brock, angle, and big show

Discussion in 'Smack Down!' started by kjay, Aug 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kjay

kjay The Boy Who Gots Soul

who do yall think gonna go for the heavy weight title other than big show, angle, and brock. im tired of them three going at it even though they have great matches
    test
  2. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

Taker will be next...

i want to see Eddie tho
    test
  3. Hans Solo

Hans Solo New Member

as far as eddie.. yeah, hes good, but he's not really over with the fans..

judging by who's more over, and in touch with the fans, i'd say that they'll probably aim at taker..

there's not really others to go for besides angle, lesnar, big show, undertaker, unless they give eddie a huge push, or just stick a-train up there for good purpose..

overall though, if wwe pieces it correctly, they could easily get benoit up there, forcing a benoit/angle feud which could be legendary
    test
  4. Cane

Cane Guest

said the crazy person who obviously hasn't been watching smackdown
    test
  5. Hans Solo

Hans Solo New Member

yeah's he's over..

but is he really over enough to be the damn champion
    test
  6. abztrakt

abztrakt the impossible cool.

Is your last name McMahon?

Not only is Eddie about as over as anyone on Smackdown, he's also proved himself to be a ratings draw.
    test
  7. Nam Dekan

yeah werent the quarter hour ratings higher with him

but was big show over enough to be a champion?

are half of the people who get pushes to title feuds over enough? Nash, Steiner, and Show...

they would prolly make Eddie look weak tho like they did with Booker...getting put away with 1 pedigree...
    test
  8. Cane

Cane Guest

^sad but true
    test
  9. Tha Top Dawg

Tha Top Dawg Subtle, yet sassy.

Eddie is one of the most over people in the company right now, I'd say along side Jericho and Angle, all 3 always seem to get great reactions regardless, and it's a shame only 1 is used properly.

And abs is right, most people in the world title hunt the past year or so have been painfully unover and shouldn't have been there.
    test
  10. Hans Solo

Hans Solo New Member

thats exactly what i mean..

sure, eddie's over, and draw's great reactions.. but is he really a top franchise player in the eyes of the company, and you guys as fans?

can you really see eddie guerrero pinning kurt angle for the title, or even taking out brock lesnar?

thats what i meant.. i can easily see jericho, cause i've seen him run with the title, and seen what raw talent he has alongside main eventers such as hbk, and rvd and such..

then there's the fact, the only near main eventer i've had the opportunity to see eddie work with was edge.. and yes it was great.. but they need to get him over with more main event caliber matches with guys like angle, and such

besides, if they just pushed him with out the above stuff, they'd make him even look softer than they did booker, or how they made hbk, orton, and jericho look in the chamber
    test
  11. R3flex

R3flex Smackin Ya Manses

^Well, Seeing Eddie with the strap would be alot more entertaining than a Steph/Sable match topping the card.

WWE has put it in peoples minds that only big guys can be the champ. I hope they break that soon
    test
  12. abztrakt

He's hung with and beaten Benoit, who's more of a main eventer than Edge, and he was supposed to feud with Austin before he walked out last year. And pretty much everyone said the same thing about Jericho before they finally gave him his title run, and some people STILL say that about him. The fact is, with just a little build, he could look like a contender. No one will look like a title threat if they're not booked that way.

And yeah, I read that the quarter hour his segments were in were the highest rated of the show, even though they were just stuck somewhere in the middle.
    test
  13. 6th_plague

6th_plague More then meets the eye

no taker...pfft no way

he gotta be anouncing his retirement soon fo so...

he was a dope wrestler but he is soo shit to watch...watching lance storm wrestle is better

i think cena will go heavyweight soon
    test
  14. Nam Dekan

Im hoping WWE takes a cue from TNA and realize you dont need a big monster to hold the world title, but like you said booked to be a contender and looks like he should hold the belt. Styles is like 5'10 and 200 but he was booked as a title holder and made to look like he earned it, TNA has also done the same with D'Lo and Raven. WWE made them like nothing...its all about the way someone is booked...
    test
  15. abztrakt

Yeah, anyone under like 250 lbs. is made to look weak in WWE, especially heels. I guess it's Vince's big man fetish though. All they really have to do to make Benoit or Guerrero a contender is to push the fact that they're good acutal WRESTLERS, which is why they can hang with big men in spite of their size. But I guess that just doesn't fit the "WWE Main Event Style".
    test
  16. Cane

Cane Guest

i'm not so much disappointed with you as i am with the WWE. they've got it planted in peoples minds(like the guy above me) that only certain people can be champion and no one gets pushed anymore.

seriously, it's like they're scared to do it because he doesn't fit the bill, but i'm sure if they just tried they'd see they have nothing to be scared of and eddie is perfect for the main event. it's like putting unover hosses on raws main event...they dont know any better.

oh, one more thing. rvd is not a main eventer despite you probably wanting him to be. he never will be, and deservingly so.

you need to get out of the whole mindstate that he doesn't fit in. it's called getting a push, id they do his right he'd be the best thing smackdown has to offer(hell, he might already be)
    test
  17. SeQueL

SeQueL Mmm Tig Ol Bitties

RVD has like the most talent.. He is a main eventer Cane..
    Jus since he came ta WWE, they fucked his character all up.
    Man was a television champ at ECW for like 16 months..Now he's a upper midcarder and thas sad.

In WWE RVD doesnt have as much heart as he used to, plus he moves at a slower pace..

Buh yea, Eddie could easily be WWE champion..but he wont cause vince is a stupid fuck..Chris Beniot, even Rhyno would be champ if this was some otha federation otha than WWE
    test
  18. Nam Dekan

RVD also works stiff, he even admitted he works very stiff in some radio interview...if he did get another main event push, i would hope he gets a manager or something
    test
  19. V E R B

V E R B Guest

see, i always said, if big shows loses weight, and builds his attitude a bit harsher... he could be unstoppable like WCW days
    test
  20. Cane

Cane Guest

bad news man. rvd is not a main eventer just because you like him. you might think he's FIT for it, but he's not there right now. he doesn't deserve to be anyway..his stick work is some of the worst i've ever seen, his matches suck without some sort of inanimate objects to use(mainly cause it seems like he's just going through the motions), he's stiff, he looks sloppy(bends his legs WAY too much in kicks, his kicks are slow, he does way too many pointless moves), people barely care about him anymore except for when he does a frog splash.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.