bulls get #2 pick in 2006 nba draft

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by the Prince, May 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G-Rob da great

G-Rob da great Fear moondog.

Ice said this was draft was as weak as Kandi's draft...

But it should be noted that the "number two" pick in that draft was Mike Bibby.

Paxson has built a pretty solid team through his draft choices and there's no reason to believe the Bulls won't see *any* improvement thanks to the Knicks.
    test
  2. cyphamasta

cyphamasta New Member

damn. i've never seen someone get sonned this many times by this many people.
    test
  3. double ML

double ML Guest

^^then you've never seen a thread from smile or wyte girl[funny]

i've sonned wyte girl so bad that she no longer posts here

smile's on his way out too
    test
  4. chickenwang

chickenwang (the) state of the art

ahhhhhh that's some sharp writing right there brah
    test
  5. J-A-B-B-A-R

J-A-B-B-A-R Knick Hater

Knick fans are getting owned left right and center here. lol. What's funny is they try to somehow justify or create a magical reason that their team actually has things under control. Seriously I feel bad for Knick fans...on second thoughts...i'm enjoying this very much...

Pz
    test
  6. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

In reality nobody yet can say this trade was terrible until the drafted playerhas proved himself to be better than Curry in NBA, Chicago is in a better position, but neither team have yet to improve after this trade.
    test
  7. Iceodu921

Iceodu921 Resident Sports Genius

avg nba carrer doesnt go towards curry hes str8 out of high school. ever hear of a guy named jermaine oneal howd he do his first years in the league?
    test
  8. Iceodu921

The bulls didnt have to trade him. They felt his heart issue was a big risk, thats the only reason they traded him. They did what they need to do but it still doesnt mean it was a bad trade for us. Sweetney is a decent player but noone to cry over. Lol @ Tim Thomas... and the two picks. as i said this pick doesnt matter as i dont see it being any1 of worth. Next year is the pick im worried about but i think the knicks have enough talent to turn it around and compete for a playoff spot so the bulls wont get a top pick. So you cant say it was a bad trade till u see next years pick.

Funny that you all can read into the future and can tell what curry will become. He's still young. hes what 24? Are yall really tring to tell me that a 24 yr old player has reached his ceiling? Come on get real.

get your facts str8 then come at.
    test
  9. double ML

double ML Guest

tim thomas > eddy curry
    test
  10. G-Rob da great

What a wack comparison.

He was in Portland playing behind Sheed' Wallace on a pretty stacked contender roster. Kind of like.. ever heard of a guy named Darko Milicic? Anyways, when O' Neal went to Indiana, he benefitted from spending time on the bench but also he was given this thing that generally helps a lot of players become great players: PLAYING TIME.

It's not like Eddy Curry hasn't been getting playing time. He's a starter.

Much like Kwame Brown.

Both of those guys have been given playing time and been in the league for 4+ years. I don't know how much better you could expect either player to get.

You can't assume every high school player needs four years to blossom, especially the ones who have had a generous amount of playing time.

Also, I don't think guys like Kobe, Garnett, LeBron and other high schoolers will play until their 43 years old. The average NBA career is probably somewhere between 13-16 years. Just because all these guys entered at age 18 doesn't mean they'll automatically tack an additional 3-4 years on the end of all their careers.
    test
  11. G-Rob da great

Well, if they felt his heart issue was a risk then yes THEY HAD TO TRADE HIM.

Did you not understand what I said? He refused to take the DNA test for Paxson and contract talks came to a stand still. Curry was a free agent.. they were going to lose him regardless but they got their dicks sucked by the Knicks in the process.

You make it seem as if Curry was just some random player under contract that they decided to trade. They were going to lose him one way or another to free agency and things had grown sour with the DNA test and contract negotiations between him and the team.

And no I'm not trying to tell you a 24 year old has reached his ceiling. I'm saying he's close to it. Stop talking "potential" with this player like he's fresh out of prom. This will be his sixth year and as I said previous post, he's had the playing time needed to showcase his skills. I'd say a 16 and 7 guy is about the best you can hope for.

Plus, most importantly- he's playing on a team with a bunch of ball thirsty guards.
    test
  12. G-Rob da great

Why thank you.

lol @ everyone talking about ice getting sonned...

But I'm pretty sure I son our "resident sports genius" like this on just about every topic except when he's talking about the Mets. I bet I'd need to watch no more than 35 baseball games a season including the playoffs to shit on his entire baseball knowledge database as well.
    test
  13. the Prince

the Prince New Member

everyone gets sonned on this board except me. i have never been sonned and you can dig up any thread you want to try and expose me. all sports almanacs list the Prince as a reference
    test
  14. G-Rob da great

I've been sonned a few times.
    test
  15. double ML

double ML Guest

double is unsonnable. on any subject, not just sports.
    test
  16. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

lol @ the average NBA career being 13-16 years.

hahahahaha.
    test
  17. Iceodu921

ive yet to be sonned in this thread or on the boards..

i stopped reading g robs agurements since their essays saying the same stuff i shot down already..

unless u can see the future u cant tell who got the better trade and thats that.
    test
  18. G-Rob da great

The average is actually 4 years.

For good players, I'd say 13-16 years is a good average.
    test
  19. G-Rob da great

[funny]
    test
  20. G-Rob da great

prince and double = unsonnable

ice = sonned himself when he claimed he never had been sonned
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.