Breaking News:Piper gets the boot

Discussion in 'Smack Down!' started by masterragu, Jun 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masterragu

masterragu Sweep The Leg, Johnny!

PIPER GETS THE BOOT

Since March 31, 2003, World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (“WWE”) and Roderick Toombs, p/k/a “Roddy Piper”, have attempted to negotiate the terms of an arrangement for Roddy to appear on WWE programming through August of this year. The parties have been unable to reach a mutually acceptable agreement.
    On Tuesday, June 24, Piper appeared on an HBO program and revealed disturbing facts about his own personal drug use. Piper stated that he used drugs for many years while working in professional wrestling and that he does not like the person that he becomes when he actively performs as a professional wrestler.

In view of WWE’s inability to reach agreement on a contract and to assist Piper from engaging in any self destructive behavior, the WWE is ending any further discussion with Piper regarding a contract.

The WWE sincerely hopes for Piper and his family that Roddy can find happiness.
    test
  2. Complete Chaos

Complete Chaos I'm Drugs.

test
  3. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

This news pleases me.
    test
  4. Tha Top Dawg

Tha Top Dawg Subtle, yet sassy.

Me as well, good riddance to one of many old fucks who have no business clogging up tv time.
    test
  5. jam_on33

jam_on33 I am...Nicky Bucks

i wonder what is so hard about writing a script for a person.

if he does good/bad things then the crowd will enjoy it.

what was it? money?
    test
  6. Lost Prophet

Lost Prophet 11/04/2000 - 06/19/2009

Damn, I still remember watching him at the main even in the very first Wrestlemania.
    test
  7. masterragu

lmao read what i posted it explains it...
    test
  8. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

It's positive on both ends of the deal, even though they didn't exactly come to one.

I wonder what they'll do with O'Haire now. Hopefully they're planning better things than having him stand next to old fucks, or put him in tag team matches with Big Show (and it wouldn't surprise me if he tags with Big Show next week).
    test
  9. jam_on33

jam_on33 I am...Nicky Bucks

alot of people that are on tv are probably doing some drugs.

and as far as attempting negotiate the terms of an arrangement, it is not like there are competing wrestling show that Piper can choose from. after the WWE you would get too much more exposure. he can get other gigs and still be on WWE, i guess.

he is stupid. he should have taken any monies offered to him. and they could have changed his character if that's what he wanted. i mean it is not like he was a "wrestler" all he did was talk. well i never saw him in a match recently.
    test
  10. FortiFied Killa

FortiFied Killa New Member

there goes my only reason to watch smackdown untill edge gets back
    test
  11. masterragu

WTF

how about rey mysterio, ultimo dragon, chris benoit etc...
    test
  12. FortiFied Killa

mysterio bores me...ever since he took off his mask in wcw he hasnt been the same, no more amazing fluries of luchadore magic like we saw against melanko, phycosis and the rest of the cruiserweight division.

Forgot about ultimo dragon coming soon

the wwe ruined benoit, hopefully he'll get back on track cuz he used to be my favourite wrestler, I liked him from the 4 horsemen all the way till he started smackdown
    test
  13. masterragu

what about team angle?..
    test
  14. Cane

Cane Guest

shame, he was still one of, if not the best mic worker in the history of wrestling.

oh well, they were using him wrong anyway.

"duuur, he's fat, pale and out of shape. but hes a great stick worker...so lets keep him off the stick and put him in multiple matches! yeah! arrrgghhh duurgh!"
    test
  15. Macabre

Macabre Guest

word on the mic thing

He was funny as hell on the stick
    test
  16. FortiFied Killa

...no
    test
  17. Cane

Cane Guest

you're the perfect example of one of those people who won't be satisfied with anything
    test
  18. masterragu

if you can like kurt or team angle you are crazyyy...
    test
  19. FortiFied Killa

I'm assuming you mean cant, if I'm wrong let me know and I will edit my answer.

I find them all very boring, I used to love kurt when he first came in and was a heel, he used to make me laugh and is, of course, an amazing wrestler. But ever since he turned face that first time theres just been something about him that is very "usuall" (probably because I watched him 10 years ago except his name was hulk) for wrestlers to be entertaining they have to have something about them that stands out...he doesnt have it anymore, and team angle never did.

Just like Booker T, when he was with goldust I used to enjoy him, but now he's EXACTLY like he was in wwc and always found that boring...i cant explain why, I just cant watch his matches.
    test
  20. Cane

Cane Guest

yeah everyone has an opinion and taste, but you, are WAY, fucking WAAAAAAY too picky.

if you don't like kurt angle, rey mysterio, booker t or anyone like that, turn off the tv and don't watch wrestling, you'll never be entertained.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.