Brock > Mir

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Knowledge, Dec 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knowledge

Knowledge Guest

Nog is over... I admit it... that shit was sorry, Mir kept throwing the same fucking combo & Nog couldn't do shit about it... every once in a while Mir would add a low kick or something minor on the end of it... but look at the match, he just kept throwing that same like 4 punch combo with a step in... it's what was fucking Nog up... now as much as I don't care who wins this one, I don't see Mir's stand up really standing a chance against Brock who will tower over his reach & power... I mean shit, you think Mir could beat Randy? lol!

Flame away...

*waits for ANDMirscock* haha
    test
  2. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

"ANDmirscock"? You actually followed that pathetic attempt at kindergarten level namecalling with a "haha"? Shows where your intellect is at...

And no, Mir was changing up his combos. When Nog was closing down the middle cuz of that uppercut, he came with hooks. And it wasn't four punch combos, it was three. And he was coming with 2's, 3's, and 4's. He was mixing 'em up. Watch the fight again... When Nog tried to block one of the holes he was giving up, Mir came and hit 'em from another angle.

And I agree on Lesnar. I think Lesnar is scary for anybody in the heavyweight division. Fedor is the only person I feel 100% confident could destroy Lesnar. But I'm still favoring Mir but a lot more worried about him than I was about Nog... But obviously, Mir isn't going to keep it stand up against Lesnar. He's going to try to get it on the floor and tap 'em again. So if Mir uses his gameplan correctly, the reach and striking power won't worry as much....

And yes, I think Mir could beat Couture...
    test
  3. Knowledge

Knowledge Guest

lol... sorry but your a vicious stan...

Anyway, Mir looked great no doubt... but I still say it was the same combo, cause after he threw it the first three times I started throwing shit at my screen everytime he used it again & again & again haha
    test
  4. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I'ma stan because I was arguing my point about why Mir was gonna beat Nog? WTF? So if anybody argues with somebody over their reasonings on why one fighter can beat another, then they suddenly become a "stan" of that fighter? That's ignorance.

Everything I stated about Mir and Nog was educated... I obviously know my MMA... And no, it wasn't using the same combo. Again, go watch the fight again. You must not know anything about striking if you think he was usin' the same combo. And it wasn't a four piece combo regardless. It was three more often but there were punches from different angles within those combos with kicks included.....
    test
  5. Knowledge

Knowledge Guest

You must not know anything <--- that's why I call you a stan... in your other threads you got obnoxious & defensive too.. I find it amusing...

Anyway... Nog didn't move his head at all, hands low, threw some shitty punches... I want to see Mir against a challenge... sorry but Nog is washed up now... I had to wash the fanboy off myself in that fight. First Crocop now this shit... fuck man
    test
  6. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I only got obnoxious AFTER Mir won cuz I was so excited and not only that, I was right 'n ya'll were wrong... hahahaha... I never got defensive. I argued my arguments with facts and past history...

Most heavyweights don't move their heads. Mir didn't either... Majority of heavyweights are pretty stiff when it comes to stand up... Couture and Fedor are two of the only that I think have great head movement...
    test
  7. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

This fight will be very competitive because Mir has the chance to end it at any point, But i think that Brock has to be the beating favorite. I know Mir holds a win over him however Brock was pretty green when he fought Mir the first time and if he learns from his mistakes he is well aware of the fact he can hurt Mir badly. also this fight will be where Brock chooses it to be. I think Brock is very capable of using his reach to strike with Mir enough to keep the points close then take him down with 2 minutes left in each round and pound his way to a UD.

I'd bet on Brock but with that said i would have put my house up on Nog vs Mir
    test
  8. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

brock is going to make light work of mir just to prove the last fight was a fluke

its to bad dana has a thing against fedor, he would have been running the HW division for years to come..
    test
  9. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Like I said in the other thread, I like Mir, but I think Brock's bulk and explosiveness will be too much for him. It'll be like the first fight sans the big mistakes.

