issue just by the gameplay footage

almost bought it today, but i think i'm a hold out till next payday
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.