Brock > Mir

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Knowledge, Dec 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

We don't know Lesnar's cardio yet so I don't think that's a fair assumption to make. Who knows? Maybe he has incredible cardio?

And he made that fight one sided. And Joe Rogan was even talking about how some fighters don't care to finish. In that fight against Herring, it seemed like he wanted the fight to keep going to prove a point. Herring's corner was talking a lotta shit to Brock while he was coming out and he really really wanted to shut 'em up so it seemed like he wanted to put an exclamation point on the victory and just pound 'em for the whole fight (embarrass him)...

Last I heard, Brock was at purple belt level with his jiu-jitsu, which is extremely scary.... He's strong enough to muscle most submission moves on people. If he gets to black belt jiu-jitsu, heavyweights be scared (including Fedor)
    test
  2. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

Brock is a Blue belt, someone from his camp said something in an interview about him having the skills of a purple belt.
    test
  3. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

Yeah in my post when i mentioned Mir i meant to say he has the best chance of locking on to an arm or something and torquing the shit out of it. Mir is one of the HW JJ guys that moves like a MW on the floor. alot of the other HW BJJ guys are about positioning and strength. The other HW i think that can roll well with him is Gabe Gonzaga because of his size. Plus GG can strike very well he has the chance of catching Lesner on the feet then putting him out on the mat.
    test
  4. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

I'd like to see Brock win, but Mir put up a good fight.

That way, we'll get a 3rd fight and neither fighter will be in limbo.
    test
  5. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

I'd like to see Brock win. And its not because i like him at all, but i'd like to see the UFC have a semi dominant champ at HW. theres one at every weight class minus HW and LHW. I fully expect Machida to be that dominate champ when giving the chance. i think it makes things more exciting. and it validates the belts a little bit.
    test
  6. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I agree with Gonzaga on the stand up but can't agree with him on the ground. Not elusive and explosive enough on the ground, from what I've seen...

But I doubt Mir is gonna catch one of Brock's arms. BJJ artists know that when someone has incredibly strong arms AND is extremely explosive, it's hard to lock onto 'em for arm locks. Much easier to choke a big du' or get 'em in leg locks.

But I agree 100% on Mir being one of the few who moves well off his back and on the floor as a whole...
    test
  7. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I like the whole concept of knowing that the champ can be beat... One of the beauties in mixed martial arts to me is that fighter A can annihilate fighter B and fighter B can annihilate fighter C but that doesn't mean fighter C can't beat fighter A. Get what I'm sayin'? I like the whole concept of fighters all having weaknesses and certain fighters with certain strengths could expose it. Makes it wayyy more interesting to me....
    test
  8. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

I do to. But i like the idea of everyone chasing one fighter. if Fedor was in the UFC i would be very happy. the most competitive division is the 205 division so i love it the way it is. But with every other division it would be what kind of fighter can stop BJ/Gsp/Silva/and Fedor. that to me is exciting as fuck. i cant wait to see how Florian does against Penn, and im excited about Diego coming down because of how he will match up with BJ. I just think its more fun when you know who your gonna have to eventually face.
    test
  9. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

The only problem with the best p4p are the annoying bandwagon fans that come with them.

Like as soon as Anderson loses, watch how many people start popping up with the overrated shit.
    test
  10. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I get what you're saying, but I like the whole: "There's so many number 1 candidates that could be the champ right now..."-concept.

And I like Florian but I don't think he stands a chance against Penn...
    test
  11. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

yeah i hate hate hate bandwagon fans
    test
  12. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I don't think he's overrated.... I think he's an incredible fighter. I think his ground game is a 'lil overrated. And I think if Maia or Palhares could get 'em on the ground, they'll tap 'em...
    test
  13. Noodles

Noodles The People's Champion

Got to admit... After watching all of Brocks fights... I'm a fan. He has the perfect nickname - "The Supernatural"... its fucking true... his natural ability is far beyond these guys... with training to supplement that he's gonna go far in MMA.. .I disagree with skeptics saying he's just a cash cow for fast money now... he'll last.. maybe not as champion.. but i dont see MIR ending his reign
    test
  14. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

i read somewhere that we dont know lesnars cardio yet... does anyone actually watch these fights?

hes in the octagon at around 300 on the night of the fight.. its pure anatomy, theres only so much a heart can take regardless of how trained you are, thats a lot of body to pump blood to at that high of a pace for 25 minutes, thats just the facts of life..

can he last 5 rounds? of course, he just has to be more focused on keeping the fight at his pace.. lose that control and it's going to be hard.

example: look at how physically fit bob sapp was and then watch his fights that went past a couple rounds
    or just watch lesnar/couture, the worry and determination is clear toward the end of the fight, his breathing was real heavy and he knew he needed to finish.
    test
  15. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Nice attempt to take a jab at me. I thought you blocked me. Fraudulent ass...

Fact of the matter is, we don't know where his cardio's at. I have watched every Brock Lesnar fight including the one in Japan. Against Mir he wasn't gassed... Against Couture he wasn't gassed. I've seen PLENTY of fighters more tired after three rounds than Brock did after the Herring fight.

Nice attempt to be smart but saying exactly what Mike Goldberg said that night of the Couture/Lesnar fight...

Again, I've seen plenty of fighters with good cardio more gassed than Lesnar was after those three rounds.

That doesn't even make sense because Lesnar didn't look tired at all at the end of the Herring fight which was a round and a half longer.

Sorry, but if you don't remember. Joe Rogan was even talkin' about how well Lesnar was pacing himself. Be f'real...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.