Mir could win, but I think the odds are stacked against him. If he can get his takedown defense together and take advantage of Brock's slow, sloppy striking... well, we'll see.
    test
  10. jayoo

^exactly.. yes mir won last time, but who comes out like brock and wins fights? VERY few in the past have, its unorthodox.. its uneducated.. and all it takes is someone well versed in submissions to stop it, flailing your entire body every which way is the worst thing you can do, because at some point your arm or leg is flailing right into a possible submission it only takes that man to lock it..

look at brocks 2 fights since then, hes MUCH more controlled.. although for his size cardio will always be a problem if he's pushed 5 rounds.. but i dont think mir will last 5
    test
  11. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Mir has suspect cardio as well though. Maybe it's better now, but we didn't really get to see.

Brock's size and ability to wrestle will fuck with anyone. It even screws up the "take out his legs" gameplan because he can grab one and steamroll you.
    test
  12. Chamberfool

Chamberfool HAhahAHahaHAhahaHhaha

guys stoppit

ANDtheMC is gonna go into defend-frank-mir cardiac arrest
    test
  13. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

No retard... Again, I already said Lesnar has an EXCELLENT chance against Mir... I've been way more worried about Lesnar than Nog...
    test
  14. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

I was all on the Nog Bandwagon but truthfully i thought Brock was the better overall fighter out of the bunch. not in the sense he's the more skilled guy but his skill set and size are very hard to ignore. for him to lose to either of these two guys he has to make a mistake and i think at this point it has to be a pretty big one. I think someone like AA or Tim Sylvia are better suited to beat Brock because of there striking. No one is going to be able to keep a fight completely on the feet with Brock so having a good Wrestler isnt really all that great of a plan of attack. the Jits guys will be good but its going to be very hard to get and keep him on his back. Subbing anyone from the bottom is tough enough as it and with his size and strength he's only gonna get harder to sub like that. Mir could take an Arm with him but he's gonna need to do it early. Brock should wear his ass out with his wrestling and then beat him up on the feet for a few rounds.
    test
  15. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

I kinda thought Nog could pull out one of his last minute balls of smoke against Lesnar and get the win. After seeing his performance against mir, i realized Lesnar would hammerfist him limp in no time.
    test
  16. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I disagree about Silvia or Arvloski. Yes they have solid stand ups but they would get MASSACRED on the ground, AND YES BROCK WOULD TAKE IT TO THE GROUND. But I agree 100% on the strength, size, and explosiveness aspect. Plus, he's very technical at holding the opponent on the ground.

I think Mir has the best chance of the heavyweights because he's the most explosive on the submissions out of the heavyweights. There aren't many great jits guys in the heavyweight division... And Mir is VERY good at subbing from the guard...

I don't think Brock is going to try to let this fight go to the ground this fight. Mir wants it on the ground. Even if you listened to the strategy for the last fight in his interviews, he only kicked knowing it would lure Brock to take it to the ground...

Brock will have to be EXTREMELY cautious once the fight hits the floor. Probably should just stand up and try to win on points. But then again, the longer the fight the more opportunities Mir will have to grab a limb and end it... Who knows... Gonna be a real good one. I'm worried...
    test
  17. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Basically... I was tellin' everyone that Nog couldn't beat Lesnar IMO. In the heavyweight division, it's going to be REAL REAL REALLLL hard to find someone that will be able to beat Lesnar... I think in the UFC right now, Mir has one of the best shots... Obviously, if Fedor comes then it's going to be a massacre. I wanna see more jits guys in the heavyweight division...
    test
  18. Noodles

Noodles The People's Champion

Brock - all day
    test
  19. jayoo

brock is going to dominate mir
    lesnar wont make that same mistake, and with the strength and wrestling skills of lesnar combined with a more paced approach... hes going to be hard to beat.

the only way mir or anyone else in that division as of right now really has a chance.. is if he continues to be weak on his finishing ability. i give lesnar 3 strong rounds before his cardio completely shits on him. at that point i think a lot of fighters could take it to him, its just making it to that point thats gonna be hard.

the only reason he was still going strong in the herring fight was because it was completely one-sided, he wasnt taking any shots or exerting much energy after that first punch landed, but that also showed his weakness in finishing an opponent.. most other HWs would have took herring out before the decision had they landed the shots lesnar did
    test
  20. Chamberfool

Chamberfool HAhahAHahaHAhahaHhaha

its gonna be hard to bet against lesnar.

I hate to say that.

But I am crossing both my fingers that Mir fucking chokes him out, or puts his arm in the vice grip

or better yet, finishes him witj the EXACT same move he did last time. that would be awesome
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.