bulls get #2 pick in 2006 nba draft

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by the Prince, May 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. double ML

double ML Guest

#2 pick in the 2006 draft > eddy "heart failure" curry
    test
  2. the Prince

the Prince New Member

iceodu has been sonned multiple times in this topic
    test
  3. G-Rob da great

G-Rob da great Fear moondog.

What "idiots"? I doubt one person on this forum would really disagree with that statement... they have a boatload of talent, but the wrong coach and the wrong system. They could at least sniff the playoffs with a few minor changes.

Yes my comment does have something to do with what you said. How likely is it that a top 3 pick in the NBA will be a bust? Wasn't the Eddy Curry deal essentially a sign-and-trade deal? In that respect there's no way the Knicks got the better end. The odds of a #2 pick in the NBA providing nothing to a team to make them "better" is virtually zero.

So yes, your team sucking makes them at least "better" since they were about as good as they were last year even after losing Curry and they have the #2 pick thanks to Knick suckitude.

Iceodu,

[​IMG]
    test
  4. cyphamasta

cyphamasta New Member

lmao!!!
    test
  5. J-A-B-B-A-R

J-A-B-B-A-R Knick Hater

*dies* @ heart failure...lol..how ironic
    test
  6. the Prince

the Prince New Member

[​IMG]
    test
  7. Iceodu921

Iceodu921 Resident Sports Genius

I seriously hope this was a joke. Do you know how many top 3 picks have been busts. And have you seen this years draft class? Thinnest 1 in recent history.

Their will be one great player from this draft and thats Hilton Armstrong. Their will be some nice players like Marcus but for the most part players are gonna end up in the nbdl. If high school players were in this draft none of these college players would go in the top five.

Adding a image doesnt make up for the fact that your agruement sucks. As Eddy Curry has more poteinal than an of these fools and anyone who doesnt see that doesnt know basketball.
    test
  8. double ML

double ML Guest

eddy curry has the potential for cardiac arrest.
    test
  9. Warpaint

Warpaint What now?

stop being a fan for a second.

how is acquiring eddy curry a win, with regards to giving away a 1rd pick. eddy curry has been a huge bust so far, and whoever they draft will be able to atleast average 13 pts and 6 rebounds.

his inside presence is horrible.

let's be honest here.

the knicks keep fuckin up, i mean i'm a blazers and telfair fan, but i can be honest and say they took him too high.

some fans can't admit when their team fucks up.
    test
  10. J-A-B-B-A-R

J-A-B-B-A-R Knick Hater

Knick fans:

Potential eventually fades when a player can't deliver...
    test
  11. G-Rob da great

You seem to have a problem understand what the word bust means.

What I said is that a highly highly doubt a top 3 pick in the NBA won't provide anything to a team to make them at least somewhat "better."

They might not pan out to be like all top 3 picks, but all we're talking is whether the Bulls will be better or not. That's in addition to likely having another lottery pick next year.

So with those picks from the Knicks, that doesn't make them at least "better"?

Fuck outta here.

We're talking about a team that Paxson has built through the draft with Gordon, Deng, Hinrich and others.

Lmao @ talking about Curry's potential as if he just entered the league. Ok, you hate on LeBron every chance you get and then you're going to tell me Curry hasn't reached his potential? Yeah you're right he hasn't, he had better years in Chicago than he did with the New York Kicks.

The loss of Curry only resulted in 6 fewer wins for the Bulls. How many additional wins did it add for New York? [funny]

As a fan of another central team, I'm actually kinda pissed that Isiah is fucking up things for us.

You got shitted on mane. Go away.
    test
  12. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

Potential fades away into kinetic greatness.
    test
  13. chickenwang

chickenwang (the) state of the art

lol how funny is that. because the knicks don't have a lottery pick, the draft is suddenly meaningless. funny how that will change the next time they have a lottery pick.
    test
  14. Iceodu921

Alla draft pick is poetinal and i dnt give up on a player...also dnt tell me last yr is the way he will always play. Most players who come into ny struggle their first yr. He was ona bad team with bad coaching..

Yes Isiah is a idiot and knicks management sucks.
    Yes i wish he lottery protected this deal.
    No I would not trade Eddy curry for any1 in this draft.

Understand?
    test
  15. chickenwang

chickenwang (the) state of the art

i don't know why.

the top 5 players in this draft offer potential, and potential leads to hope. and we all know the knicks could use some hope. there's no hope with eddy curry. we know that curry's going to get 25 one night then follow that up with 8 points, resulting in a 16.5ppg avg that couldn't be more misleading. but hey, it's your team.
    test
  16. _Organik_

_Organik_ Deaf Villian This Guy's

toronto better run shit this upcoming year.
    test
  17. Iceodu921

who in the draft has more potinal then curry?

and stop actin like hes some 31 yr old vet. and this draft is weak as hell..its being compared to kandi mans draft..it has nothing to do with the knicks not having a pick..its pure fact brudda.
    test
  18. G-Rob da great

He is.

Next year will be his sixth year in the league.

I don't know how long you think the average NBA career is but I'd say he can reach up and put his hand on the ceiling if he wants to.
    test
  19. G-Rob da great

Another thing, as I mentioned before... this was a fuckin SIGN-AND-TRADE deal.

The Bulls could not sign Curry because of his refusal to take the DNA test and contract negotions were at a standstill. If the Knicks had the cap or all of their MLE, they probably could've signed Curry outright and not have had to give anything away- he was a free agent and Bulls had no interest in keeping him (because of the previously mentioned DNA test and heart complications).

So in terms of what teams usually give up in sign-and-trade deals... the Knicks got fucked. Generally teams do not give up that much for the player a caliber of Eddy Curry.

Look at the Nuggets deal for Kenyon Martin a couple years back. Here we have two similar players (I'd actually prefer Kenyon because he has more heart-- emotionally and physically.. lol), both deals were sign and trades, but the Knicks gave up a shitload more.

The Nuggets gave up 3 1st rounders- but only one of the picks actually belonged to their team. The others were acquired from other teams. The Knicks gave up Tim Thomas (hey, he didn't play for the Bulls but obviously he can play), Micheal Sweetney, the number TWO pick in the upcoming draft, and the right to exchange picks next year on a team who is all but guaranteed to pick in the top half of the draft again.

Face it. Stop being biased. Paxson raped you guys no matter how much better Curry can be (which is minor, trust me- I hope you don't expect him to become Elton Brand or something). Even if it was just a straight up trade you might have a small point but the fact that it was a sign and trade and the Bulls couldn't keep him anyway makes it look even worse.
    test
  20. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

anyone who says the Knicks didnt fuck themselves in this deal is wrong. the only thing that can help them feel okay about the trade is the weakness of the draft. that makes it a lil bit better. but there are some guys in the draft who could turn out to be really good NBA players so i dont agree with that line of thinking. Next years draft has the potential to be really nice to. alot of those players that would have gone from High school to the pros are gonna have to prove themselves in college which can make alot of the guess work easier for the bulls when they take the knicks pick which will be in the top 3.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.