Brandon Burris aka Point Game passed away

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by Ness Lee, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Free Lynx

Free Lynx ®m legend Peter Parker

Love u nigga 4ever
    test
  2. MAK.

MAK. New Member

Shoulda dropped by this thread sooner.
    RIP PG. hands down one of the illest around.
    test
  3. Sneez

Sneez Danish Curling

rest in peace!
    test
  4. Kraylen

Kraylen Killer Instinct Champion.

Miss you Brandon, thanks for the soundcard back in 2000... you were a whole hearted dude, rare as hell these days. RIP.
    test
  5. Vigelante -=LW=-

Vigelante -=LW=- New Member

One of the best to ever touch the site...

Hands Down The Illest...

RIP Brother...
    test
  6. Dizeazed

Dizeazed -Stay crazy!-

In the fall of 2009 I wrote and recorded a remix to Drake's "Best I Ever Had" and sent an unfinished, rough copy to an artist online whose opinion I highly admired. As an artist, I wasn't anywhere near the skill level of the individual aforementioned, so I figured I'd never hear back and I would chalk it up as wishful thinking... However, within five minutes, the artist responded and demanded that I free up a verse for him! He told me that he had recently split up with someone he truly loved and resonated with my song and lyrical content more then he could express. He sent me his recorded verse within the hour and I was awestruck, to say the least. I never posted the song online because he outshined me in every aspect of songwriting and performing, which was expected but nonetheless embarrassing.

I decided against making the material public until I could create something decent and not sound horrid when paired next to his mere four stanzas. Unfortunately, before I was able to polish up my lyrics and presentation, he passed away just a few weeks into the new year of 2010 - at the young age of 27. It's been almost 2 ½ years since his passing and I'm finally ready to share our collaboration.

The artist's name is Brandon Burris, better known by his stage name "Point Game". He was an amazing lyricist, ever-progressing artist, and a down to earth human being with an enormous heart... And that description is an understatement. He was a regular visitor of the website RapMusic.com V3.0 Emcee Battles, where you were sure to know his name even if you weren't familiar with his music. He influenced and inspired an overwhelming amount of artists, and a thread was dedicated to him in honor of his life that was shared with so many of us via forum posts, instant message conversations, mp3 files, and face-to-face relationships. Point Game was an extraordinary individual, and I'm honored to have been given the opportunity to share in his art form. His music, and life, will not be forgotten by the many he was able to touch... RIP.

Quotes from this thread can be found in the video, slightly altered.

[youtube]4vGA7jKoxOI[/youtube]
    test
  7. Deadly Sins

Deadly Sins New Member

^ His verse on that was amazing ....Damn ...I didn't know dude from adam, but homie was a big talent ...R.I.P!
    test
  8. Free Lynx

Free Lynx ®m legend Peter Parker

I think about u every day bro.the world needed u fam, but god needed u more. I love u my nigga we gon keep your name alive believe that.
    test
  9. Soliloquy

Soliloquy rap game tilda swinton

His name sounds familiar but not his stage name. I've never heard his music as well. Either way, he clearly had a lot of fam and I don't think anyone had anything bad to say about the guy. I know how it feels to lose people so close to you so my condolences to the guy's family. I know it was a while ago but that's the kinda shit that takes decades to heal.

RIP.
    test
  10. TraGiC

TraGiC Recognize Real

missing you my dood, sorry about that track taking longer than expected, some shit with my setup as always..ha...just wanted to stop by and say what's up...see you when I see you...

holla
    test
  11. Resilient.

Resilient. .. . ..

I found my old iPod the other day, and it has 4 of your songs. Miss your music man. I know you're up there looking down on all of us.. Until we meet again, brother.
    test
  12. El Hefe

El Hefe New Member

Coming by for the first time since selling the site... just to make sure this post is still here.

He is still missed by many.

This is Legacy.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  13. Envy

Envy Song Writer / Artist.

I miss you bro.
    test
  14. Ness Lee

Ness Lee I'm kind of a big deal

wow man. thank you for this story and song bro
    test
  15. Sneez

Sneez Danish Curling

yea that PG verse is fuckin serious damn

RIP
    test
  16. Dizeazed

Dizeazed -Stay crazy!-

Most definitely.
    test
  17. AlwayGoOn4th

AlwayGoOn4th New Member

r.i.p brother
    test
  18. Dahnamics

Dahnamics Bitch, Don't Kill My Vibe

was syncing my old contacts to my newest phone the other day... musta tapped the 'b' key and whaddaya know... "PG Brandon Burris" number pops up. smh. RIP to a genuine ass dude. i still remember how amped i was when i got that copy of his first album in my mailbox. played that jawn for erybody out here g. RIP.
    test
  19. yayo

yayo Polar Bear LaFlare

RIP probably chillin with Biggie and Pac loving the spirit world , u never know.
    test
  20. AlwayGoOn4th

AlwayGoOn4th New Member

Miss ya bro.....
    test